Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Was more in regards to being liable for damage that happens due to the player hitting the ground.

Kinda like how if a car is broken into, the owner takes no responsibility by making sure its locked, windows up etc?

That's not the case by the way, if a cars unlocked or the windows are down, too bad, got to protect yourself, even if that means getting into a scorching hot car.

Pulling out the plastic or cork inserts from a Coke bottle to reveal the heads and getting pissed off because you got another South Adelaide nobody again - knowing no one at Woodville Primary School would want to trade with you for that shit.

Sticking the bottle top heads on the cardboard folder that Coke distributed as part of the promotion. Not giving a feck about the other clubs, just wanting to fill all the spots on the Port column. Jack Cahill as captain at the top of course.

Yep, I remember FF. We've lost a lot of the local identity of this state as everything has gone national, which is why the history of Port and taking our history to the national stage of the AFL matters.

The cork inserts were a bastard to remove. I scratched a few heads with those.

I remember footy cards (I think) in the old Peters Neapolitan ice cream too.

Kinda like how if a car is broken into, the owner takes no responsibility by making sure its locked, windows up etc?

That's not the case by the way, if a cars unlocked or the windows are down, too bad, got to protect yourself, even if that means getting into a scorching hot car.

All analogies aside, it’s never been clearer that the rules need a serious overhaul or updating if they’re going to weight suspensions on inferences and vibe.

The cork inserts were a bastard to remove. I scratched a few heads with those.

I remember footy cards (I think) in the old Peters Neapolitan ice cream too.

1724290310433.png

Don't get me started on ice cream. As a kid we had 'Amscol Footy Colours' available in all of the 10 SANFL team colours.

A 4" slab of inch thick black and white ice cream loaded with sugar marketed at kids and sold in primary school canteens. Yum. Dentists loved it.

1724290570819.png

Last edited:
View attachment 2087350

Don't get me started on ice cream. As a kid we had 'Amscol Footy Colours' available in all of the 10 SANFL team colours.

A 4" slab of inch thick black and white ice cream loaded with sugar marketed at kids and sold in primary school canteens. Yum. Dentists loved it.

Yes, that's it. I just remembered ice cream. Amscol in footy colours. That was the life!

Yes, that's it. I just remembered ice cream. Amscol in footy colours. That was the life!
The marketing of SANFL clubs, teams and players was everywhere as a kid - even Kellog's Corn Flakes had SANFL player badges in them at one time. And I'm pretty sure not one cent of the proceeds went to the players themselves.

The marketing of SANFL clubs, teams and players was everywhere as a kid - even Kellog's Corn Flakes had SANFL player badges in them at one time. And I'm pretty sure not one cent of the proceeds went to the players themselves.

In packets of Twisties too - footy shaped team badges if I remember correctly. Ah yuck, bloody Sturt!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell, even I'm not old enough to remember half of that stuff!

You have to be very old :D

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

I’d love to know what the monetisation structure was.

As a kid in the 80’s the SANFL was absolutely everywhere.

And it always felt like the league and its clubs had twenty cents to rub together.

That’s a disgrace. Send emails to the club complaining and asking they again lobby the VFL for the clubs history to be appropriately acknowledged.
Let the lad who wrote the Port Adelaide part of the article know that Russell Ebert is Ports goat.
Michael Whiting's twitter account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back