No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

This blasting music over the PA after each goal really grinds my gears. What's the point?

It's like going to a Foo Fighters concert and getting Bont and Astro up on stage to have a kick to kick between songs.
At.Optus stadium the Ground announcer is so darn loud this also grates my gears too. !!

Who would we prefer out of Hawks and Lions if we make the 8?

I definitely would prefer the Hawks.
Either way its going to be Brisbane, Hawks or 9th. My preferences

1. Brisbane at Marvel or the G. (5th vs 8th). Thats in the very unlikely case Brisbane loose tonight.
2. Hawks (6th vs 7th)
3. Brisbane at the Gabba (5th vs 8th).
4. 9th

Either way its going to be Brisbane, Hawks or 9th. My preferences

1. Brisbane at Marvel or the G. (5th vs 8th). Thats in the very unlikely case Brisbane loose tonight.
2. Hawks (6th vs 7th)
3. Brisbane at the Gabba (5th vs 8th).
4. 9th
If we win, Brisbane lose, Carlton lose, it could be Freo or Carlton.

At one point it was looking like the finals would run though the interstate teams, but one, during the first week. If the results go a certain way, the Cats, Hawks and Dogs could all be hosting games at the MCG in week one. The AFL will be hoping for that big time.

I think a dogs vs lions will be the best option. There's little chance of any of their key players unlike like carlton or freo to come back in. Hawks had their best midfielder Will Day out today and their smalls might be too much. Can cover their key forwards though except maybe Chol.

I think the Hawks form is false. They've had a bunch of very very soft kills at the end of the season including a very banged up Carlton. Yeah, confidence high, but they won't get away with have the things they have done lately when it comes to finals.

I think the Hawks form is false. They've had a bunch of very very soft kills at the end of the season including a very banged up Carlton. Yeah, confidence high, but they won't get away with have the things they have done lately when it comes to finals.
Apparently haven't beaten any teams from the top 8 since June. If true, then it's hard to gauge their form.

Their win was heaps bigger and better than we could dish up vs the same opponent last weekend.

Pickett has just been offered a three match ban for next season
The AFL need to start handing out extra weeks on top of the original for repeat offenders of serious acts.

How many more times is that dirty little sniper going to target players heads before he causes a serious brain injury? This has to be his fourth or fifth time now surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently haven't beaten any teams from the top 8 since June. If true, then it's hard to gauge their form.

Their win was heaps bigger and better than we could dish up vs the same opponent last weekend.
Ten of their goals were in the final quarter, norths final (and ultimately meaningless) quarter for the season.

The AFL need to start handing out extra weeks on top of the original for repeat offenders of serious acts.

How many more times is that dirty little sniper going to target players heads before he causes a serious brain injury? This has to be his fourth or fifth time now surely?
I have lost count how many times Pickett has been suspended for a high bump

He's been suspended every year since 2022 at least. All for the same thing.

Shhh don't tell them that

They think they're unbeatable especially at the MCG

We should ask the question for Marlion Pickett. Retiring too soon?

I have lost count how many times Pickett has been suspended for a high bump
I have no doubt that in some future legal action Pickett will be used as proof that the AFL does not care about concussion of players. His repeated offences prove that suspension is not a deterrent to him so the AFL action has not been a deterrent yet the AFL refuses to put in effective safeguards so they must be satisfied with the status quo. ( Note - I have never been to law school)

So nearly half way through the round and the only thing we’ve narrowed down is no top 4. We can still finish 5th-9th, play any of the other teams 5th-9th or miss finals all together.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back