Preview Moving On - Sydney Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will see a vastly different Sydney tomorrow night. We now have top spot on the line and season to get back some rembence of the bloods culture.

We have been playing very bruise free footy but copped a few injuries which probably wasn't in the plan and now we switch on and go back to hunting and tackling hard and have a crack.

First goal is deadset massive. I'd love us to kick the first 2 goals and get some belief back

I think we will see a vastly different Sydney tomorrow night. We now have top spot on the line and season to get back on track.

We have been playing very bruise free footy but copped a few injuries which probably wasn't in the plan and now we switch on and go back to hunting and tackling hard and have a crack.

First goal is deadset massive. I'd love is to kick the first 2 goals and get some belief back

First 10 would be good

I think we will see a vastly different Sydney tomorrow night. We now have top spot on the line and season to get back on track.

First goal is deadset massive. I'd love is to kick the first 2 goals and get some belief back
The crowd agrees

Assume McCartin has to go to Cox, then one of Rampe or Fox plays undersized on McStay?
Assume Blakey has to play taller or McDonald plays back (not a fan of that move). Mids really need to bring that pressure tomorrow, cause we do look very undersized.

Honestly not sure what do expect, I feel like we'll either bounce back and overpower them in a big way as our confidence grows again........or we'll start poorly again and just get absolutely flogged. No in-between.

I want to see us get back to that arrogant game, like Chad smiling as he bounces past them, some epic goal celebrations papley style.

That’s when we are happiest.

Contested footy is boring kick it down the wing footy.

Arrogant footy is through the corridor smiling as you goal footy.

Arrogant footy is premiership winning footy.

I like fast players.

Completely agree, it’s a real problem.

If we don’t get the run that made us so successful earlier in the year, any other plan falls over due to the inability of our talls to compete in the air.
I think it was obvious with Amartey out we were going to struggle in that area. Against Dogs the delivery was terrible. Last week the delivery was almost non-existent. I mean, we had one of the lowest inside 50 for any side this seaso.

I think the midfield is of greater concern. If we can't extract we will get flogged.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's been poor all year. If Horse wanted to make a statement by dropping an established player, it would be Florent.

Come off it be fair. Been 2 poor weeks, was outstanding and in AA form the first half in fact was named in the All Australian meeting that they released a month back.

Yeah if Reid was available I would've been fine with him coming in. I was sort of coming around to the idea of bringing him in in place of Amartey and/or McDonald anyway as their form had tapered off. I just think there has to be a point at which keeping the structure ends up detrimental, and playing three slow, heavy big men* in the same team was probably that point.

Having said all of this it would've made as much difference to the result as Sam Reid's supposed grand final-sabotaging injury in 2022.

*I know Grundy is an athletic beast for his size but a ruck is still a ruck. I'm not even convinced Grundy is at 100% at the moment either.
I don't think any of them are slow. McLean may be slower but I will get he, Amartey & McDonald are as fast if not faster than the defenders they play on. Who do you think they are playing on? Aliir, Zirk-Thatcher & co or Jones, Lobb & Co are not that fast.

What's more, that wasn't where we those games. We lost them in the mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can some of the blame be directed at the midfield here, boy the forward are easy targets, but how about kicking to a forwards advantage for once like we were doing 6 weeks ago funny that. You kick and hope and bomb at forwards heads and then wonder why your forwards can't take a mark? Buddy Franklin, Reiwolt, Curnow combined would struggle to take a mark the way we have butchered it the last month!
Someone finally said what I have been saying for weeks. Thank you. To win games you have fist have control of the footy. Then you have to use the footy well. Then you kick goals not points.

We have not controlled the ball for any length of time for 6 weeks. We have played sporadic footy since the break really. Slow starts, long periods where we just break even or allow opponents to control play. If it wasn't for some really strong defensive acts from the likes of Florent, Wil, Rowie & our brave backs who have been under the pump due to lax mids we could have lost even more.

The mids need to take responsibility for the lack of control of the footy. The smaller forwards need to be responsible for their opponents. Cleary, I presume, will be sub. So, that means Campbell plays. Wing? I think we missed his speed last week. He would have run off Boak. We are missing Macca incredibly

Someone finally said what I have been saying for weeks. Thank you. To win games you have fist have control of the footy. Then you have to use the footy well. Then you kick goals not points.

We have not controlled the ball for any length of time for 6 weeks. We have played sporadic footy since the break really. Slow starts, long periods where we just break even or allow opponents to control play. If it wasn't for some really strong defensive acts from the likes of Florent, Wil, Rowie & our brave backs who have been under the pump due to lax mids we could have lost even more.

The mids need to take responsibility for the lack of control of the footy. The smaller forwards need to be responsible for their opponents. Cleary, I presume, will be sub. So, that means Campbell plays. Wing? I think we missed his speed last week. He would have run off Boak. We are missing Macca incredibly

It's time for Heeney, Gulden, Warner, especially to fire.

If Rowbottom, Mills, Adams get going as well with whatever Campbell Jordon Parker give us

Contested footy is boring kick it down the wing footy.

Arrogant footy is through the corridor smiling as you goal footy.

Arrogant footy is premiership winning footy.
Can't have arrogant footy if you don't have the contested footy.

It's time for Heeney, Gulden, Warner, especially to fire.

If Rowbottom, Mills, Adams get going as well with whatever Campbell Jordon Parker give us
I am quite happy to see Jordan in the mids. He & Rowie the only ones giving us anything last week. Adams, Heeney, Parker, Mills & Warner were shitful. The lack of effort on several occasions was very obvious. Lose the ball, stop. No trying to get it back. I am astounded we now play Bombers footy

I am quite happy to see Jordan in the mids. He & Rowie the only ones giving us anything last week. Adams, Heeney, Parker, Mills & Warner were shitful. The lack of effort on several occasions was very obvious. Lose the ball, stop. No trying to get it back. I am astounded we now play Bombers footy

Jordon had 7 touches last week

Are you aware of the concept that if a player is dropped. They need to be replaced.

With literally no one banging doors in the Tramway oval 18... That replacement may be difficult to source.

I guess the swans could play one short. However that's a brave strategy cotton, let's see how that plays out.
Basically played 22 down last week

I thought he was playing well the first half of the season but he's fallen off a cliff since the bye.

Name a player that has played well post bye! They have all been trash!

Name a player that has played well post bye! They have all been trash!
Pondering Which One GIF by Tkay Maidza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back