Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2016 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic from a draftee question, I see that Braydon Preuss is/will be upgraded to the North Melbourne senior list. I saw part of his round 20 VFL game against Box Hill and Pittonet and thought he got beaten on the day. What is your opinion of his progress this year? Do you think the upgrade to the senior list is justified?

Unless someone is a best 22 player I see no reason for an upgrade.

Preuss has progressed well this year and has become at VFL level a genuine number one ruckman who is probably ready to play at AFL level next season if required. Strong, big boy who is getting the hitouts and follows reasonable up well.

I assume North Melbourne view Preuss as Goldstein's eventual successor and as the first depth ruck option from next season.

I'd take Preuss over Pittonet. Bigger boy and better tap ruckman who is improving at a more rapid rate, coming from rugby previously.

The upgrade just speaks to how hard Preuss is working and how far he is progressed in a short space of time.

Unless someone is a best 22 player I see no reason for an upgrade.

Preuss has progressed well this year and has become at VFL level a genuine number one ruckman who is probably ready to play at AFL level next season if required. Strong, big boy who is getting the hitouts and follows reasonable up well.

I assume North Melbourne view Preuss as Goldstein's eventual successor and as the first depth ruck option from next season.

I'd take Preuss over Pittonet. Bigger boy and better tap ruckman who is improving at a more rapid rate, coming from rugby previously.

The upgrade just speaks to how hard Preuss is working and how far he is progressed in a short space of time.
I think you're right, I recently read an article somewhere that Daw sees himself more as a forward/ruck so it makes sense that Preuss is seen as the eventual successor. If you were to liken his style to a current/past ruckman who would you liken him to? From that one game I saw of him I guess he's a Mumford type ruckman but I could be way off.

I think you're right, I recently read an article somewhere that Daw sees himself more as a forward/ruck so it makes sense that Preuss is seen as the eventual successor. If you were to liken his style to a current/past ruckman who would you liken him to? From that one game I saw of him I guess he's a Mumford type ruckman but I could be way off.

Stylistically I wouldn't disagree, that is roughly Preuss' developmental vision, or what I would envisage the coaches as looking for him to develop into some variation of given his physical stature and size.

Interested in your thoughts on Matt Hanson from Werribee as a mature age recruit/rookie. Seemed to always be in the bests for the Bees

Interested in your thoughts on Matt Hanson from Werribee as a mature age recruit/rookie. Seemed to always be in the bests for the Bees
Does everything well except his kicking is poor. Think he's a chance to be drafted.

Where does Brandon Parfitt sit in the scheme of things bud?

Any guys falling off the radar? Jarod Korewha, Todd Marshall (outside the top 15 imho), Jarod Berry (outside the top 20) all seem like guys falling out

Parfitt looks like a late/rookie pick. Korewha may be picked but more likely than not is overlooked.

Marshall may still go first round, or may drop into the second round.

Berry probably goes somewhere around pick 20ish. His stocks haven't changed much.

Gallucci is one who is falling down my draft board and likely other draft boards. Production hasn't been up to the expected level with footskills inconsistent. Looks more second rounder than first rounder.

Jack Graham's stocks are falling - won't go first round I can't imagine, but 2nd-3rd round likely.

Jacob Allison and Jack Rolls' stocks have decreased.

Joshua Battle has dropped from potential first round selection to a second rounder.

Ben McGuinness, Peter Ladhams, Luke Strnadica, Jeremy Goddard, Noah Hura, Steven Slimming are some academy boys who may all go undrafted.

Harrison Macreadie and Jake Waterman have also seen their stocks drop to varying degrees.

Good ball winner. Strong tackler. Has some acceleration. Good scoreboard impact. Just isn't a good kick - with a kicking efficiency well below 50%.

Hi Champ hope your well..

My mail is Dogs will trade..
Jong-Gold coast pick 22
stevens-Pick 26 Essendon(from Melb)
Hrovat-pick 23 Carlton

So Dogs would have picks
18- Louge
22-Florent
23-Battle
26-Drew
34-Clarke
56-Long
71-Cloke

Thoughts??

Jong-Gold coast pick 22
Hrovat-pick 23 Carlton

So Dogs would have picks
18- Louge
22-Florent
23-Battle
26-Drew
34-Clarke
56-Long
71-Cloke

Thoughts??
very nice Logue is maybe only 30% to be available at 18 seems to have risen,

Cloke 71. really he's a delisted free agent now?

Second round or nothing from a a collingwood perspective Dogs third round is next to nothing , if the dogs want vcloke and they do, they should give something up for him, his manager and dogs people saying he's like "a free agent" is just false. It's dishonest, they obviously think he's worth something and hope to get him for unders. It might well happen but it's hardly nice.(yes the dogs don't have into be nice )but this propaganda blitz about "he's like a free agent" is dishonest and annoying.

I think having the confidence to Kick from 60+ would have gone down well. Nothing offering up front either , as there was none Jf his players crumbing . What you would expect from a throw together scratch match vs playing with regular team

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jong-Gold coast pick 22
Hrovat-pick 23 Carlton

So Dogs would have picks
18- Louge
22-Florent
23-Battle
26-Drew
34-Clarke
56-Long
71-Cloke

Thoughts??
Can i have what ur smoking? your not even close.

Jong will get you a pick around 30+
Stevens 3rd/4th round
Hrovat 3rd/4th round

Jong-Gold coast pick 22
Hrovat-pick 23 Carlton

So Dogs would have picks
18- Louge
22-Florent
23-Battle
26-Drew
34-Clarke
56-Long
71-Cloke

Thoughts??

It reads like a list of trade scenarios created by a Dogs fan.

Jong, Stevens and Hrovat all are depth midfielders and as such would be worth picks more likely in the 40s than the 20s.

For Cloke I expect Collingwood only agree to a deal conditional on it being Western Bulldogs' second round pick. Cloke is a contracted player and Collingwood have already made the comment that while they'll trade him if the deal is appropriate, they'll keep him if the offer is not suitable.

And frankly my preference from a Collingwood perspective would be to retain Cloke (over receiving any second round pick) with his numbers still fine and sustainable and of a best 22 standard. Given his durability over the years and longevity of his father, Cloke in my view is someone who Collingwood have made the mistake firstly to drop during the year but also to even have on the trade table. He isn't getting any smaller and still has excellent endurance by position, but he just isn't the dominant contested mark who squeezes the air out of the ball as he did prior to 2014 when he was one of the elite key forwards.

Thoughts on Brayden Kirk? seems to be a little unknown despite getting a state combine invite

Highly productive outside player who seems to use the ball pretty well and sometimes do damage. He just can't win his own ball and needs to start doing that before winning me over.

State combine invite for me is correct for Kirk.

Gday KM.
Do you know of anywhere that will have the full results from the draft combine?

It reads like a list of trade scenarios created by a Dogs fan.

Jong, Stevens and Hrovat all are depth midfielders and as such would be worth picks more likely in the 40s than the 20s.

For Cloke I expect Collingwood only agree to a deal conditional on it being Western Bulldogs' second round pick. Cloke is a contracted player and Collingwood have already made the comment that while they'll trade him if the deal is appropriate, they'll keep him if the offer is not suitable.

And frankly my preference from a Collingwood perspective would be to retain Cloke (over receiving any second round pick) with his numbers still fine and sustainable and of a best 22 standard. Given his durability over the years and longevity of his father, Cloke in my view is someone who Collingwood have made the mistake firstly to drop during the year but also to even have on the trade table. He isn't getting any smaller and still has excellent endurance by position, but he just isn't the dominant contested mark who squeezes the air out of the ball as he did prior to 2014 when he was one of the elite key forwards.

Knightmare I value your view on young talent however you are way out here.

Cloke will be 4th rounder, Jong pick in the 20's, Hrovat high 20's or very early 30's and Stevens plus 50

Cloke will be 4th rounder, Jong pick in the 20's, Hrovat high 20's or very early 30's and Stevens plus 50

Eh. Put Jong and Hrovat the same at about 35. Could pick same production mids at around the same pick or higher.

Stevens is about 45. Solid depth but not going to be a top 15 player at most clubs

Knightmare, as the draft draws near, how do you see this years crop compate to 2015 and 2014 at the same point. Contentious as they are, I always enjoy it when you 'mash' a list of several drafts - any chance of a top 20 or 30 from you from the past three years based on what you project and what you have seen so far?

For the first time Knighmare I have to say no idea lol.

Spoke to a friend at the Pies and he has told me the deal is done and Cloke has ripped up contract saving you $500k.... pick 71.

As for Jong cant Knock back $450-$550 a year at gold Coast 4 years pick 22 is on the table

Hrovat has Carlton,St Kilda,Melbourne,Essendon all ready to deal so pick around mid 20s is a great chance :)

Stevens is a hard one with only Essendon and Richmond keen.

For the first time Knighmare I have to say no idea lol.

Spoke to a friend at the Pies and he has told me the deal is done and Cloke has ripped up contract saving you $500k.... pick 71.

As for Jong cant Knock back $450-$550 a year at gold Coast 4 years pick 22 is on the table

Hrovat has Carlton,St Kilda,Melbourne,Essendon all ready to deal so pick around mid 20s is a great chance :)

Stevens is a hard one with only Essendon and Richmond keen.

some guy told you, really? how many of posts like this do we see and how many turn out to be right? 0.001 %

pick 71 is nothing. why would the pies agree? the bulldogs want cloke. why should the pies just hand him over for absolutely nothing? it may well happen but it's hardly a nice move, theres always chance the other party will come back with an equally screw you approach.

of Cloke moves to the western bulldogs, he has broken his contract and Collingwood are not obliged to pay a cent. the only way that cloke can move and have the money paid is if collingwood say agree to pay out of the goodness of their hearts, the only threat cloke has to push collingwood to pay is to stay and play for collingwood.

people always over estimate their own clubs players. people are always trying to unload players they did not want for high picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back