moran for hartigan

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 35 is underselling Moran.
He has shown it at AFL level, he has strung a consistant VFL season together, he is massively athletic, he is 200cm and he is a 21 year old ruckman.

We all know he would have been playing regular footy at the majority of clubs in the AFL this year and he would have most likely put up better numbers than Hamish and Hale did at 21.

Reality is that he is going to be undervalued at the moment, and if he is uncontracted and determined to go - we might have to take 35....but it would piss me off, we are getting ripped off.

But FFS, leave ****ing Hartigan out of it. That just makes the whole thing even harder to swallow. If we take him it is just another grimace in the lead-up to Thursday lotto.

Lower and Adams won their club B&F's while Hartigan got in the best players twice fom his 11 games.

Lower played 13 VFL games got in the best players 9 times, with 4 best ons
Adams played 13 and got in the best 8 times with 5 best ons.

We don't need or want him.

Moran shouldn't be going anywhere, but FFS leave Hartigan out of it.

Was gonna type something but it would have been exactly the same as this....quoting is easier

Gutted if we lose Moran before he shows his true value.

I would much rather trade Moran to Essendon for Bradley then get pick 35 and a utter spud in Hartigan.

Im going to get baked on this I know, but I still think Bradley will be a gun in the years to come and that Essendon have completely mishandled him. Didnt he win the reserves B&F or something at Bendigo this year. He has talent....but he is still young. Bombers supporters have had too high an expectation of him too early on.

In effect you are trading one player who could be a gun for another tall player of similar potential....Would rather that then getting a lottery pick and a dud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Hartigan was a gun before he got injured, may be injury ponre abit but much better than Moran, i would definnitely do a straight swap as we lack good small backs who run off their men. We have alot of talls... Talls that aren't quality and Moran is one of them...

I reckon Hartigan was a gun before he got injured, may be injury ponre abit but much better than Moran, i would definnitely do a straight swap as we lack good small backs who run off their men. We have alot of talls... Talls that aren't quality and Moran is one of them...

Id think in terms of small backs and half back flankers our depth wouldnt be too bad.

Gibbo, Spud, JWS dont mind a run from the backline.

Hartigan has struggled to get a game with the worst performed side in 2007.

Moran is very much a project player who has the characteristics to be an adam goodes type player.

Also I thought we need more Key Position Players.

Id think in terms of small backs and half back flankers our depth wouldnt be too bad.

Gibbo, Spud, JWS dont mind a run from the backline.

Hartigan has struggled to get a game with the worst performed side in 2007.

Moran is very much a project player who has the characteristics to be an adam goodes type player.

Also I thought we need more Key Position Players.

- Gibbo and Spud barely ever run off opponents and they play on talls more often than smalls
- We have alot of talls just not much quality, Moran is one of those who is not quality and never will be in my opinion
- We do need a CHF in which Moran wont ever fill that role

- Gibbo and Spud barely ever run off opponents and they play on talls more often than smalls
- We have alot of talls just not much quality, Moran is one of those who is not quality and never will be in my opinion
- We do need a CHF in which Moran wont ever fill that role

Gibbo and Spud are forced to play on taller opponents because of the lack of key backman.

Spud went on many runs in 2007 and 1 of the many was highlighted when he scored against the cats in the QF. Also seen JWS and Pratty go for runs down the guts. It all came down to the mindset in the finals. We werent as condfident with our disposal.

I just feel with the ruck shortage in the AFL, he could get us a better deal than brent hartigan.

Im pretty confident that if the club turned to him and said here is a two year deal, sign it, he would.

There's a lot of rumour about him wanting out, but unlike other players, very little offial word.

Also is never mentioned in the stories relating to tradable ruckmen.

One thing is for sure, the day he left and did a photo op in a Richmond jumper, half this board would revert to the '**** him, he wasn't a North person or any good anyway'.

The thing with Moran is i doubt he has played 100 matches of any form of aussie rules football so he is very much a project player.

I think him being frustrated about not getting in the 1s could be a positive and if he is determined to improve his game, this would be favourable for him and the club.

He has all the physical characteristics and with a bit of luck can be a very handy player for the NMFC.

Hartigan is a hack, its as simple as that.

To suggest that this is a good trade is an absolute joke.

Again, it's not a good trade for you because he is out of contract and having pick 1 in the PSD gives us leverage to get him for less than market value. I can not stress this enough.

we dont want him

for moran i was thinking

Brown+Moran+4th Rounder to brissy
Breenan + Selwood to Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

moran for hartigan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back