No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll ask again ... who would we rather play, Hawthorn or Carltank ... because it might happen.

This is why I'd prefer they didn't make it but they're probably going to

Carlton could miss finals if they are not careful

Definitely could. A very kind last two games but they might be relying on results even if they win those two.

The way they are going im not sure you'd be that confident in them beating anyone

We are on the brink of a round where Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton all lose, in an exciting and incredibly open season.

It’S sO mUcH bEtTeR wHeN aLl ThE bIg TeAmS aRe Up AnD aBoUt!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are on the brink of a round where Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton all lose, in an exciting and incredibly open season.

It’S sO mUcH bEtTeR wHeN aLl ThE bIg TeAmS aRe Up AnD aBoUt!!

If Hawks win by enough all four could be out of the eight as well

It is crazy the drop from where he was 18 months ago until now. 30-35 every week.

Probably the worst off season ever though. He was clearly having serious personal issues and it's impossible to know what's going on outside of what we see on screen, but he's clearly not the same player he was and you'd have to presume he is still dealing with his off field stuff.

He's only 27 still so no reason why he won't get back to his best. Looks like he needs a fresh start. Would take a very brave team to stump up the picks Melbourne would ask for him after what we've seen from the past 18 months
It’s a bit of a gamble taking a player who has been in off field drama.

Cousins by all accounts never got off the gear in his time at Richmond and Stringer, while he’s been solid and seems to have his life in order, hasn’t ever recaptured his 2015 form.

Aker went down in a ball of flames after three pretty good seasons with us, Fev was sacked after one season at Brisbane and Andrew Lovett was sacked without playing a game for St Kilda.

Sometimes you get a bargain (ie Rhys Shaw at Sydney) but often they just keep going the way they were going.

Last edited:
I said Hawks percentage might work against them come a tie on points. But right now they are winning by over 30 points vs the Blues, which will bring the Blues and Hawks close to each other in percentage. If the Hawks keep this up, then the Blues are in big trouble. Hawks with two percentage boosting games the final two weeks of the season.

Assuming a scenario Fremantle upset GWS, it will leave the Giants, Hawks and Blues on the same points and similar percentage going by my predictor. But the Hawks will be favorites in this scenario. The battle for the bottom couple of places is just as interesting as the other battles.

Last edited:
It’s a bit of a gamble taking a player who has been in off field drama.

Cousins by all accounts never got off the gear in his time at Richmond and Stringer, while he’s been solid and seems to have his life in order, hasn’t ever recaptured his 2015 form.

Aker went down in a ball of flames after three pretty good seasons with us, Fev was sacked after one season at Brisbane and Andrew Lovett was sacked without playing a game for Essendon.

Sometimes you get a bargain (ie Rhys Shaw at Sydney) but often they just keep going the way they were going.

Not sure I’d be willing to take that risk, even with the upside being a perennial AA midfielder, but we’ll see. Maybe a team like Adelaide who have struggled to get out of bottom four for 5 or 6 seasons would be willing to take the risk

I must have missed the memo because I was having the same sh1tty trouble. I too hope it works as receiving continual notifications of their inane discussions is not a choice I would freely make.
I must admit I enjoyed getting there notifications after last weekends debacle against Port. Some very enjoyable reading I must say.

Not sure I’d be willing to take that risk, even with the upside being a perennial AA midfielder, but we’ll see. Maybe a team like Adelaide who have struggled to get out of bottom four for 5 or 6 seasons would be willing to take the risk
Someone definitely would.

I think with Libba, Bont and Treloar firing, Richards and Sanders emerging and Macrae forced to the fringe we just wouldn’t have the need such that it would justify the risk.

I think clubs like Adelaide and North will have a sniff. The question for them is whether they can wrangle him.

Carlton’s injury management is ****ing deplorable.

The McKay concussion. Letting McGovern take a kick after what appeared to be a head knock. And now playing one of their champions in Curnow despite being in doubt all week.

Embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back