Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

By my count he has handed out milestone matches to players that would be the worst in each respective category

Worst ever AFC player to reach 50 games - Ned McHenry
Worst ever AFC player to reach 100 games - Lachlan Murphy

Second worst ever AFC player to reach 100 games - Rory Atkins
Third worst ever AFC player to reach 100 games - Jake Kelly
Fourth worst ever AFC player to reach 100 games - Reilly O'Brien

(It's probably a bit harsh but Brodie Smith is also our worst 250 game player)

This list of average CBAs per game is extremely funny (**** Nicks)

1718547929918.png

Nicks has given more midfield time per game to Ronin O'Connor, Jackson Hately and Myles Poholke than to Josh Rachele, Izak Rankine and Luke Pedlar

Rory Atkins was given more midfield time per game than Luke Pedlar

Only one new player during Nicks reign has managed half the center bounce midfield time per game of Laird (that's Berry)

Rachele, Rankine and Pedlar haven't even reached one quarter of the average midfield time per game given to Laird

Tyler Brown, who never played again after one appearance, was given more midfield time than Billy Dowling has managed so far

Oh and this

Total CBAs for Hately, O'Connor, Poholke, T. Brown, Atkins, Gibbs, Stengle, McHenry - 227

Total CBAs for Rachele - 203

Great post, especially this:
He spends 5 years investing in the wrong players and curbing the flair and instincts of the more talented players as he holds these effort guys guys up as the standard and example.

He doesn't understand that talent is god given and you can work on effort and consistency especially when you give your young kids confidence. However it is impossible to develop talent and skills in those who don't possess it.
which encapsulates Nicks' greatest flaw ie his blind faith in underperforming, low-impact seniors (Sloane, Smith, Laird) and his infatuation with try-hard scrappers with underdeveloped skills (eg Murphy, McHenry, Jones, Keays) while failing to encourage and develop raw talents into elite professionals (Curtin, Pedlar, Rachele; I'd even have Stengle in there, all 3 groups non-exhaustive).

Fwiw, I think Nicks sunk to a new, incompetent low by keeping Keane on Amartey, but plenty has been posted about that.

Who actually publicly says that?

Bloke is finished.

It's at the point now where everyone knows he's gone, the players aren't listening, and the decision makers - who just re-signed him - are working out whether they're invisible enough to sack him and stay on, or if they need to start lining up another board to jump on or department to slide in to.

I'd say naming those who support him is a "I dare you" type move.

Hope this hasn't been posted yet

"People feel that things are going badly, tnat there somebody who has to be accountable for it,"

No shit?

Obviously SOMEBODY, ie leadership, should be held accountable for constant failures.

What a stupid comment.

I'd say naming those who support him is a "I dare you" type move.

I do think the media need to ask this question.

'What happened at board level between early January, when the Board said its not a priority and March when Nicks was re-signed?'

The whole thing doesn't add up. If he was considered the man for the job he would have been re-signed at the end of last season.

Here are some follow up questions.

'Was there an internal review held during this time which decided this outcome? if so, who conducted the review, what was the conclusions?'

If the answer is no

'Was there a committee appointed to determine Nicks KPI's and whether he was the best person to take us to the next level? if so, who were they and what were the KPI's?'

If none of the above happened and it was just a vote taken at Board level, who motioned for this to occur and who seconded it? Who voted for it? what were the reasons? Who presented his KPI's as a positive to the board and what were they?'

What did Roo recommend?

This is the very BS that Fagen, Chapman and Co treated us fans with. They do these BS announcements, they go pear shaped, they just do the minimalist PR to appeal to the Happy Clappers, basically begging for their loyalty and accuse everyone else of being negative. They dont explain shit to anyone, not even the media. They just expect us to cop it.

If anyone is from the football club reading this, answer the ****ing questions?

We want to know who?, what?, when?, where? dates, times, KPI's, any data, any review conclusions. What we don't accept from this ****ing board and Silvers is this silent arrogance, and then the 'woe is us' victim mentality. Grow a pair of ****ing balls, own your mistake and **** Nicks off.

Hope this hasn't been posted yet

Sorry what additional context do I need? We haven't won a flag since ****ing 1998 the results speak for themselves.

The people around the club have totally forgotten it's the ****ing Adelaide Football Club not the 'roo/nicks/silvers/olsen Football Club' I've been here since 1991 and I'll be here long after all these idiots have gone.

Sorry what additional context do I need? We haven't won a flag since ****ing 1998 the results speak for themselves.

The people around the club have totally forgotten it's the ****ing Adelaide Football Club not the 'roo/nicks/silvers/olsen Football Club' I've been here since 1991 and I'll be here long after all these idiots have gone.

It feels like some people think they own it.

That's not real

That's just over emotional Crows supporters using AI to fool people into thinking that Nicks' future is being discussed in the Vic media.

It couldn't be further from the truth, they all love Nicks over here and the experts think he's the bestest coach ever!!!

That's not real

That's just over emotional Crows supporters using AI to fool people into thinking that Nicks' future is being discussed in the Vic media.

It couldn't be further from the truth, they all love Nicks over here and the experts think he's the bestest coach ever!!!
You’ve got to give Waynus some credit, he’s digging in “players clearly playing for the coach”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks comments about his personal backing, we’ve got a really good footy club are also throwing the gauntlet to the club, get rid of me and your support was full of shit and you’re a crap club.

Has this ******** once ever this year taken any responsibility for our performances?

The strategy from him seems to be now, if you take me down, I ain’t going alone.

Nicks is Alan Richardson at best, not even close to Hardwick.
Richardson was better than Nicks. Nicks is equivalent to Brendan Bolton and Mark Neeld. At least Carlton had the sense to get rid of Bolton after 3 years and Melbourne shitcanned Mark Neeld after 18months. We have continued with a coach who is just as bad if not worse for 5 years and then extend him for another 2 just to top it off. Clueless.

Back