May banned by Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of saying there's deeper issues because it's just 1 stupid incident but pretty clearly May needs to pull his head in. Nathan Jones comments were telling. It's not really just banter to insult someone about an extremely disappointing aspect of their career, and good on Melksham for telling him to pull his head in (and then doing it for him).

So out with concussion again?

giphy.gif
Port's doctor says no!

Something's not right with this incident? A bit of banter with a "friend" turns ugly and a fair dinkum fist fight erupts, spilling out into the street? Concussion protocols were not only adhered to by May, but ignored by other players who failed to mention that at the time before he got his first drink? Has Melksham got a broken hand out of it all? It would take a pretty good wack to do that. This will all blow over, May is too important for the Demons to do anything rash mid-season. Monday will be very interesting?
His first drink was at Marvel, the boxing.

See I knew Dees players were arrogant. It’s so bad that they bag their own teammates. When May returns he’ll be a liability to the team like Carey was with his scandal. Dees are finished.
Can’t see how May, no matter how important or good he is for Melbourne, is going to continue playing. The dressing rooms would be awkward. Wouldn’t want to even have May on your team with those words being said
Wouldn’t be surprised if Melbourne could trade May, worst come to worst

Can’t see how May, no matter how important or good he is for Melbourne, is going to continue playing. The dressing rooms would be awkward. Wouldn’t want to even have May on your team with those words being said
Wouldn’t be surprised if Melbourne could trade May, worst come to worst

He is far too good to cut ties with.
Geelong had similar issues with Matthew Scarlett throughout his career. Never one to be known as a role model for younger players but his off field antics were accepted because he was probably the single most important player to our premiership side.

If that is all that May has allegedly said "we lose if you play" it's hardly worthy of being traded. May has 2 more years of All Australian football left in him. They will have to work through this situation and this is where Choco Williams earns his $$$.

May is humbled now, he’ll be fine. I don’t think he’s a bad fella, I just think alcohol isn’t his thing. He probably should get some help.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May is humbled now, he’ll be fine. I don’t think he’s a bad fella, I just think alcohol isn’t his thing. He probably should get some help.
Humbled until the next round of drinks. In goes the drink and out comes the truth! (as in what he believes as truth).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woweee this is culture breaking stuff. Nathan Jones just weighted in saying he's hurt

This will trickle down now if media starts to focus on it and put more light on it

Woweee this is culture breaking stuff. Nathan Jones just weighted in saying he's hurt

This will trickle down now if media starts to focus on it and put more light on it
How does Neville Jetta feel about it? Another former Melbourne player from 2021 who didn’t play in the premiership and has no role at the club in 2022. What about Austin Bradtke? Or Jay Lockhart?

All these former players who aren’t at the club will have a massive impact on the current playing group, no doubt.

If the current players still have a problem with it, then it could fester. A culture so fragile that what the media says will break it is not a culture worth having anyway.

Anyone know of the rumours doing the rounds of May having form in this area...Oscar M and Frost?
Form of May tearing strips off team mates who don’t perform or adhere to team structures?

There was a very public one with Frost during st the end of a quarter so I don’t know why that would be a rumour.

One man’s “has high expectations and vocalises it” is another’s “unfairly berates teammates”.

Both Frost and Oscar McDonald got moved on, so the football department agreed they weren’t up to scratch.

Didn't think much of this until Nathan Jones' comments. Jones was one of the top non-Richmond players that I wanted to see win a Premiership last year after he endured the crap years of Melbourne. The fact that he was hurt by these alleged comments makes it a bit more significant to me. Jones' thoughts on this made me realise that the insults apparently directed at Melksham and Joel Smith may extend to the other non-Premiership players at the club as well.

Whether this impacts Melbourne's Premiership credentials this year remains to be seen (they're still very awesome at playing footy), but it could have a lasting impact on the relationship between May and some of the non-Premiership players at Melbourne that took offence.

Anyone know of the rumours doing the rounds of May having form in this area...Oscar M and Frost?

Geez, how many times does this bloke want to get knocked out?

Geez, how many times does this bloke want to get knocked out?
Ol' Frosty would take a swing and manage to punch himself in the face somehow.

Remove this Banner Ad

May banned by Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back