Preview Moving On - Sydney Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole club got ahead of itself. The jump the shark moments for me were Grundy joining advertising for singles to mingle at the SCG and the Heeney post-tribunal decision video. The club rode the fan wave too long and started thinking it was more special than it was.

Time to re-earn the fan’s respect. Find a way to win.
There has been little things all year.

In isolation they don't mean much, but they add up to me to a club getting ahead of itself.

The loss on the weekend may have been the best thing that could happen.

There has been little things all year.

In isolation they don't mean much, but they add up to me to a club getting ahead of itself.

The loss on the weekend may have been the best thing that could happen.

If it's not an exhaustion thing, this could be true.

A loss so bad that it strips away any hubris. Any pretence that we inevitably get back into games because we just do.

It shouldn't be necessary. Some of our other losses should have had the same effect.

But maybe the team has been humiliated enough now to respond.

Personally I think the response needs to start at selection tonight, but failing that, hopefully the players do it tomorrow.

If it's not an exhaustion thing, this could be true.

A loss so bad that it strips away any hubris. Any pretence that we inevitably get back into games because we just do.

It shouldn't be necessary. Some of our other losses should have had the same effect.

But maybe the team has been humiliated enough now to respond.

Personally I think the response needs to start at selection tonight, but failing that, hopefully the players do it tomorrow.

I just think they are little things, the players probably wouldn't even realise. But they add up and it only takes a tiny dip to have a huge impact.

And tbh, it isn't just the players. How we have managed Parker this year has smacked of hubris. A couple of weeks in the reserves after a bad injury was fine, but everything since then has seemed to me like a club that has gotten ahead of itself.

But as you say, they have a perfect opportunity to get things back on track tomorrow.

I just think they are little things, the players probably wouldn't even realise. But they add up and it only takes a tiny dip to have a huge impact.

And tbh, it isn't just the players. How we have managed Parker this year has smacked of hubris. A couple of weeks in the reserves after a bad injury was fine, but everything since then has seemed to me like a club that has gotten ahead of itself.

But as you say, they have a perfect opportunity to get things back on track tomorrow.
I don't think we've gotten much wrong with Parker. When he could have come back into the side, he was suspended for 6 weeks. His VFL form didn't really warrant it prior (and this means watching the games instead of quoting stats, to others who like to debate this).

He came back on fire against North as sub, but hasn't kept up the energy with more game time since. He's in my outs this week.

I don't think we've gotten much wrong with Parker. When he could have come back into the side, he was suspended for 6 weeks. His VFL form didn't really warrant it prior (and this means watching the games instead of quoting stats, to others who like to debate this).

He came back on fire against North as sub, but hasn't kept up the energy with more game time since. He's in my outs this week.
His form in the reserves was fine to come back into the senior team after a couple of weeks.

The idea that he wasn’t good enough to get a game for us is the hubris I am talking about.

He isn’t some fringe player who is trying to prove he can play senior football.

His form in the reserves was fine to come back into the senior team after a couple of weeks.

The idea that he wasn’t good enough to get a game for us is the hubris I am talking about.

He isn’t some fringe player who is trying to prove he can play senior football.
Our team was on fire, and again, I disagree that his form in VFL just made his return inevitable.

After 2 weeks of him in VFL, the coaches would have been weighing up that we just had a good win over GWS, where we beat their midfield in clearances and CPs, and we had medium forward Hayward kicking 4 goals. I can understand why they didn't pull the trigger.

After 3 weeks, we had just matched Freo's midfield and smacked them on their home deck. Hayward kicked 4 again. Jordon was also up forward dominating Clark.

We then flogged Carlton the weekend he got suspended. Heeney and Warner kicked 3.

I would question the wisdom of any coaches who would risk upsetting that midfield / forward structure, within 5 weeks of having a bye.

I think he would have been in the side around our 2nd bye (after one more week), when we had a harder win over the Dogs, our midfield wasn't on top, and had he not got suspended for 6 weeks in his 4th VFL game. Or at least after giving up a big start against the Cats.

Nope. Not really comparable.

They were playing a top team while supposed to be on a rebuild.

We're the top team playing a then mid table team.

They didn't go 0-71 and there was another 6 goals on top. Ours was a loss that will go down as one of, if not our worst effort in the last few decades. Hawks loss will be forgotten among similar losses while rebuilding.

Oh well let's fold the club then bunch of losers

Pics from training last night

If you use the red vs blue (2’s) theory, Wicks, Corey in blue…
Looks like Mills got a kick in those photos.
No pressure on him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm predicting 6 debutants tonight
Lynriz-29-1920x700.jpg

You disregard a good performance and then just reinvent what happened.

Freo game for instance we lost 1 quarter but we were poor?

We were poor against the Power but not against Freo.

The soft part of the Swans isn’t the players at times but those who claim to support.

The title of the thread is about moving on. Seem apt after 4 days since the last game.

What do you call the first quarter against Freo? Wasn’t as bad as the last two but I wouldn’t call us lazing around for a quarter to then give a stuff for the next 3 good

It's round 22 this week. Half way through the 3rd quarter of round 15 was the last time this team looked any good (training drill against North notwithstanding.)

It's becoming a very long blip, or slump, or whatever else you wanna call it.

Season on the line here. If we piss away top spot after the position we were in, then imagine them trying to win a grand final.

COME ON SWANS!

Pics from training last night

If you use the red vs blue (2’s) theory, Wicks, Corey in blue…
Wicks, Gus, Corey, Ladhams all in blue.

Mills, Parker, Jordon, Armatey all in red.

Tells you all you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back