Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2016 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one game . It's also a game where guys are backing up from GFs, Mad Monday's, interstate travel so take it for what it is .
I think recruiters will have formed their views before today's match .

To you Bullies supporters I really hope you get up. Been to one GF only but great sporting occasion , you have to love Victorians passion for AFL

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Throughout the game I was thinking - throw Drew in the midfield and you'll have a contest. But never happened just as was the case during the u18 championships.

Going to have a fair bit I'll go through in my weekly wrap about the game.
Micky O'Loughlin's master plan to get him to the Swans for their 2nd rounder??...;)

It's one game . It's also a game where guys are backing up from GFs, Mad Monday's, interstate travel so take it for what it is .
I think recruiters will have formed their views before today's match .

To you Bullies supporters I really hope you get up. Been to one GF only but great sporting occasion , you have to love Victorians passion for AFL

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Sandringham boys seemed to back up pretty well after a GF. Taranto and Florent in particular.

Micky O'Loughlin's master plan to get him to the Swans for their 2nd rounder??...;)

It's a clever thought except Sydney don't need any more midfielders - overlooking Dunkley as a result of their stacked midfield group. It just seems a result of a view from either clubs or whoever that Drew is a tier below and just there to fill up the numbers.

Did Judd and O'Loughlin even coach today? If not were they even at the ground? I wasn't looking out for either, but I didn't notice either of them at the respective huddles at any point.

I concede though, my interest was on the players in the huddles - were they listening? nodding off? speaking up? etc.

It's a clever thought except Sydney don't need any more midfielders - overlooking Dunkley as a result of their stacked midfield group. It just seems a result of a view from either clubs or whoever that Drew is a tier below and just there to fill up the numbers.

Did Judd and O'Loughlin even coach today? If not were they even at the ground? I wasn't looking out for either, but I didn't notice either of them at the respective huddles at any point.

I concede though, my interest was on the players in the huddles - were they listening? nodding off? speaking up? etc.
Sanderson I'm pretty sure was coaching today

A
The Sandringham boys seemed to back up pretty well after a GF. Taranto and Florent in particular.
the Hyphens also from WA but it is a potentially tougher gig Perth to Punt Road vs Sandringham to Punt Rd .

Was as per initial post more referring to those from interstate , I know a number of WA lads who have combine next week are staying over in Melbourne rather tham throw in another two travel days , sensible move

Shia Bolton had shades of Cyril to his game today, love to see him at Hawthorn!
Shai Spent the entire season playing Colts footy here in WA. Would have been good to see him tried at reserves or league level as quite a number of his state team mates were. His Perth club not strong in either. Natural footballer and has some strut about him, Cyril, you could only hope so even shades pretty damn good

Hey KM think Micky O team really missed Brodie and Settlefield in the midfield, would have been a much better game if they had played.
Team Judd just had way too much goal kicking power in there forward line with McCluggage Anisworth Taranto and Battle.
Was really impressed with SPS today was the best I've seen him play this year, he was super clean, hard at the footy, tackled with intensity and was composed with ball in hand.

Hey KM think Micky O team really missed Brodie and Settlefield in the midfield, would have been a much better game if they had played.
Team Judd just had way too much goal kicking power in there forward line with McCluggage Anisworth Taranto and Battle.
Was really impressed with SPS today was the best I've seen him play this year, he was super clean, hard at the footy, tackled with intensity and was composed with ball in hand.

Beyond staked that Judd front half and I feel had Micky O's team had Brodie and Setterfield they would have had the midfield advantage.

SPS played a good brand of footy through the midfield. Provided a spark and showed the hardness he needed to around the ball winning it and tackling well. One of the good contributors today.

Just like the U18 Championships today Willem Drew consigned to the back pocket for almost the whole game when his team had only Florent with any real impact in the midfield WTF!! Scharenberg's disposal in particular was awful today, can't see him going 1st round on today's showing.
Was surprised Scharenberg got best on in the SANFL grand final his disposal was poor in that game aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who do you believe collingwood will target with all their draft picks and rookie choices?

Was surprised Scharenberg got best on in the SANFL grand final his disposal was poor in that game aswell

Scharenberg's disposal in the granny wasn't his strength but that is missing the point of his game. It was his sheer will and want. He brought a great physical edge and desperation to the game and that earned him the B.O.G. in that game for mine.

who do you believe collingwood will target with all their draft picks and rookie choices?

They probably want Daicos and Brown.

Collingwood want talls (kpps + maybe a ruck if Witts goes) and general forwards.

They like top agers. Want more athletic types - be it speed or endurance.

When constructing my phantom draft they'll be the things I'll be looking at with the Pies.

To give you a couple of names I can see Collingwood considering. Tiziani as a forward and Ronke as an explosive mid/fwd I could see receiving consideration late/rookie - and would be recommending as two of the better top agers who few are talking about.

and how far away do you see cllingwood from being in finals contention?

Depends entirely on list changes.

Could be next year if Collingwood make some sound recruiting decisions.

If they cut half the list and get no one of consequence back then they probably miss the finals again.

A question for after free agency/trade and draft periods are over.

will ronke and tiziani defintely be picked up and if so about where? Also any other 19 y o's who will defintely be picked up or are around the mark

will ronke and tiziani defintely be picked up and if so about where? Also any other 19 y o's who will defintely be picked up or are around the mark

Neither are definites.

They're both players I'm personally high on - no idea if they're even on Collingwood's draft board.

Both likely are late/rookie picks as top agers.

Cedric Cox probably goes late 1st or second round. Lachlan Walker is a seriously good top age midfielder but is not a certain selection. Ben Long is draftable and probably gets picked somewhere in the national draft.

h

ow many phantom drafts do you normally do before the draft and what date is the draft this year?

In years past my phantom drafts have been up from the start of the season or whenever I've started my draft thread on bigfooty.

This year has been a different year with my focus more so on creating weekly content and doing draft profiles more with a view to making them based on my personal rankings.

The national and rookie drafts happen at the end of November. 25th for national draft. 28th for rookie draft.

what chance is lachlan walker of getting picked up and if so what range, ive heard a bit about him?

what chance is lachlan walker of getting picked up and if so what range, ive heard a bit about him?

Late/rookie chance but not certainty.

Like his game though. Good mid who can play inside/outside. Good skills. Wins his own ball. Good all-rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back