Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom six. Is that where Carlton have featured for 75% of the century without the excuse of coming off a premiership?
Odd... I could have sworn you were one of the posters claiming the mighty Carringbush would go back to back this year and Nick will take his game to a whole new level?

Tbh he was better in 2023 when he was playing his natural role of an outside, unaccountable half back flanker with license to roam.

Thank you for the invitation. Sweetest moment of 2024. Remember when Nick got 10 votes v Carlton in round 8. Remember when he loses Walsh and kicks a sensational goal to put us 6 points with a minute to go. 51 sec left and another boundary throw on HFF. Carlton need a goal in 51 sec to draw. Walsh has been so badly burned by Nick he doesnt even watch the ball , has his back to it corralling Daicos. Nick loses Walsh in an instant then outbodies Cripps to regain the ball, Cripps goes high, free. Cripper, a gun, lies there for a precious 10 sec, wasting that time cause he is done

The night Carlton got Nicked. You shouldnt have forgotten it, its a great moment for non Carlton viewers. Here it is again

Remember when Wayne harmes, remember when Jezza sat on Jerka Jenkins head , remember when Carlton were 7 goals down at half time in a GF, remember teddy Hopkins, remember silvagni using starcevic as a step ladder, remember craig Bradley kicking a goal from the boundary with a 5 bounce effort, I could go on and on and on. Being Nicked ? Lol. Unfortunately few and far between are those highlites.

Odd... I could have sworn you were one of the posters claiming the mighty Carringbush would go back to back this year and Nick will take his game to a whole new level?

Tbh he was better in 2023 when he was playing his natural role of an outside, unaccountable half back flanker with license to roam.
Not surprised that's your recollection as it isn't correct

Remember when Wayne harmes, remember when Jezza sat on Jerka Jenkins head , remember when Carlton were 7 goals down at half time in a GF, remember teddy Hopkins, remember silvagni using starcevic as a step ladder, remember craig Bradley kicking a goal from the boundary with a 5 bounce effort, I could go on and on and on. Being Nicked ? Lol. Unfortunately few and far between are those highlites.
Golden oldies celebrating golden oldie moments yet again. What's your favourite Carlton moment since The Spice Girls?

Thank you for the invitation. Sweetest moment of 2024. Remember when Nick got 10 votes v Carlton in round 8. Remember when he loses Walsh and kicks a sensational goal to put us 6 points with a minute to go. 51 sec left and another boundary throw on HFF. Carlton need a goal in 51 sec to draw. Walsh has been so badly burned by Nick he doesnt even watch the ball , has his back to it corralling Daicos. Nick loses Walsh in an instant then outbodies Cripps to regain the ball, Cripps goes high, free. Cripper, a gun, lies there for a precious 10 sec, wasting that time cause he is done

The night Carlton got Nicked. You shouldnt have forgotten it, its a great moment for non Carlton viewers. Here it is again

That's a fantastic goal, I remember it but only Nick could push someone in the back then jump on the ball and drag it in and get the free for it cos someone was vaguely in his vicinity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, many on this forum aren't old enough to remember any of those events.

Most of them were even well before my time, and I'm no spritely youngster.

But Carlton being Nicked? Every single poster would be very familiar with that, as with the Elliott goal in 2022 'closing like the Grim Reaper'.

Glorious.

But you are right, Carlton / Collingwood highlights are few and far between in recent times. That's what happens when one team is completely irrelevant for more than two decades.

Yeah I do. I was there for all of them. Hated it. But I am not into not giving individual players their due. Carlton from when I have watched have clearly had more all time greats than Collingwood. Recent times not so much.

To me I don't really understand why there is a group of 4 Carlton posters in the top 6 contributors with up to 500+ posts who are so keen to magnify any fault they find with a young player to try and convince themselves he isnt an exceptional talent.

Jezza, SOS and Bradley what a trio. I wanted them to fail but they were legends. Its indisputable and I would look like an imbecile trying to argue anything else.

That's a fantastic goal, I remember it but only Nick could push someone in the back then jump on the ball and drag it in and get the free for it cos someone was vaguely in his vicinity.
Maybe specsavers sometime this week

Yeah I do. I was there for all of them. Hated it. But I am not into not giving individual players their due. Carlton from when I have watched have clearly had more all time greats than Collingwood. Recent times not so much.

To me I don't really understand why there is a group of 4 Carlton posters in the top 6 contributors with up to 500+ posts who are so keen to magnify any fault they find with a young player to try and convince themselves he isnt an exceptional talent.

Jezza, SOS and Bradley what a trio. I wanted them to fail but they were legends. Its indisputable and I would look like an imbecile trying to argue anything else.
I guess that the difference between people who have class, and those who don't...

What are you thoughts in the potential disparity of votes awarded to Cripps, that has previously been highlighted on this thread?

I havent seen it but it wouldnt surprise me. Im sure a few coaches will play favourites with their votes. Or vote only based on stats and not based on impact. Or vote based on internal measures which are different to the ones fans use when judging who played well.

An example?
That link you liked with the last two minutes of the Collingwood/Carlton game is one example. (Altho Cripps is just as bad as Daicos so tough shit Patty.) Both of those players draw frees by slowing/stopping and raising their arms, drawing contact they then pretend is holding the man. In that incident if you look carefully Cripps doesn't actually make high contact but because he is close and touches Nick's upper arm before Nick appeals (while lying on his back) it gets paid.

Daicos does this all the time which is why he's one of the non ruck players with the highest number of frees for in the comp.

That link you liked with the last two minutes of the Collingwood/Carlton game is one example. (Altho Cripps is just as bad as Daicos so tough shit Patty.) Both of those players draw frees by slowing/stopping and raising their arms, drawing contact they then pretend is holding the man. In that incident if you look carefully Cripps doesn't actually make high contact but because he is close and touches Nick's upper arm before Nick appeals (while lying on his back) it gets paid.

Daicos does this all the time which is why he's one of the non ruck players with the highest number of frees for in the comp.
That's your finest example? That is a blatant high contact free day every day of the week

He is high in the free kick tally because he's one of the most damaging players in the game and regularly has players gambling on the lottery of the holding rule

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back