No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

So obviously want the swans to beat lions but who do we want to win out of Freo v Melb?

A Freo loss means that they're less likely to get an away final, a Melbourne loss means that they're in a bad position and would need to beat both us and GWS to stay in the hunt for finals.

So obviously want the swans to beat lions but who do we want to win out of Freo v Melb?

A Freo loss means that they're less likely to get an away final, a Melbourne loss means that they're in a bad position and would need to beat both us and GWS to stay in the hunt for finals.

A draw potentially a spanner in the works for Dees? Draw brings Freo back to round number points but if we maintain a superior percentage...?

Don’t think the result of the Lions/Swans match matters too much. Both should finish top four regardless of what happens. Brisbane probably go in favourites for every game of the run home.

Think I’d prefer a Freo win over a Melbourne win. Think we’re more likely to go past Melbourne, especially since we still play them again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The injuries won't help us if we lose next week. It will just guarantee a win for brissy today so we gotta make the most of any leg up next week. Hopefully we recover well from the slog

The injuries won't help us if we lose next week. It will just guarantee a win for brissy today so we gotta make the most of any leg up next week. Hopefully we recover well from the slog

I'm not sure how the first point relates to the second. They're two separate matches.

Injuries today certainly won't guarantee a win for BL. In fact, I'd expect Sydney's superior fitness to over BL in the second half.

Yes, injuries to Sydney will mean nothing if we don't beat them next week. But the injuries obviously improves our chances and I feel like we deserve a chance to beat a slightly undermanned Sydney next week at their home deck considering the reverse occurred when we played them on our home deck earlier in the season.

I'm not sure how the first point relates to the second. They're two separate matches.

Injuries today certainly won't guarantee a win for BL. In fact, I'd expect Sydney's superior fitness to over BL in the second half.

Yes, injuries to Sydney will mean nothing if we don't beat them next week. But the injuries obviously improves our chances and I feel like we deserve a chance to beat a slightly undermanned Sydney next week at their home deck considering the reverse occurred when we played them on our home deck earlier in the season.
I worded it badly. We want brisbane to lose, we also want to beat the swans. Injuries to sydney helps us next week but not this week. If we win next week it will be worth it, if we lose, I would have preferred they not get injuries today & beat the lions.

Sydney have 3 out according to longmire so I'd be shocked if they hold on.

Edit: i worded it badly again. Can't talk to 8 people at once lol

Last edited:
I hope we pay more attention to Gulden next week than Brisbane have to him today. Doesn't have to be a hard tag but can't let him rack up uncontested touches at half forward. Would be close to the best ball user in the comp and he's been allowed to stand 70m from goal and pick the game apart

I worded it badly. We want brisbane to lose, we also want to beat the swans. Injuries to sydney helps us next week but not this week. If we win next week it will be worth it, if we lose, I would have preferred they not get injuries today & beat the lions.

Sydney have 3 out according to longmire so I'd be shocked if they hold on.

Edit: i worded it badly again. Can't talk to 8 people at once lol
They only have Rampe and Papley out

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back