No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Zero fear of Port away or Cats at the G. Port cut us to pieces moving the ball off half back, no Farrell or Houston is massive.

Speaking of Port, there's a chance of a Port v BL Prelim.

Hinkley v Fagan, the two longest serving coaches without a premiership despite consistent finals appearances.

Quite frankly that would be a huge Prelim.

Yeah Geelong might have a chance now.

They were every chance even before the Farrell injury, until proven otherwise Port have zero credits in the bank to be trusted come finals plus Scott has 2 weeks to prepare his team. He may be a toss but he is a real good coach.

They were every chance even before the Farrell injury, until proven otherwise Port have zero credits in the bank to be trusted come finals plus Scott has 2 weeks to prepare his team. He may be a toss but he is a real good coach.
Historically, I reckon the stats will show PA choke in finals more than any other team.

Anyone over the age of 30 should remember PA choking in 2001-2003. They won the minor premiership each year and often got eliminated in straight sets.

This has been a constant theme throughout their AFL history albeit for 2004, 2007 and I'll even include 2014.

Zero fear of Port away or Cats at the G. Port cut us to pieces moving the ball off half back, no Farrell or Houston is massive.
Port at AO is my least wanted trip in finals. Even with Houston out I think just overall they look like a more legitimate team than they have been the past few years.

Port at AO is my least wanted trip in finals. Even with Houston out I think just overall they look like a more legitimate team than they have been the past few years.
The midfield is the best in the comp, Butters, JHF, Rozee, Drew and Wines is a brilliant mix of speed, goal kicking, defensive accountability, contested and outside possession. I just still feel the backline and forward line can be greatly exposed.

For anyone who dislikes Gary Lyon, you might enjoy Gary Ablett Snr at the start, and Alex Ischenko at about 00:50.

Other than that, probably a good thing the game has changed for the better (I haven't watched the whole 11 mins btw, so could be that dirty pr1ck Grinter on Wallace in there as well...).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely curious.

If someone had said to you, you win the 2021 premiership, you won’t get to go in person but you’ll win it. Though in the years to come:

Bontempelli will suffer a horrific injury and will be mistreated to the point he no longer wants to wear the guernsey.

Liberatore has gone completely off the rails, is 10 kilos overweight and a shell of his former self.

Bailey Williams (using as a Neale Bullen comparison) wants out.

Cody Weightman is considering leaving.

Would you take it? I know team success trumps all but by golly I’d find it very hard to be emotionally invested.

Instead of clogging up various Dogs threads with this heartbreaking news.

Half their top 22 want out, tonight it's been broken that Pickett wants to go as well. Some talk from some trustworthy people on the Dogs board that May and Leaver may be wanting out, Trac, ANB, but don't worry, their culture is rock solid.

A very interesting couple of months ahead up on the slopes of Mt. Buller.

Genuinely curious.

If someone had said to you, you win the 2021 premiership, you won’t get to go in person but you’ll win it. Though in the years to come:

Bontempelli will suffer a horrific injury and will be mistreated to the point he no longer wants to wear the guernsey.

Liberatore has gone completely off the rails, is 10 kilos overweight and a shell of his former self.

Would you take it? I know team success trumps all but by golly I’d find it very hard to be emotionally invested.
In 22 and 23 they were still pretty good, in fact were expected to win another flag. How it’s all gone to junk in the space of one season is amazing.

Drinking their own bath water? Lack of leadership from the top down?

In 22 and 23 they were still pretty good, in fact were expected to win another flag. How it’s all gone to junk in the space of one season is amazing.

Drinking their own bath water? Lack of leadership from the top down?
I think this is very much a top down issue that they have let fester. I do wonder if those Glen Bartlett allegations have a lot more substance to them than some would like to admit.

Goodwin seems like a really rotten egg in a ‘quiet’ way. I feel like he and Hunter would get along like a house on fire.

I still can’t get my head around how 90% of the media is acting during this Petracca stuff. The bloke’s partner and family got told he might die on the operating table because of the position the club doctors put him in.

That Garry Lyon clip from on the couch is so delusional.

I still can’t get my head around how 90% of the media is acting during this Petracca stuff. The bloke’s partner and family got told he might die on the operating table because of the position the club doctors put him in.

How's the pain?

I'm really sore, I don't think i can go back out there

That's all it would have taken from Petracca. It was shit by the doctor but there was no reason he should have kept himself out there for an entire quarter

Then to follow it up with only wanting to go to a "big club" is why he's copping shit

I mean Petracca himself said he wanted to go back on. The doctors should have saved him from himself but let’s not act like he was forced back out there.

Footballers are very dumb people sometimes. They’ll do anything to go back on the field. Remember Clay Smith?

The issue seems to lie with how he was treated in the weeks after by the club, not the incident itself.

The second he mention Brand Petracca though and wanting to play for a 'big' Melbourne club any sympathy his cause may have had was out of the window. He's just back tracking now trying to regain a bit of public of favour (not lying but just frantically giving the public extremely personal information to turn the tide of opinion).

I wonder how much Petracca’s brother, who is a player agent for the company managing Christian, is driving this narrative.

Genuinely curious.

I'd still take it.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back