moran for hartigan

Remove this Banner Ad

Option #2, Not even guarenteed a spot over Wallace's love child Pattison,

What do you mean by love child, Spitz?

Edit; beaten.

Or the Aaron Fiora Board ;)

Which has since morphed into the Troy Simmonds board. Good result all round, really.

We didnt pick him up in the PSD and we havnt Won the spoon in a looooong time

Obviously know your footy :thumbsu:

But you DID trade for a hack AND gave up significantly more that we've done for any other player of similar quality. Hell, Patrick Bowden was traded for pick 54 or something and he's a better prospect than Hay ever was. Perhaps I should've edited Horace the Menace's post to indicate what I was talking about.

And we didn't trade for Knobel either, he was PSD too. Sorry for misleading you.

Anyway, Moran for Hartigan eh? Cheers Roos.

Cant have Moran and Pattison in the same side.

Why not?

What if Simmonds goes down again? Would we just ruck one of the two? :rolleyes:

If..

What if he doesnt?? Moran will be 3rd ruckmen

Exactly, why risk going to the wooden spoon side and being pigeon holed in exactly the same position?

Moran is no doubt a better prospect/player than Pattison, but from the outside in, Wallace seems to have his favourites, and Pattison seems like one of them.

Which has since morphed into the Troy Simmonds board. Good result all round, really.

But you DID trade for a hack AND gave up significantly more that we've done for any other player of similar quality. Hell, Patrick Bowden was traded for pick 54 or something and he's a better prospect than Hay ever was. Perhaps I should've edited Horace the Menace's post to indicate what I was talking about.

And we didn't trade for Knobel either, he was PSD too. Sorry for misleading you.

Anyway, Moran for Hartigan eh? Cheers Roos.
Well mate you're the one who is telling us how clever you are in this trading business to ensure that you keep pick 1 in the PSD. I was just wishing you all the best for a further crack at that strategy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question now...I've heard Moran could play a CHB or any kind of defensive role. Is this true? And if so, how did he go in that position?

Not really, seems uncomfortable. Used best as ruckmen or winger, alot like an Adam Goodes

Serious question now...I've heard Moran could play a CHB or any kind of defensive role. Is this true? And if so, how did he go in that position?

Done very well in the VFL as a FB/CHB swapping in the ruck. Is a little awkward though.

IMO he is more of a ruckman, but at a young age, he could turn into anything.

From memory he played a FB role on Lynch against WC, in his only game of the year.

Moran goes into the PSD on a 'promise' from Wallet and Miller. Then someone like Judd or Brock McLean goes into the PSD and Richmond has first pick.

Watch Wallet and Miller BS their way out of that promise, leaving Moran high and dry.

Moran goes into the PSD on a 'promise' from Wallet and Miller. Then someone like Judd or Brock McLean goes into the PSD and Richmond has first pick.

Watch Wallet and Miller BS their way out of that promise, leaving Moran high and dry.[/quote]

Brad might want to give Joel Perry a ring and discuss some career advice before getting too deep into bed with the Tigs.

Done very well in the VFL as a FB/CHB swapping in the ruck. Is a little awkward though.

IMO he is more of a ruckman, but at a young age, he could turn into anything.

From memory he played a FB role on Lynch against WC, in his only game of the year.

He actually played on Staker and held him to 5 possessions. Nobody remembers :p

Exactly, why risk going to the wooden spoon side and being pigeon holed in exactly the same position?

Moran is no doubt a better prospect/player than Pattison, but from the outside in, Wallace seems to have his favourites, and Pattison seems like one of them.

Moran will have every chance to prove himself though. As you said, it's from the outside in, which means it's complete guess work. Pattison is called a favourite of Wallace's because he played so much last year? Perhaps that was more because of all the injuries to ruckmen that we had.

Also remember that Simmonds is coming back from a very serious blood clot and will have an extended non-contact period so there will be a big opportunity for someone like Moran to establish himself early.

When is Laidley or Harrington or Stibbard or whoever going to stop doing this (Picioane, M.Stevens) and realise that very few have turned a boiled lollie into a Newmans dark? FFS, there's a reason these blokes aren't rated and rotting away in the two's. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

moran for hartigan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back