Matthew Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

They had four one-on-one contests and Lloyd beat him twice.

Mate you need to get a life. You couldn't be clutching at any thinner a straw right now. And I guess we don't count the 1v1's where Lloyd couldn't even manouvre his opponent to get near the ball right?

The offering up of excuses for poor performances by forwards these days is pitiful.

Lloyd never beat him in 2 1v1's either, the one he did... was in the middle of the ground (and it was lucky to be paid a mark) :p I thought Lloyd played FF? :confused:

Mate you need to get a life. You couldn't be clutching at any thinner a straw right now. And I guess we don't count the 1v1's where Lloyd couldn't even manouvre his opponent to get near the ball right?

The offering up of excuses for poor performances by forwards these days is pitiful.

Lloyd never beat him in 2 1v1's either, the one he did... was in the middle of the ground (and it was lucky to be paid a mark) :p I thought Lloyd played FF? :confused:

Well you have proven how little you know. Lloyd has been playing at least half of his game time up the ground for over a year now. It's so that Neagle can get his chance at full forward. You know Neagle? The bloke who made Hawkins look like a big waste of space at the other end?

Would it be fair to say that our midfield got smacked? For most of the first half the ball never got anywhere near our forward line.

He has managed to kick a lot of goals over the last five years with extremely dodgy midfield delivery.

i guess the 20 inside 50's for 3 quarters goes unnoticed, and it's just another chance to whack lloyd.

of those 20 inside 50's, i'd say half were extremely poor delivery, due to massive geelong real / perceived pressure.

i'd like to see any full forward do well under those circumstances

Well you have proven how little you know. Lloyd has been playing at least half of his game time up the ground for over a year now. It's so that Neagle can get his chance at full forward. You know Neagle? The bloke who made Hawkins look like a big waste of space at the other end?

Only caught the last quarter - is that the same Neagle that it was kicked to with no one around him and the ball went straight through his hand. Yeah he is going to be a gem!!

Only caught the last quarter - is that the same Neagle that it was kicked to with no one around him and the ball went straight through his hand. Yeah he is going to be a gem!!

You must be extremely talented to be able to judge a guy's career over one incident......

Very clever. clap, clap, clap.

lol Neagles main assets are his strong hands, his kicking and his body strength but feel free to think he is ordinary because he dropped one mark. :eek:

Would it be fair to say that our midfield got smacked? For most of the first half the ball never got anywhere near our forward line.

This will sound a tad silly but I watched it on tv.

The ball went forward and Lloyd and Scarlo came running out for the ball. I turned to my wife and said "shows how dominant the midfield has been, I had forgotten those 2 were playing"

Not being silly there, I had.

Can't judge Lloyd on that.

And by the way. If I had to choose 2 blokes from the past 20 years to kick a goal for my life, I'd have trouble splitting plugger and Lloyd.

If the kick had to be a left footed drop kick over the shoulder and uphill from the boundary, I'd choose gaz snr :p

This will sound a tad silly but I watched it on tv.

The ball went forward and Lloyd and Scarlo came running out for the ball. I turned to my wife and said "shows how dominant the midfield has been, I had forgotten those 2 were playing"

Not being silly there, I had.

Can't judge Lloyd on that.

And by the way. If I had to choose 2 blokes from the past 20 years to kick a goal for my life, I'd have trouble splitting plugger and Lloyd.

If the kick had to be a left footed drop kick over the shoulder and uphill from the boundary, I'd choose gaz snr :p

I had the same thought a couple of times. They both would have been pretty clean after the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you watch the game? he hardly went inside the forward 50 you peasant.

Let me get this right.
Last week Lloyd was pitiful with only a couple of kicks, but that was ONLY because the ball never went in their forward 50 enough.
This week Lloyd was average again, but that's only because the ball was in Essendon's forward 50 too much, and Lloyd hardly even went inside the forward 50 so again it wasn't his fault.
I love Essendon logic :D:thumbsu:

Most of Lloyds possesions were further up the ground, however he was inside 50 for a long time against Adelaide - the disposal toward him and the fact he was getting double teamed the whole time didn't help his cause.

Let me get this right.
Last week Lloyd was pitiful with only a couple of kicks, but that was ONLY because the ball never went in their forward 50 enough.
This week Lloyd was average again, but that's only because the ball was in Essendon's forward 50 too much, and Lloyd hardly even went inside the forward 50 so again it wasn't his fault.
I love Essendon logic :D:thumbsu:

Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough already? You have absolutely zero credibility. And you're 33 aren't u? I almost feel sorry for you.

Most of Lloyds possesions were further up the ground, however he was inside 50 for a long time against Adelaide - the disposal toward him and the fact he was getting double teamed the whole time didn't help his cause.

He didn't get double teamed, he just gotten beaten fair and square against Bock.

If Lloyd can only contribute one good game every 3 or 4 games, then he should retire this year.
Or at least hand down the captaincy and play 1 more year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back