Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

What attitude ?

Who thinks other players are more deserving ?

I think people are over complicating this whole thing

This is more the Facebook brigade, which makes up a decent portion of our supporter base.

I've seen that attitude in the corporate environment as well - "I deserve the opportunities more than the next bloke because I've been here longer"

Stupid mentality, but it exists unfortunately.

Not hard for the masses to overcomplicate things when the days after the announcement Fox reports of a rift between Dawson and Doedee!!

Seriously ROB has to lift his game this year

JJ was in the leadership group, next year he’s out and can’t get a game at Geelong. And now he’s their ruck coach😮😝

Don’t let it happen to you ROB…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t believe Nicks has Dawson playing defence. Times today he was lining up in the back pocket. The fuxking back pocket for our best player with the best kick in the team who could also be using his height to advantage up the ground.

I’m sure the team mates up the ground will hear our captains voice.

To think we thought we were trading in an attacking weapon and this is how we are playing him.

I can’t believe Nicks has Dawson playing defence. Times today he was lining up in the back pocket. The fuxking back pocket for our best player with the best kick in the team who could also be using his height to advantage up the ground.

To think we thought we were trading in an attacking weapon and this is how we are playing him.
If Nicks survives the year I'll be very surprised.

You would have to suspect that Dawson agrees it’s the position he can have the most impact for the team currently. If he strongly believed otherwise over the last 12 months - and he is leadership material- he would have had the conversation and had them make a change

There is no way they would have made him captain if he wasn’t on the same wavelength as the coach

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You would have to suspect that Dawson agrees it’s the position he can have the most impact for the team currently. If he strongly believed otherwise over the last 12 months - and he is leadership material- he would have had the conversation and had them make a change

There is no way they would have made him captain if he wasn’t on the same wavelength as the coach

Or Dawson is happy to play wherever the coach thinks the team needs him best. Plus it would be very unusual for a player, let alone a new recruit dictate to the coach where he should play.

Why would we have to suspect that, you seriously reckon that players dictate their roles to coaches? What is beyond mere suspicion and is absolute fact is that Jordan Dawson's role depends entirely upon what the coaches believe is best for their gameday strategy. What Dawson want or believes is irrelevant.

Or Dawson is happy to play wherever the coach thinks the team needs him best. Plus it would be very unusual for a player, let alone a new recruit dictate to the coach where he should play.

i really can't work out why rabid needs to believe that Dawson is the driving force behind his defensive role. Like every other player in the league, they play where the coaches think they're of best use to their overall strategy. As if Dawson is telling Nix where he's playing.

I agree that Dawson wouldn’t be able to dictate - but you would have to think if he genuinely believes it’s not the most effective spot for him to play he would have had the discussion. So Nicks has either given him reasons that he has got behind or we will see a change early in the year once the side settles down

As a number of people have observed - we have plenty of defenders fighting for a spot. If they think those guys are up to it then there would be no reason to hold Dawson back there, unless that is seen as his most valuable spot in this squad

Why would we have to suspect that, you seriously reckon that players dictate their roles to coaches? What is beyond mere suspicion and is absolute fact is that Jordan Dawson's role depends entirely upon what the coaches believe is best for their gameday strategy. What Dawson want or believes is irrelevant.

I agree - as per response to George

Not irrelevant though. Coach and captain relationship, and being aligned, is one of the most important within the footy club. You don’t think players get really annoyed if they are played out of position or not in a position that beat helps the team win?
If that’s the case I suggest you haven’t been on the inside of footy clubs much. These guys are competitive by nature and want to win.

There is a lot of angst on here about where Dawson plays - if he felt passionately that he should be further up the ground for the best outcome for the team that would absolutely be taken into account.

It will be interesting to see if he moves in the early part of the year to a more permanent wing/mid role. That would suggest the frustration on here has been correct.

If Nicks survives the year I'll be very surprised.
Footy season or calendar year?

Doubt he is sacked during the season, but depending on how we go it's a possibility he isn't around for next season.

Footy season or calendar year?

Doubt he is sacked during the season, but depending on how we go it's a possibility he isn't around for next season.
if he hasn't drammatically improved his w/l ratio by the bye, there won't be many natives left waving his flag. I hope he brings it all together but time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back