No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like it's the RNA Showgrounds, which has upset not only the Anti-Gabba rebuild Greens voters (who admittedly would be upset if Tofu costs went down by 10 cents), but also Brisbane Roar and World Game fans who are adamant that money should be used to build a new home ground for the Roar or redevelop Perry Park (the old home of the Brisbane Strikers in the NSL).
Best result for fans as it’s not in the sticks like their training facility but it’s probably even less of a home ground advantage. Suck shit Dunks.

Also side note, the Saints have done real well in turning around an absolute miserable situation into one with an exciting future. Massive difference to Norf who just sit around and ask for handouts, make their own poor decisions and then ask to be bailed out.

Best result for fans as it’s not in the sticks like their training facility but it’s probably even less of a home ground advantage. Suck s**t Dunks.
At least he can experience what it is like playing for GWS in his final seasons. Small crowds, on a ground for cattle.

I have managed to not see any AFLW games at all this season 🤨. Maybe if the Dogs had shown something…
I understand why drafts have been national or state based up to this point, but surely with the CBA increase, you either opt in or opt out of a national draft. This nominating for a state only draft is bullshit, with Brisbane and Adelaide winning 5 of 7 flags, coincidentally 2 foundation clubs in two-team states.

I understand why drafts have been national or state based up to this point, but surely with the CBA increase, you either opt in or opt out of a national draft. This nominating for a state only draft is bullshit, with Brisbane and Adelaide winning 5 of 7 flags, coincidentally 2 foundation clubs in two-team states.
I don’t follow the system enough to be well informed but generally I’d prefer to let the salary cap to do its thing.

Same in the AFL. Buku should be playing at North this year for an extra $100k (and an extra year). Same with Lohmann (Bris), etc. Bruce should have been sounded out to play KPF there to support Larkey before his recent ACL. Surely there are 1-2 similar players at each club. The salary cap should be the great equaliser for a club with the balls to use the PSD, not AFL priority pick handouts.

How’s Joel Hamling. Only played a few more games than I have for Freo in seven seasons and complains they don’t want to give him a big contract

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looks like it's the RNA Showgrounds, which has upset not only the Anti-Gabba rebuild Greens voters (who admittedly would be upset if Tofu costs went down by 10 cents), but also Brisbane Roar and World Game fans who are adamant that money should be used to build a new home ground for the Roar or redevelop Perry Park (the old home of the Brisbane Strikers in the NSL).
The RNA Showgrounds would be a great temporary location. An easy walk from Brisbane CBD, train station and Fortitude Valley. It features a couple of the stands have plenty of history. It would be a good day at the footy.

The idea of using Ipswich would be the equivalent of the doggies using Broadmeadows footy ground - not good.

They could even broaden the scope with the Showgrounds and put in a decent curated turf cricket wicket, maybe one that turns (clay based) to help our teams in the subcontinent. Would do wonders for the pubs in North Brisbane (Jubilee, Alliance etc) that have yet to come profitable since Covid.

However, a Lib local council, fading state Labor Govt and the AFL (private school knobs) negotiating will probably end up resulting in handing the games to Metricon. Tom Tate and his property development mates profit (you can build an 30 storey building on an 900m sq block down there under Tate) and the spate of conservative seats in the GC area.

In this scenario the Lions fans lose (doesn’t bother me). I doubt many of them make the effort to travel to the GC for a game anyway. Maybe 7-9 thousand would bother with that highway. Bumper to bumper for 2-3 hours with kids in the back whinging that they would rather be watching the Bronco’s - would do my head in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coroner's findings on Shane Tuck's death were handed down today.

They are relevant to all AFL followers. Among the recommendations was to reduce the full contact sessions at AFL club training.

Clayton Oliver caught driving whilst his licence was suspended on medical grounds. Its not even Christmas yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back