May banned by Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

May hasn't come off at all well out of this. Sounds like he was being an absolute prick by all reports. Honestly, I'm glad Melksham stood up for his teammates even if it meant coming to blows with May and creating a public spectacle. Much prefer that and the accompanied media storm than everyone suffering in silence and having those kind of attitudes and ugly banter be normalised within the group.
100%this

im 33% deaf, and i cop those sly little humourless jokes all the time, i dont take it anyomre, so that makes me a grumpy old woman, i really hate insults dressed as humour.

Reminds me of Luke "Light & Easy" Hodge drink driving during the finals. Why would you do that?

Pretty sure the Richmond boys were getting into fisticuffs during that funny COVID Cup comp a few years ago, best place for a nice kebab is right outside the strip joint, fk lockdown amirite?

May out on the piss, body-slamming teammates through tables. When you're the reigning AA full back and got a medal around your neck, you can do what you want IMO.
With that attitude, the fall will be messy and toxic. Look forward to it!

i wasnt, i googled it, not sure why it should matter though.

so what about what was reported yesterday, about Melksham sticking up for another player that may was taking pot shots at?
sounds like May is a person who shouldnt drink in company, there is no excuse for belittling people like that, its not funny, shit like that always has some truth to it in the eyes of the person using "its a joke" to cover a direct insult. nothing shits me more and i call it out everytime. my husband included!

A poster was asserting black people were getting harsher penalties than white people and using May getting off quite lightly as an example.

May clearly has problems with managing his behaviour while drinking, and even before that point by deciding to drink when in concussion protocols.

May clearly has problems with managing his behaviour while drinking, and even before that point by deciding to drink when in concussion protocols.

Some people can handle smack talk, some people can't and then there's others that get offended by the clouds moving.

Working environments shouldn't be the place to test out who is what, being at work talking smack about someone's football team or at a private dinner talking about someone's work performance!

Saying that, I don't think May is a different person on or off the turps, maybe a little louder, but I think the people around him voice their feelings a lot easier when they get on it!

A poster was asserting black people were getting harsher penalties than white people and using May getting off quite lightly as an example.

thanks for the reply. and yes i agree with you, he clearly believes his own hero status!! cheers

Some people can handle smack talk, some people can't and then there's others that get offended by the clouds moving.

Working environments shouldn't be the place to test out who is what, being at work talking smack about someone's football team or at a private dinner talking about someone's work performance!

Saying that, I don't think May is a different person on or off the turps, maybe a little louder, but I think the people around him voice their feelings a lot easier when they get on it!
you know what, it doesnt matter where you are, or who you are, or what the circumstances, I mean sure if your playing you might sledge a little about your oposing players football whoopsees, but making snide remarks about your own team mates and using humour or i was drunk to cover it is not acceptable. have you ever been left out of a grand final? at any level, let alone the premier league? after so many years of good service, only for a young buck to come in on a mega contract and take a pot shot at you for it? you dont think not playing isnt enough pain to last for life? and just what does May get by his comments? does his dick grow an inch? smack talk like this is just another word for bullying, or in man talk just being a c&*t for the sake of it. cheap laughs from the guys at someones painful expense, i really hate that. and yes actually i can take a joke and i am fun at parties, but i dont like it when the jokes get personal. firstly others had a crack at the guy who organised the event, wow, thats just lovely! what a bunch of arseholes. but then i remember being at the G at a labour day match, Toovey got injured and they got the stretcher out and your lovely fans were chanting "toovey cant moovey"! yeah, real ****ing classy. I was barracking very hard for you guys in the grand final, hate the dogs for a start, but hey 33 years we waited!! all hubbies family are dog fans of the worst kind, my hubby hates footy but is still an arse about it, i saw May and some players having a kick when i was waiting for the pies to train late last year, took a couple of shots of them, (im a photographer) and almost went and said congrats!

you wont get this though, and you can ask Taylor swift why!

New details reported on Channel Nine say there was "significant damage" in the restaurant.

Had to see it for myself, it definitely wasn't just the reception desk. The whole of Greville St looks a little bit different since those pesky Dees did wrestling there.
publishable.jpg

you know what, it doesnt matter where you are, or who you are, or what the circumstances, I mean sure if your playing you might sledge a little about your oposing players football whoopsees, but making snide remarks about your own team mates and using humour or i was drunk to cover it is not acceptable. have you ever been left out of a grand final? at any level, let alone the premier league? after so many years of good service, only for a young buck to come in on a mega contract and take a pot shot at you for it? you dont think not playing isnt enough pain to last for life? and just what does May get by his comments? does his dick grow an inch? smack talk like this is just another word for bullying, or in man talk just being a c&t for the sake of it. cheap laughs from the guys at someones painful expense, i really hate that. and yes actually i can take a joke and i am fun at parties, but i dont like it when the jokes get personal. firstly others had a crack at the guy who organised the event, wow, thats just lovely! what a bunch of arseholes. but then i remember being at the G at a labour day match, Toovey got injured and they got the stretcher out and your lovely fans were chanting "toovey cant moovey"! yeah, real ****** classy. I was barracking very hard for you guys in the grand final, hate the dogs for a start, but hey 33 years we waited!! all hubbies family are dog fans of the worst kind, my hubby hates footy but is still an arse about it, i saw May and some players having a kick when i was waiting for the pies to train late last year, took a couple of shots of them, (im a photographer) and almost went and said congrats!

you wont get this though, and you can ask Taylor swift why!

Screenshot_20220610-100252_Samsung Internet.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Culture killing stuff.

Melbourne are playing ordinary footy, their fans aren't rocking up to games and their senior players are punching on.

Interesting to see how their meathead coach handles the second half of the year.

The AFL is totally at fault here.

They should be providing far more support services to unsuccessful clubs once they get to experience that high.

The Melbourne Football Club is not to blame. Give a 2 year old a Kinder Surprise and they will choke on the toy.

Does anyone believe Melksham is having surgery for an "infection"?

Infections do not get that serious that fast do they?
possibly if he got cut on one of Mays teeth. I collided with someone when I was playing basketball once, her mouth hit my shoulder and the cut on my shoulder got infected. No surgery but still pretty bad infection

More likely he broke his hand.

Would an infection really get so bad you have surgery within 2/3 days of the (presume) cut?

Edit: I have zero medical knowledge so I have no idea but it seems far fetched.
Nah this is often the case of bites (typically dog bites) that need a "wash-out" under anaesthetic. This is a thorough clean with saline, and looking at structures (muscle, tendon, bone) by orthopaedic doctors to ensure that further surgery is not required.

Repeat wash-out's can be required after a short interval if there are ongoing concerns for infection. It is likely if Melk's hand had a nasty puncture or tear as a result of damage from teeth that he would need one of these. He is most definitely getting antibiotics in the meantime, but given the volume of bacteria in a mouth these wash-outs are often needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

May banned by Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back