No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

How depressing must it be to support St. Kilda.

- 1 flag

- Catalogue of wooden spoons

- Missed two golden chances in 2009-10 with the best team theyā€™ve ever had to break the drought. Blew both of them.

- Havenā€™t been a threat since and been nothing but mid table mediocrity

- On top of that, play the most boring and uninspiring football ever seen coached by ā€œRoss the Bossā€

I want them to break their drought as I have mates who support them who are great people, but the club, geez, you just shake your head at them.

Well probably start against Adelaide behind Essendope in 8th or 9th

And a win vs Adelaide we could finish in top 4 by end of round

Very tight year. Had we dropped one game in last month we would be outside the 8 tonight

Win next 3 and we could be top 4 for the first time under Bev

Imagine Essendon make the 8 what does that say about the competition

How depressing must it be to support St. Kilda.

- 1 flag

- Catalogue of wooden spoons

- Missed two golden chances in 2009-10 with the best team theyā€™ve ever had to break the drought. Blew both of them.

- Havenā€™t been a threat since and been nothing but mid table mediocrity

- On top of that, play the most boring and uninspiring football ever seen coached by ā€œRoss the Bossā€

I want them to break their drought as I have mates who support them who are great people, but the club, geez, you just shake your head at them.
My wife goes to most of the games and is footy mad.

I genuinely feel awful for her.

You're assuming Carlton beat Hawthorn and Essendon beat GC. Anyway, who gives a s***. We just gotta keep winning and we get top 4. The end.

Yes, permutations are so complex and bee's dicky I've lost interest in other teams . If we don't win our last three we get what we deserve. I only expect 2/3, there are few easy games this year.

They are a pathetic club. Absolutely zero footprint on West Sydney and no fans whatsoever.
They should honestly just become a Canberra team. Their support there is pretty solid. I like Manuka Oval too.

AFL has basically made no inroads in Sydney. Every pub has the rugby on every television except maybe the one tv that is in a too awkward spot to watch.

I don't know how much of their Canberra support is due to the novelty of having only 2-3 games there a year. Will they all show up week in week out? Something for the people with the data and the membership numbers to look at.

A draw is probably still okay for us. Our % is a little better that Freoā€™s so keeps them well within striking distance.
A draw would have been the ultimate resultā€¦wipe out one of the earlier draws and bring it back to %

Compare the difference to our song and Essendonsā€¦.you'd think theyā€™d just won their first final in over 7000 daysā€¦.we are just getting on with business, they are carrying on like pork chops

They should honestly just become a Canberra team. Their support there is pretty solid. I like Manuka Oval too.

AFL has basically made no inroads in Sydney. Every pub has the rugby on every television except maybe the one tv that is in a too awkward spot to watch.

I don't know how much of their Canberra support is due to the novelty of having only 2-3 games there a year. Will they all show up week in week out? Something for the people with the data and the membership numbers to look at.
I suspect a lot of footy starved locals and not necessarily GWS supporters (if you can call them that) go to the game as they donā€™t get to watch AFL live all too often. Many supporters from other clubs attend. Iā€™d estimate that 1/3 of the attendees would be neutrals. When you take out the genuine interstate opposition supporters there are not many left. Pathetic club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect a lot of footy starved locals and not necessarily GWS supporters (if you can call them that) go to the game as they donā€™t get to watch AFL live all too often. Many supporters from other clubs attend. Iā€™d estimate that 1/3 of the attendees would be neutrals. When you take out the genuine interstate opposition supporters there are not many left. Pathetic club.
Iā€™ll say it againā€¦.the majority of their members are members of other clubs who can afford to purchase a membership to give them guaranteed access to a grand final. Easy way to get a ticket if you are say a Pies supporter who canā€™t get into their own social club

I haven't been to too many games at Manuka of late (besides ours) but this is fairly true.

The GWS support definitely seems to have grown but from what I used to see, it's generally 25% GWS, 25-50% opposition and the balance footy-starved interstate expats.

Pretty clearly the right decision to retire a 1-club legend & not go to the Suns, where he would barely get on the park and not being anywhere near the talent he was. Just sucks he couldnā€™t squeeze out one more home game for them.

Martin an absolute superstar, but just canā€™t help but feel heā€™s taken the piss this year. Out with injury but can fly to NZā€¦

I guess in Richmond supporter eyes he can do whatever he likes, but Iā€™d be pretty disappointed for how itā€™s played out.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back