Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Making up? Think just about everyone knows Flybagger McRae was doing the dodgy business on the coaches votes. Was clear as day

Which best describes you?

a) troll

b) started trolling and gradually came to believe it

c) didn't rate him that highly because he was an outside player and too proud/stupid to re-evaluate when he went inside and racked up regular 10 clearance 15 contested possession games to go along with being the best outside runner in the comp

Did he contribute to the the pies missing finals this year then ? Thought it was a team game after all ....
He probably couldn't have done much more in attempting to get them there.

Unless you're suggesting the likes of Cripps and Weitering were duds for the first 8 or 9 years of their careers because Carlton had failed to qualify for finals in all that time?

He probably couldn't have done much more in attempting to get them there.

Unless you're suggesting the likes of Cripps and Weitering were duds for the first 8 or 9 years of their careers because Carlton had failed to qualify for finals in all that time?
That's quite literally what you used to suggest... You also used to slander them for playing for individual awards while their team floundered... Which is exactly what Nicky was doing this year (last game of the season dead rubber and he's playing like his life depended on it getting fed the ball at every turn by his teammates to try and win him the Brownlow)

a) troll

c) didn't rate him that highly because he was an outside player and too proud/stupid to re-evaluate when he went inside and racked up regular 10 clearance 15 contested possession games to go along with being the best outside runner in the comp
I'll let you make your own evaluation. But once again more hyperbole from Pies fans... BEST OUTSIDE RUNNER IN THE COMP... Despite almost never being in his teams best runners for the game, never having any sort of records re his running power and also being a mediocre runner when looking at his 2km times in the pre seasons.

As always... Living in la la land when it comes to anything surrounding their golden boy. Even your own posters were commenting on how laughable Flybaggers coaches votes were this year.

The fact posters feel the need to run to this thread to announce Nicky has won some random ABC (lmao) award that nobody gives 2 flying f**ks about just shows how desperate Pies fans are for validity and attention.

How embarrassing
For years these same Pies supporters have bagged the Brownlow and other individual awards saying they mean nothing and its all about team success.

Now once they have one of their own players in contention these awards mean everything. So typical and hypocritical !

That's quite literally what you used to suggest... You also used to slander them for playing for individual awards while their team floundered... Which is exactly what Nicky was doing this year (last game of the season dead rubber and he's playing like his life depended on it getting fed the ball at every turn by his teammates to try and win him the Brownlow)
Negative.

I've always commented positively on the likes of Cripps and Weitering. My comment has always been about the lack of depth beyond them.

I have no issue with Daicos or any Collingwood player for that matter, playing as though their life depended on it in a game where we are already eliminated from finals. That's what maintains a winning culture, something that Carlton and their supporters aren't familiar with.

a) troll

d) All of the above

Negative.

I've always commented positively on the likes of Cripps and Weitering. My comment has always been about the lack of depth beyond them.

I have no issue with Daicos or any Collingwood player for that matter, playing as though their life depended on it in a game where we are already eliminated from finals. That's what maintains a winning culture, something that Carlton and their supporters aren't familiar with.
Tobey Maguire Lol GIF

Out of all the lies I've seen on here this is the biggest one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like you think nobody learnt about inferring in 3rd grade or something... A blind hamster could figure out what your posts were implying.
It's a shame you didn't get a better grounding in context from your grade 3 teacher. Read it again - it was in the context of criticism of Nick over the Pies missing finals. It was actually suggesting those blokes are stars - like Nick, but individual stars don't get you into finals.

Not saying the validity of it but Daicos is not in the Champion Data All Australian team. Mentioned at the beginning of the video and at 10:55.

Basically said his impact with ball use (when he was a clearance player) was not good enough.

Just goes to show how silly it is when you judge a player by a stats sheet...

Yep. Basically saying if Daicos was not forced to play on the inside he would be a lock for the All Australian but when he plays inside his ball use drops dramatically.
It's a valid point. It's strength related.

But just re-enforces that the 21year old kid whose been up the top of the league for a couple of years already still has a fair bit of improvemnt to come once his body matures. Might even see him develop into the GOAT!

Absolutely.

But any algorithm that excludes Nick Daicos from the best 23 players in the competition in 2024 is fundamentally flawed, as I've been saying for years.

It's the same algorithm that had a Ablett as the no.1 Ranked player for nearly a decade.

I've already mentioned this, the problem with Daicos this year has been his coach putting Nick in the middle, getting double teamed, and having to shank kicks out of congestion. Not really conducive to getting the best out of Nick. There has been a change recently but it probably cost you a finals spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back