McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

IF the rumours are true, this is our Cam McCarthy moment in time.

I'd rather us put a line in the sand and keep him out of the game for a year then bend over again and be held to ransom by a guy with very little runs on the board.

Enough is enough. We are not Carlton or GWS. We don't exist to make other clubs stronger.

Our Cam McCarthy moment? GWS should have taken the 2 first round picks offered

If Himmelberg is a 1st rounder I can live with that

Just means Gov is an even earlier 1st rounder

All depends what on what happens this season

If Gov kicks 40 and Himmelberg can't break into the side as Haynes is basically playing his role then Gov is worth more than Himmelberg

Haynes is never going to play Himmelberg's role. Haynes is mobile flanker, Himmelberg CHB

Haynes is never going to play Himmelberg's role. Haynes is mobile flanker, Himmelberg CHB
Himmelberg is a mobile type as well . He's not going to play the Phil Davis role at this stage but could eventually

He was playing the Haynes role before Haynes came back from injury

Agree he can develop into true KP , but he's more Lever than Talia as an example

Crows see him as a forward , I spoke to someone at club about him last year

McCarthy was still on contract though, doesn't carry the same currency. If he continues to improve this year, kicks straight, becomes more consistent, we would be more like the Gunston position all over again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

McCarthy was still on contract though, doesn't carry the same currency. If he continues to improve this year, kicks straight, becomes more consistent, we would be more like the Gunston position all over again.

We can't buckle in the same way this time . If gov improves on last season that's 2 full seasons of very good AFL footy for a young 191cm forward and should command plenty at trade table

Perth sides don't have a great record on getting traded done for potential stars either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't buckle in the same way this time . If gov improves on last season that's 2 full seasons of very good AFL footy for a young 191cm forward and should command plenty at trade table

Perth sides don't have a great record on getting traded done for potential stars either

We definately should command plenty, a hell of a lot more than Gunston. There's talk the PSD will he scraped this year which would cause fair trades to occur. PSD is the only way a player can leave a club a be picked up on their set salary isn't it?

Himmelberg is a mobile type as well . He's not going to play the Phil Davis role at this stage but could eventually

He was playing the Haynes role before Haynes came back from injury

Agree he can develop into true KP , but he's more Lever than Talia as an example

Crows see him as a forward , I spoke to someone at club about him last year

In the games he played in 2016, Haynes was in the team too

And will be for the next however long. It's a fact of life with free agency and recruiting kids from other states. People really just need to harden up. We'll win some and lose some. Swings and round abouts.
The good clubs - which presumably we aspire to be - will win more than they lose

Edit - or more specifically, will win more than their competitors

In the games he played in 2016, Haynes was in the team too
And in those games, I remember someone saying he played as a KPF

H Himmelberg that is
Himmelberg played forward in U18s as a 19 yo. Mobile and light bodied

He definitely played back in his AFL games and all his NEAFL games last year ... put on some size and grew 3-4cm in 18 months

Crows see him as a forward

HH was always a forward. Alot of young forwards are.put down back to aid their development as forwards.
View attachment 328683
Himmelberg played forward in U18s as a 19 yo. Mobile and light bodied

He definitely played back in his AFL games and all his NEAFL games last year ... put on some size and grew 3-4cm in 18 months

Crows see him as a forward
Fair enough, disregard my memory then :p

What makes you think the Crows think H Himmelberg is a forward, Jeff?

The other thing I heard last year from the same guy is that Dear had told the club he wanted to explore his options and was open to a trade back to Vic if it was possible.
It didnt eventuate but he was looking to go.
Why so many want out I just dont know. Hell, even when Port were at their worst they still has better player retention than us.
They still do.

To be fair, it's a smart move from Dear to be open to move.

It's not like there is much potential to break into our forward line right now, and there may not be for another couple of years if Jenkins doesn't drop like a stone.

To be fair, it's a smart move from Dear to be open to move.

It's not like there is much potential to break into our forward line right now, and there may not be for another couple of years if Jenkins doesn't drop like a stone.
I would hate to see Dear go. Theres a bit to like about him. Last year we were ultra lucky with injuries and didnt have to test our forward depth, at the expense of Dear and Menzel.
Thats not the normal way a season pans out and this year they may well get a gig.
I still think we can improve our forward line by adding Menzel into it and exposing Dear to a game or two.

Back