Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 136 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 335 71.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After getting the BOG votes yet again, despite the loss, the ch 9 football panel this morning unanimously agreed Nick is now the best player in the AFL - and commented how remarkable that is, given his youth, in just his 3rd season. Also remarked he’s the one player in the AFL that all clubs need to apply a hard tag.

Nick has drastically increased his staging antics the last 12 months. Likely since getting lessons from the biggest stager of all

View attachment 2034975
Some people just don't know when to stop.

Your obvious bias has been called out, you're just further embarrassing yourself.

Time to move on.

And their averages this year?
OK, so I’ve checked the tables just for this year and it does make interesting reading - for despite copping a hard tag weekly, Nick has been awarded just one paltry free for every 18.5 possessions. He needs to learn more from the king of milking frees, Curnow, who (just this year), is still very generously gifted a free for every 10 possessions (in front of goal).

And there’s more - Nick is penalised against just as many times as he gets paid a free, whereas the umpires pet, Curnow, gets a remarkable twice as many frees as paid against him.

Last edited:
I don't like him because he's a stager and has a history of squibbing contests. Those other names you mentioned don't take a backwards step and thus I hold them all in high regard as players. Dropping knees and accentuating contact for free kicks is not respectable play imo. It's embarrassing stuff.

Fisher was one of our own who loved dropping his knees and I'm glad we got rid of him. Pies supporters seem to have selective vision when it comes to Nick, seemingly most are incapable of admitting that he's a blatant stager.
I dont see that in Nicks game, likewise in Curnows or GAS. At least that sets things straight. You don't like or respect ND as a player so have a bias against him stronger than you would have for most players. Makes it hard to be balanced in your assessments.

You are well out of step with the coaches and experts if you can't at least acknowledge he is a gun of the competition. It would be akin to me saying Charlie isn't the best or if not very close to the best forward in the game today if I didnt like him.

OK, so I’ve checked the tables just for this year and it does make intersecting reading - for despite copping a hard tag weekly, Nick has been awarded just one paltry free for every 18.5 possessions. He needs to learn more from the king of milking frees, Curnow, who (just this year), is still very generously gifted a free for every 10 possessions (in front of goal).

And there’s more - Nick is penalised against just as many times as he gets paid a free, whereas the umpires pet, Curnow, gets a remarkable twice as many frees as paid against him.
Copping a 'hard tag weekly' firstly... He gets tagged like once every 3-4 games because coaches are *******s and want to 'stick to their system'

But also, Curnow quite literally gets double and triple teamed in nearly every contest lmao. He'd cop more physical attention than just about any player in the league as a top KPF.

I dont see that in Nicks game, likewise in Curnows or GAS. At least that sets things straight. You don't like or respect ND as a player so have a bias against him stronger than you would have for most players. Makes it hard to be balanced in your assessments.

You are well out of step with the coaches and experts if you can't at least acknowledge he is a gun of the competition. It would be akin to me saying Charlie isn't the best or if not very close to the best forward in the game today if I didnt like him.
I can acknowledge him as a gun player, no doubt about that. But yes you are correct, I don't respect him as a player in terms of his status in the game, GOAT debates and all the rest of it. Duckers and divers whether it be Carlton, Collingwood or any other minnow club are particularly repugnant to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't notice it too much, no. Probably the same as Lloyd with his in the back antics, they were mostly overexaggerated, but they weren't as blatant as Daicos, Ginnivan, Weightman, Dylan Moore etc these days. That's my opinion on it.

I have 0 respect for players who blatantly drop their knees and go down like they've been shot in the ass by a sniper every chance they can to draw free kicks. When Nick removes that garbage from his game I'm sure I'll view him in higher standings.
Like Owies, Curnow, Motlop and Saad ?

Owies I'd pay, Motlop borderline. Curnow and Saad not even close.
And yet the AFL stats show otherwise - all these players get far more frees per possession than Daicos - in fact Carlton are statistically the most looked after side in the AFL.

Nick Daicos, in just his third season, is the most skilled player in the AFL - the ch9 football panel this morning unanimously named him as the best - and you can’t seem to cope with that, you have NDDS - to the point that you spend your time here instead of watching/supporting your own team against one of its biggest arch-rivals.

I can acknowledge him as a gun player, no doubt about that. But yes you are correct, I don't respect him as a player in terms of his status in the game, GOAT debates and all the rest of it. Duckers and divers whether it be Carlton, Collingwood or any other minnow club are particularly repugnant to me.
Duckers, divers and stagers. I think you are getting a bit unbalanced here with the use of these adjectives to describe Nick. Surely would be better to pull out of this thread now if your feelings are so bitter. Not healthy to get fixed on these thoughts.

Duckers, divers and stagers. I think you are getting a bit unbalanced here with the use of these adjectives to describe Nick. Surely would be better to pull out of this thread now if your feelings are so bitter. Not healthy to get fixed on these thoughts.
He forgot dodgers too!

dodgeball dodgeballshouldas GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I don't like him because he's a stager and has a history of squibbing contests. Those other names you mentioned don't take a backwards step and thus I hold them all in high regard as players. Dropping knees and accentuating contact for free kicks is not respectable play imo. It's embarrassing stuff.

Fisher was one of our own who loved dropping his knees and I'm glad we got rid of him. Pies supporters seem to have selective vision when it comes to Nick, seemingly most are incapable of admitting that he's a blatant stager.
Do you like Curnow who stages equally impressive with his diving flops with the softest of contact? Or the player in your user name who has a habit of impersonating an ostrich with his head trying to stage for a free?

Do you like Curnow who stages equally impressive with his diving flops with the softest of contact? Or the player in your user name who has a habit of impersonating an ostrich with his head trying to stage for a free?
Love them both, both tough as nails and never seen either blatantly staging for free kicks. But I rest easy knowing poor Nick will likely be runners up to Heeney or Cripps in Fadge's beloved Brownlow award he's been waffling on about for months.

Love them both, both tough as nails and never seen either blatantly staging for free kicks. But I rest easy knowing poor Nick will likely be runners up to Heeney or Cripps in Fadge's beloved Brownlow award he's been waffling on about for months.
You need to watch Curnow with both eyes, not just the biased Carlton one eye. A known flopper who goes down like a $2 hooker with slightest of contact. Walsh, yes he”s tough but also plays for frees.

You need to watch Curnow with both eyes, not just the biased Carlton one eye. A known flopper who goes down like a $2 hooker with slightest of contact. Walsh, yes he”s tough but also plays for frees.
Find me some clips. Daicos has dozens on this site that can be pulled up at a moments notice... Reckon you'd be hard pressed to find any of Curnow that are as embarrassing as some of the crap Nick does. Charlie competes as hard and fairly as anyone in the league, the umpires just seem to love him.

Find me some clips. Daicos has dozens on this site that can be pulled up at a moments notice... Reckon you'd be hard pressed to find any of Curnow that are as embarrassing as some of the crap Nick does. Charlie competes as hard and fairly as anyone in the league, the umpires just seem to love him.
His first 2 goals against Geelong from frees If he’s supposed to be this big power forward he sure falls over easy. Are his muscles painted on?

Back