Lloyd done hammy again?

Remove this Banner Ad

You could play Johns up at the Forward pocket with Lloyd, but Lloyd would probably be first prefference wouldn't he. Johns would be wanting to get the ball when it comes up forward and will probably get in the way of Lloyds path most the time.

I've realised that when Johns is our first preferenced guy up forward he has a really good game and he's unstoppable so to speak. I'd probably agree with GOLDEN BOY with this one and leave Johns out of the side but its just too hard to leave an almost fully developed player like johns out of our forward line, he could always play up at the half forward flank but usually we save that spot for up and coming players, Unless theres some sort of rotation policy in the forward line, I would have no Idea what to do with Johns apart from waiting till Lloyd retires and Johns can take over?
I know this will hurt alot of people but Matthew Lloyd is not the Lloyd of 1998-2001 and 2003, he is a good solid player who'll kick you 60 goals a year at max. whereas we have Johns, 24, with the capabilities of becoming a lloyd-like player. He's got decent pace espesc. off the mark and it seems as though he's improved his kicking (still nowhere near Lloyd's standard though).

Matthew Lloyd is 30 remember and it's not like he's the only capable leader out there.

I believe that there is a better leader there at the moment. Mark McVeigh:thumbsu:

We might as well trade Johns if Lloyd is still there. The combination of a fully-fit Neagle with Johns and Gumbleton and perhaps a Natanui (perhaps lookin to far maybe?) is definitely an interesting prospect.

Also to Monfries, I was really talking about the team as a whole. That's why I raised the amount of 'solid' players we have, there's enough of em'. But we don't have a midfielder with fantastic skills, good endurance, brave, reasonably quick, popular and a goal-kicker. He's got the body now too, I was just disappionted to hear that he didn't at least have flashes of brilliance and from what's been written Knights did play him in the midfield for the majority?

We might as well trade Johns if Lloyd is still there. The combination of a fully-fit Neagle with Johns and Gumbleton and perhaps a Natanui (perhaps lookin to far maybe?) is definitely an interesting prospect.

Natanui. From all reports this kid is an out and out number one pick. No Essendon trade is going to secure that. Your forward thinking has us with the spoon. Not very forward.

To any punter that attended the game.

What do you think the coaches learnt by belting the B side. They got what they expect, what did they learn

Natanui. From all reports this kid is an out and out number one pick. No Essendon trade is going to secure that. Your forward thinking has us with the spoon. Not very forward.

To any punter that attended the game.

What do you think the coaches learnt by belting the B side. They got what they expect, what did they learn

If we did win the sppon, I'd hope we'd pick Daniel Rich, instead of a poor man's Paddy Ryder.

I know this will hurt alot of people but Matthew Lloyd is not the Lloyd of 1998-2001 and 2003, he is a good solid player who'll kick you 60 goals a year at max. whereas we have Johns, 24, with the capabilities of becoming a lloyd-like player. He's got decent pace espesc. off the mark and it seems as though he's improved his kicking (still nowhere near Lloyd's standard though).

Matthew Lloyd is 30 remember and it's not like he's the only capable leader out there.

I believe that there is a better leader there at the moment. Mark McVeigh:thumbsu:

Also to Monfries, I was really talking about the team as a whole. That's why I raised the amount of 'solid' players we have, there's enough of em'. But we don't have a midfielder with fantastic skills, good endurance, brave, reasonably quick, popular and a goal-kicker. He's got the body now too, I was just disappionted to hear that he didn't at least have flashes of brilliance and from what's been written Knights did play him in the midfield for the majority?
He had a year where he only hit his straps in the last month and he kicked 62 in 19 games. Lloyd is capable of kicking 75 in a year, realistically.

To tell you the truth, I dont see any value on speculating how a first round draft pick 2008 is going to slot into EFC forward line, after the first intra club game 2008.
yeh.....good point.

I've jumped the gun but I just wanted to make a point that's all.

Perhaps its more out of anxiety that the footy's back:D

Thanks Sir J and Young Gun for those reports

Jimi was there greater merit in continuing with the schlacking than mixing the teams up. They would have expected a belting so to that extent what do you think was learned from the imbalance set up?

That is a very good question dapto. I actually thought the same thing whilst watching the game and half expected the teams to run out differentely after half time. After listening in one the 3qtr time huddle i think the right decision was made. Both McPhee and Spike addressed the red group (seniors) before the coaches and they were both talking about the structure and the importance of following through with what has been put in place. Campo and Knights spoke after these two but they vboth spoke so quietly so it was too hard to hear. No doubt that the main emphasis yeterday was to practise the structure under match conditions and at the end of the day the score or opposition was somewhat irrelevant. They will now be able to iron out any little peoblems with the structure before the Lions game so all in all i think they did the right thing even if it didn't make for the best spectacle. Spike pointed out that some players were not following the structure they had worked on for so long and that if they do this in the regular season they will be flogged so this alone shows that they have some way to go but i think it was mainly positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a pity we couldnt have got a couple of retired stars to help out the reserves team (reds) and make it more of a match. E.g Hird, Mercuri, Barnes, Heffernan, Bollton etc

That is a very good question dapto. I actually thought the same thing whilst watching the game and half expected the teams to run out differentely after half time. After listening in one the 3qtr time huddle i think the right decision was made. Both McPhee and Spike addressed the red group (seniors) before the coaches and they were both talking about the structure and the importance of following through with what has been put in place. Campo and Knights spoke after these two but they vboth spoke so quietly so it was too hard to hear. No doubt that the main emphasis yeterday was to practise the structure under match conditions and at the end of the day the score or opposition was somewhat irrelevant. They will now be able to iron out any little peoblems with the structure before the Lions game so all in all i think they did the right thing even if it didn't make for the best spectacle. Spike pointed out that some players were not following the structure they had worked on for so long and that if they do this in the regular season they will be flogged so this alone shows that they have some way to go but i think it was mainly positive.

This illustrates that well. I surpose the other way to view it was that it was not a skills sessions nor some democratic exericise in club egality. Set structures and observing them makes good sense.

Let's call in that b/s doctor who gave that oh so accurate prognosis on Judd's carrer ending injury to check out Lloyd, he'd suggest thato he retires right now, just think of the rookie that you could bring in. Who was that "well respected" poster who ran that one with so many of you on board, looking pretty stupid now Judd's on track, Lloyds on his arse.:)

Let's call in that b/s doctor who gave that oh so accurate prognosis on Judd's carrer ending injury to check out Lloyd, he'd suggest thato he retires right now, just think of the rookie that you could bring in. Who was that "well respected" poster who ran that one with so many of you on board, looking pretty stupid now Judd's on track, Lloyds on his arse.:)

Judd has been on a modified training program for over 3 months now, I hope he is "on track". :)

Judd has been on a modified training program for over 3 months now, I hope he is "on track". :)

it's pretty clear that the garbage that came from the Essendon camp from "respected posters" about Judd missing 8-10 games or not playing at all is just so far off the mark that the ball's in our court to lob some back regarding your "injury prone" forward"

it's pretty clear that the garbage that came from the Essendon camp from "respected posters" about Judd missing 8-10 games or not playing at all is just so far off the mark that the ball's in our court to lob some back regarding your "injury prone" forward"
it's pretty clear that the garbage that came from the Essendon camp from "respected posters" about Judd missing 8-10 games or not playing at all is just so far off the mark

Of course it's off the mark as that is not what was said.

the ball's in our court to lob some back regarding your "injury prone" forward"

Not on this board it isn't and we prefer footy to tennis.

Though i'm sure you could get a game of mixed doubles on your board though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd done hammy again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back