Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So half the coaches would take Harry before Nick? dreaming.
Mate you are the one who said 'nobody takes Sheezel' and then trying to put words in my mouth by saying 'half the coaches would take Harry before Nick'.

Its close to a 50/50 call with so many factors to take into account. To say nobody takes Sheezel is delusional

There are some very sad, desperate people in this thread who are clinging onto anything they possibly can, no matter how trivial, to bring down a great player.

It’s actually quite pathetic.
Yep. Pies have had a couple of modern greats in Bucks and Pendles and every Pies supporter who has watched those two careers knows that Nick's potential is a couple of rungs above those two.

Swap daicos to north and sheezel to pies and sheezel would be second in AFLCA and challenging for Brownlow, no way one can be said to be better than the other at this moment. Both incredible young players of a similar mould.

This is ludicrous. If Daicos played for North they win more than 3 games a year.

Not taking anything away from an excellent young player in Sheezel, but McCercher, Fisher, Ziebell, Hall and even Luke bloody McDonald have racked up the possies across half back for North. I know he has played more mid fwd this year, and done well, but clearly he doesn't influence games.

Yeah… nah. Kicking efficiency is in the bottom third of all players (both teams) on the ground in most games. Does some nice things in between tho

Attachments

• 6C48C5AF-C7E3-4BA1-8FEC-5CA3E57A73E4.jpeg
    6C48C5AF-C7E3-4BA1-8FEC-5CA3E57A73E4.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 22
Yeah… nah. Kicking efficiency is in the bottom third of all players (both teams) on the ground in most games. Does some nice things in between tho
I’ve been critical to Nick with some of this stuff before too but I’m just assessing him as a third year player now

And when you do that, it becomes very clear how good he is

Swap daicos to north and sheezel to pies and sheezel would be second in AFLCA and challenging for Brownlow, no way one can be said to be better than the other at this moment. Both incredible young players of a similar mould.
Sheezel is silk. A fantastic young player. But even if you were to rate him currently higher than Nick (which would be a bit odd) it wouldn't cancel out or even significantly reduce the potential for Nick to become the greatest of all time. In fact he's only relevant to the question if you think that Sheezel will become the greatest of all time.

I expect Sheezel to become a North great and if his body holds up have a Pendlebury, Bontempelli, Simon Black, level career - if his body holds up.

Nick, on the other hand, has some extra gears and extra extraordinariness. I expect him to hit peaks a fair way above Pendles and co - if all goes well.

I’ve been critical to Nick with some of this stuff before too but I’m just assessing him as a third year player now

And when you do that, it becomes very clear how good he is
No doubt he has the potential to be great. Some of the circle pleasuring in here at time is more than oot. Gives up the ball by foot as much as he gets it is a crude indictment for a 🐐

No doubt he has the potential to be great. Some of the circle pleasuring in here at time is more than oot. Gives up the ball by foot as much as he gets it is a crude indictment for a 🐐
A lot of it is a bit of banter mixed in with some seriousness as he is pretty bloody good

I do think he has improving to be a potential GOAT candidate but he’s a very, very (top 5 in the completion) player for two years in a row already

Sheezel is silk. A fantastic young player. But even if you were to rate him currently higher than Nick (which would be a bit odd) it wouldn't cancel out or even significantly reduce the potential for Nick to become the greatest of all time. In fact he's only relevant to the question if you think that Sheezel will become the greatest of all time.

I expect Sheezel to become a North great and if his body holds up have a Pendlebury, Bontempelli, Simon Black, level career - if his body holds up.

Nick, on the other hand, has some extra gears and extra extraordinariness. I expect him to hit peaks a fair way above Pendles and co - if all goes well.
If his body holds up.

There are some very sad, desperate people in this thread who are clinging onto anything they possibly can, no matter how trivial, to bring down a great player.

It’s actually quite pathetic.
No. We're simply saying he's a great player with great company. Discussion about being the GOAT is ridiculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. We're simply saying he's a great player with great company. Discussion about being the GOAT is ridiculous

He may end up being one of the GOAT's of all time. But THE GOAT? It's too hard to tell.

Even if he doesn't end up being one of the GOAT's but ends up being a very good player, then Collingwood and their supporters should be happy.

Yeah, I’m not talking about those people.

For one thing, the question is “can he be” - not “is he currently”.

But my comment was quite obviously pointed at the numerous snipers (not yourself) who rush to this thread with every ineffective disposal he makes.

kicked a couple of nice goals in the second Q, but disposal let him down a bit after that - not sure what the fuss was all about, players kick two goals in quarters quite often I would have thought?

One thing we know for sure, Nick won't be part of a dynasty side any time soon, (unless they win by 200 next week!)

Tiges remain the last great dynasty side of the comp, and Dusty the last great GOAT candidate to grace the AFL.

Who knows for the future though.

Is that suddenly something that makes him the GOAT is it?
Just another notch in his belt to add to the legacy.
I guess Andrew Walker is the best full forward of all time for his hangar on Carlisle.
Not even good enough to be awarded Mark of the Year, let alone be Top 2 in the same year (from a midfielder, no less).

yawn. you tell every coach in the comp they can have either Sheezel or Daicos tomorrow. No one picks Sheezel.
Err geez, I dunno about this. Take nothing away from Nick, but Sheezel is a freak of the highest order and unbelievably well rounded. It's like he plays with cheat codes enabled.

A player that can literally dominate in any position (bar ruck) would be pretty enticing to a lot of coaches.

Gees. Either will not be in the conversation of greatest of all time. Lets not confuse having a running capacity 4 years ahead of their time with the skill, hardness, polish and strength of the greatest players of all time.

Gees. Either will not be in the conversation of greatest of all time. Lets not confuse having a running capacity 4 years ahead of their time with the skill, hardness, polish and strength of the greatest players of all time.

I don't think Sheezel will be in the converstation - that was my point. This thread is about guessing the future. Sheezel should become a champion of the game, but not likely to become the best ever.

But I think Nick is a chance to become the best of the modern era (no idea how you judge further back than that), as I think he might develop to become as good as there's been in about 4 different crucial areas - ball handling, kicking, awareness and running(for footy).

Last edited:
I don't think Sheezel will be in the converstation - that was my point. This thread is about guessing the future. Sheezel should become a champion of the game.

But I think Nick is a chance to become the best of the modern era (no idea how you judge further back than that), as I think he might develop to become as good as there's been in about 4 different areas - ball handling, kicking, awareness and running(for footy).
I can 100% agree with that as a dire hard North fan, but the difference between Sheezel and Nick Dacios is that one plays for a team who is at rock bottom once again, and one has a premiership.

My point is Sheezel does not get that much recognition than Dacios as most people concentrate on "successful popular teams" Even Xerri who has been the most consistent ruck for the last 10 week and his last 7 weeks has been glorious.

If we start winning games, more of our stars will get recognised. Plus, more people will watch our club when we start winning games.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back