List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Most st kilda fans seem pretty happy about Howard being on the trade table. He isn’t very good.

Letting him go meant we could get games into McKenzie in 2020, who was playing SANFL in 2019. Mckenzie is an upgrade, and then we were able to pick up Allir for a second rounder the following year, who is a significant upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Haven’t paid too much attention to Zerk Thatcher. ( Zerk should actually be his first name ) but stats from last night in a truly ordinary side.

15 disposals at 93% efficiency
Not sure how many of them just chips looking for a way out or kick ins all of them seem to be within 30 metres of goal?

Did stay out there for 100% of the game so maybe has a reasonable tank?

1 tackle 3 score involvements

7 contested possessions
7 uncontested

8 intercept possessions

He reads as a half decent pickup. Not sure what the deal looks like that gets him here though?

If we want to create a true dynasty team trading Wines should be our first priority. If the crows paid two firsts for a 28 year old Bryce Gibbs we could get something similar for a 28 year old Brownlow medalist.
I'm not against this. Some times you need to be ruthless. Mind you none of rat, Grundy or bzt are worth a first rounder.
But with one you could manage to get all 3 done without ripping your team apart.

Haven’t paid too much attention to Zerk Thatcher. ( Zerk should actually be his first name ) but stats from last night in a truly ordinary side.

15 disposals at 93% efficiency
Not sure how many of them just chips looking for a way out or kick ins all of them seem to be within 30 metres of goal?

Did stay out there for 100% of the game so maybe has a reasonable tank?

1 tackle 3 score involvements

7 contested possessions
7 uncontested

8 intercept possessions

He reads as a half decent pickup. Not sure what the deal looks like that gets him here though?
For all the talk he is not a KPD, he is 195cm too. He may not play tall now but neither did McKenzie when we got him.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we want to create a true dynasty team trading Wines should be our first priority. If the crows paid two firsts for a 28 year old Bryce Gibbs we could get something similar for a 28 year old Brownlow medalist.

Ok so two firsts. Let’s say two picks in the teens for Wines. We would have to convince him to go, find someone to take him. They would have to work that trade.

We would lose:
  • our vice or captain
  • a reliable and tough player, who is the grunt to the class of JHF, Rozee and Butters
  • a great deal of experience, knowledge and ability + footy intel
  • alter club dynamics
  • would need to replace him - with?
  • what if he rehabs his knee and comes good and gets to a consistent level again

We would get:
  • two picks in a draft where 6-7 of the best players are tied to clubs
  • draft picks aren’t certain, look at Josh Sinn or Dylan Williams
  • maybe we lose an expensive player who is on the downhill slope due to a dodgey knee

When the dogs came for Lobbe or the Dons for Hartlett - those are deals we should have done. Wines isn’t in that category.

Bombers; They’re right in the mix for key defender Ben McKay, while they’ve also been linked to St Kilda free agent Jade Gresham and Port Adelaide forward Orazio Fantasia.

Like all draft discussions it is absolute hypotheticals. It’s a silly exercise

You draft a player because you think he will be a jet.

If we knew Picket would be 2023 picket we draft him.

I think we did ok as you said. Didn’t knock it out of the park but not exactly groom for McLeod either

Draft revisionism is funny

If I knew Bitcoin was going to be so good I’d have bought 100

Said literally everyone

I’m not talking about revising a draft, I’m talking about how we had the upper hand in a trade for once and instead folded to the club that was all in for a contracted player and we downgraded our first round pick for the honour of trading said contracted player to them.

As I said, we should have asked for pick 12 straight up and could have had 2 of pickett day Bergman.

Whether we would have rated pickett high enough to take him is irrelevant.

Ok so two firsts. Let’s say two picks in the teens for Wines. We would have to convince him to go, find someone to take him. They would have to work that trade.

We would lose:
  • our vice or captain
  • a reliable and tough player, who is the grunt to the class of JHF, Rozee and Butters
  • a great deal of experience, knowledge and ability + footy intel
  • alter club dynamics
  • would need to replace him - with?
  • what if he rehabs his knee and comes good and gets to a consistent level again

We would get:
  • two picks in a draft where 6-7 of the best players are tied to clubs
  • draft picks aren’t certain, look at Josh Sinn or Dylan Williams
  • maybe we lose an expensive player who is on the downhill slope due to a dodgey knee

When the dogs came for Lobbe or the Dons for Hartlett - those are deals we should have done. Wines isn’t in that category.
First I'd hope for a top ten pick and a pick in the teens or future first. He's from Melbourne and I can think of three clubs desperate for a player like Wines.

I'd like to see a complete overhaul of our leadership group Houston captain, butters vice SPP and Rozee.

He's currently out highest paid player and he's going to be fourth or fifth picked in his position. I'd prefer to keep adding class instead of grunt the game is getting faster and Wines isn't particularly fast of body or mind.

Players leave clubs every year they keep on keeping on, plus we have a culture that's well ingrained in the playing group and won't alter with the loss of a couple of players.

There's a ton of players to replace wines and Boak. Jackson, Bergman, Narkle, Burgoyne, Sinn, SPP and Houston and that's without considering that it gives us an opportunity to draft and trade a new midfielder.

If you can replace ageing players with two high picks you do that every time, even if one busts you're still getting a potential 15 years out of them instead of letting there worth become nothing. This is how clubs become like North Melbourne and West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howard got offered a huge deal that we wouldnt match. He told the club if we wouldnt match he’d request a trade. We wouldnt. He did.

I think hes shown at St Kilda he wasnt worth what they are paying him.

Not to mention, i’d say getting Bergman and Williams for him and Ryder has worked out pretty good
We also gave up pick 12 (Kozzie Pickett)

Zerk is a bit better than his stats read. Won't ever be an A - grade talent but the talk on our board reads well that he is like Ted Richards from yesteryear. A perennial b grade player who left us to get better. He ended up at Sydney in a great system and won a premiership IIRC.

Zerk is a decent interceptor and reads almost identically statistically as Ben McKay (holy meatballs, just looked it up. And we want BM ****!)

As a 25 y.o established key position player, I don't think a pick between 25 - 40 is out of the question. That would be left up to the Port team

If not, I wouldn't be opposed to asking the question of Mitch Georgiades, Sam Hayes + change, Ollie Wines + change or even BZT + something for Dursma who seems a perennially injured and unfulfilled talent.

Good luck for the finals guys

Zerk is a bit better than his stats read. Won't ever be an A - grade talent but the talk on our board reads well that he is like Ted Richards from yesteryear. A perennial b grade player who left us to get better. He ended up at Sydney in a great system and won a premiership IIRC.

Zerk is a decent interceptor and reads almost identically statistically as Ben McKay (holy meatballs, just looked it up. And we want BM ****!)

As a 25 y.o established key position player, I don't think a pick between 25 - 40 is out of the question. That would be left up to the Port team

If not, I wouldn't be opposed to asking the question of Mitch Georgiades, Sam Hayes + change, Ollie Wines + change or even BZT + something for Dursma who seems a perennially injured and unfulfilled talent.

Ollie Wines + change…… LOL

Did you seriously suggest that we would have to trade more than our 29 year old Brownlow medalist for BZF 😂

To get Ollie (our probable captain in 2024) it would cost you guys more than you could afford

Did you seriously suggest that we would have to trade more than our 29 year old Brownlow medalist for BZF 😂

To get Ollie (our probable captain in 2024) it would cost you guys more than you could afford
is he still captain? genuinely didn't realise that. To be fair, I meant BZT + change for Ollie

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back