moran for hartigan

Remove this Banner Ad

It's often been suggested on here - although it seems to have less to do with any sign he can play like Goodes, than that no-one knows what to do with him. I'd also argue with the suggestion he's be a walkup in any other team.

If we lose him AND the Goodes thing comes off with another team we'll all be extremely upset. But it's a long shot both of those things will happen. With any club, he'll be the same as he is now with us - a very big kid, who has shown some promise, but who is still learning the game and has relatively little experience to draw on to seize any position on the ground and make it his own.

Moran is mobile but he's no Adam Goodes. Goodes is very quick, very fit, has played footy all his life (I'm guessing) and was an excellent player in the TAC.

I've always contended that a better comparison is between Moran and Jim Stynes- both new to the game, both mobile, both tall, both learning on the job.

We should try Moran as a mobile ruckman in the Stynes mould. He's not fast enough to play on the wing but he's fast enough to outpace the bigger, slower ruckmen in the AFL. For example Hamish takes the tap and drifts forward. Moran goes on the ball and follows the play the play. Hamish causes chaos deep in the opposition defence by taking big marks and slotting goals whilst he is 'resting'. Worth a try.

My understanding is Moran is uncontracted. I have no doubt that Miller has been working hard to convince him he will get plenty of opportunity at Richmond and as such to nominate us as his preferred club. With the threat of PSD looming, we are then able to trade for him at well below market value, hence 35 + Hartigan.

Moran is mobile but he's no Adam Goodes. Goodes is very quick, very fit, has played footy all his life (I'm guessing) and was an excellent player in the TAC.

I've always contended that a better comparison is between Moran and Jim Stynes- both new to the game, both mobile, both tall, both learning on the job.

We should try Moran as a mobile ruckman in the Stynes mould. He's not fast enough to play on the wing but he's fast enough to outpace the bigger, slower ruckmen in the AFL. For example Hamish takes the tap and drifts forward. Moran goes on the ball and follows the play the play. Hamish causes chaos deep in the opposition defence by taking big marks and slotting goals whilst he is 'resting'. Worth a try.
My thinking exactly Mr. Reliable. I suggested in a post last year that he reminded me very much of Jim Stynes and that would be the way I would be trying to develop him.

He may never make it, but then again he might and I just think it is too early to entertain a trade.

Did Moran fans not see him play seniors this year.....

He was a complete fish out of water.....

Alot of guys get to a point and stop improving.....Moran is one of these...

Offload him now and get whatever you can IMO.....

Time to play hard ball, go after their priority, early second rounder.

Moran is a better ruckman than Hamish was at the end of his 3rd year. By a fair margin.

Let's think on that for a second.

Exactly. Look at Cox when he was 21. Big men take time, and getting rid of Moran now over a bloke who will probably be delisted and we can grab in the PSD, and a speculative pick, would just be ridiculous.

Yeah, the bloke is a ruckman. He has been developed as a ruckman and will play at the top level as a ruckman. Why try to develop a 200cm midfielder when he can ruck aswell?

hartdigan is a nothing player, what is he 23 or 24, inside mid, who we have plenty of. Moran on the other hand is 200cm tall, quickker than hardigan and has more upside, no way will i like this trade

1) Had injury problems not only this year but last year too. Last wear was a broken foot though, so it's not like he has a history of soft tissue injuries.

2) 22 years old

3) Has played back, midfield and forward.

Did Moran fans not see him play seniors this year.....

He was a complete fish out of water.....

Alot of guys get to a point and stop improving.....Moran is one of these...

Offload him now and get whatever you can IMO.....

He played what 1 game and it was against West Coast at the end of the year, then didnt get another opportunity. What would you expect?

He showed real promise towards the end of last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't play hardball if he's out of contract and wants to come to Richmond.

What a load of crap, would re-sign before going in the PSD.

I'd rather just take pick 35 and no Hartigan. Or better still trade hartigan for a late pick.

I don't like getting picioane's, green's, stevens' etc etc.

We have sansbury for that role.

My understanding is Moran is uncontracted. I have no doubt that Miller has been working hard to convince him he will get plenty of opportunity at Richmond and as such to nominate us as his preferred club. With the threat of PSD looming, we are then able to trade for him at well below market value, hence 35 + Hartigan.

Depends if there is no one else you wish to use that PSD pick for, Judd maybe?

A bloke called Joel Perry beleived the Richmond hype last year and look where it got his career, the SANFL I believe.

If Moran is prepared to take his chances in the PSD, I hope he is prepared to play at another club than Richmond if they back out.

Depends if there is no one else you wish to use that PSD pick for, Judd maybe?

A bloke called Joel Perry beleived the Richmond hype last year and look where it got his career, the SANFL I believe.

If Moran is prepared to take his chances in the PSD, I hope he is prepared to play at another club than Richmond if they back out.

That's the whole point though, we will trade for him on the cheap with you now so that:

1. you don't lose him for nothing, even though it is below market value and;
2. we still have our PSD pick available to use on someone else.

It's the same way a couple of years ago that we got Simmonds cheaply from Freo, because he was out of contract and we had the first PSD pick. They either had to trade on our terms, or lose him for nothing. We then still had the PSD pick free to use on Knobel.

That's the whole point though, we will trade for him on the cheap with you now so that:

1. you don't lose him for nothing, even though it is below market value and;
2. we still have our PSD pick available to use on someone else.

It's the same way a couple of years ago that we got Simmonds cheaply from Freo, because he was out of contract and we had the first PSD pick. They either had to trade on our terms, or lose him for nothing. We then still had the PSD pick free to use on Knobel.
Hopefully you will win another spoon next year so you can fine tune the art of trading hacks and still having first pick in the PSD.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

moran for hartigan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back