New Bulldogs Website

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2011
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As the launch of our brand new website approaches we need your help.

To make sure that information is easy to find through our new navigation bar we have created a test - and it only takes 5 minutes.

If you could take the time out of your day to click through the test it would be greatly appreciated and will hopefully serve to better your experience with our website in the future.

The test can be found here: http://bit.ly/xaSOWh

Any constructive feedback is welcomed.

Keep an eye on www.westernbulldogs.com.au in Season 2012 for some exciting new changes.

Thanks for your feedback.

10 - 15 minutes is a generous guide that the designers had put on the testing module. Around the office we have gone through it a couple of times and it has taken a maximum of 7 or 8 minutes (but generally has taken around 5 minutes)

As for the email address request- it is there so that we can follow up on any comments that you provide to help us with more detailed feedback on the project.

Im sure I got some of those questions wrong - I didnt find the menu system that intuitive.

In your menu system, everything is as hard to find as everything else - you go to a menu heading that sounds like it might be related to what you want, and then scan it to see if its there. If it isnt, keep guessing until you find it.

I think you should consider the 80/20 rule - make the most common requests and the most important requests, the easiest to find.

Also, our current home page is really, really busy. There is just so many little bits of info all over the place that I dont bother paying attention to it all - its just too much. Your home page is valuable real estate, you should think carefully about what you want on it.

Also, there is no reason not to have a particular menu option listed under multiple headings. When I got lost in your test system, it was because I selected the first heading that I thought might be related to my query. Sometimes I got the right one, sometimes I didnt. But if something is under multiple 'sort of similar' headings, chances are I would have found what I was after anyway.

I think I went ok at the test. Some of it is pretty self explanatory where to find.

I agree with Stefoid that the home page is too busy. Especially with the Twitter side bar in there, seems to really clog it up on the left hand side.

Most are self explanatory, couldn't find where the FAQ was though?

As to the current site, it's got the same busy telstra AFL site look to it. Though the content on the site is far better then it used to be so thanks for that. :)

I did the test twice and it crashed on question 7 the second time. I note that the questions must be presented randomly as the order changed the second time around.

During my first go I got the following first up:
"Assume you are a local charity group. Where I can read the terms and conditions before requesting for signed memorabilia."

It was a disappointment to get something so poorly written first up. If the survey had been tested as claimed above surely this should have been picked up.

I like the Western Front web page.

Most are self explanatory, couldn't find where the FAQ was though?

As to the current site, it's got the same busy telstra AFL site look to it. Though the content on the site is far better then it used to be so thanks for that. :)

I chose Home for FAQ, it would be logical to find a link on FAQ's there?

Anyway, I gave it a go. It looked like there were far too many top tier menu selections and could have been condensed a bit more.

Anyway, I gave it a go. It looked like there were far too many top tier menu selections and could have been condensed a bit more.

I found the FAQ's. I don't remember where, but I did :D.

I know I got the Bulldogs Academy one wrong. I found it after I had already answered.

Yeah I clicked home as well, just that I found a FAQ link later in another unrelated section.

I think I went ok at the test. Some of it is pretty self explanatory where to find.

I agree with Stefoid that the home page is too busy. Especially with the Twitter side bar in there, seems to really clog it up on the left hand side.

Actually, the twitter feed is one of the few things Id like to see on the home page.

If like to see just the news feed, the twitter feed, whatever adds we are required to show.
Get rid fo stats central and a bunch of other stuff - Im sure the web dudes have stats on what gets clicked on - they can weed out the links that dont get used.

if possible
can you make it easier to move through player profiles, instead of having to go to "choose another player" bar.

And update player stats and playing list aswell.

It was generally easy to navigate through although I had the same issue with finding what I was looking for afterwards. Then again if it was an actual website I would have more time to go through it and find what I am looking for (not rush through it during work hours :p)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I generally agree with what's been said; the menu isn't intuitive at all. There are far too many top-level categories which means finding something often requires going from one section to another. Fewer top menu categories and more branches later on might help with this, although consolidating certain sections or simply making more common/useful pages more prominent might do the job as well.

Grants profile picture always good. We need to compile a 'jarrad grant career profile shots' page

whoah, just checked out Tom Hills photo - he could be an extra in 'the walking dead' with hardly any extra makeup.

also, mitch wallis photo is a bit un-nerving in a 'pscho killer clown' sort of way.

Personally I reckon these guys must have some sort of private comp to see who can pull the funniest head for the profile shots.

Im sure I got some of those questions wrong - I didnt find the menu system that intuitive.

In your menu system, everything is as hard to find as everything else - you go to a menu heading that sounds like it might be related to what you want, and then scan it to see if its there. If it isnt, keep guessing until you find it.

I think you should consider the 80/20 rule - make the most common requests and the most important requests, the easiest to find.

Also, our current home page is really, really busy. There is just so many little bits of info all over the place that I dont bother paying attention to it all - its just too much. Your home page is valuable real estate, you should think carefully about what you want on it.

Also, there is no reason not to have a particular menu option listed under multiple headings. When I got lost in your test system, it was because I selected the first heading that I thought might be related to my query. Sometimes I got the right one, sometimes I didnt. But if something is under multiple 'sort of similar' headings, chances are I would have found what I was after anyway.
^^
This. You don't need the perfect route, just a route with the end result.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Bulldogs Website

Remove this Banner Ad

Back