No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Was good to see them go at each other last night. Don’t think there will be anywhere near that intensity between GWS and the Brions in tonight’s other semi

Sure, its great for an easy chuckle and harvesting likes.

However, I don't understand the thinking thats prevailing on this thread right now.

Hawthorn rode a tidal wave of so called shit talking and enthusiasm from 16th on the ladder to within a very getable missed shot at goal and a preliminary final with less than a minute of play on the clock.

One of the biggest of a laundry list of criticisms that this board has had of Beveridge during this post season is that we tend to play far too nice and only go when things are on our terms. Personally Id be happy if our team rose to the levels of Hawthorns exulted Hubris. Then perhaps a team that many in here judge as being preordained as a top 4 squad (I dont) would approach games that a team deserving such a moniker should win with an air of momentum and expectation.

Instead of doing what it continues to do. Bump its arse along mid table and then meekly going into the night when it all gets a bit hard.

Id love it if our team was genuinely despised by the wider football community for how they go about it on and off the field.

Fear tends to bring out that in people.

Being anodyne and constantly susceptible to unexpected losses does not.

Just ask yourself how many games did you go into this season with an air of trepidation. And then ask the same from a Hawthorn perspective when they got rolling?

You guys can get hung up on the personalities involved all you like as you indulge in some schadenfreude.

We hope to win. They expect to win.

It's a cultural thing.

Last edited:

However, I don't understand the thinking thats prevailing on this thread right now.

Hawthorn rode a tidal wave of so called shit talking and enthusiasm from 16th on the ladder to within a very getable missed shot at goal and a preliminary final with less than a minute of play on the clock.

One of the biggest of a laundry list of criticisms that this board has had of Beveridge during this post season is that we tend to play far too nice and only go when things are on our terms. Personally Id be happy if our team rose to the levels of Hawthorns exulted Hubris. Then perhaps a team that many in here judge as being preordained as a top 4 squad (I dont) would approach games that a team deserving such a moniker should win with an air of momentum and expectation.

Instead of doing what it continues to do. Bump its arse along mid table and then meekly going into the night when it all gets a bit hard.

Id love it if our team was genuinely despised by the wider football community for how they go about it on and off the field.

Just ask yourself how many games did you go into this season with an air of trepidation. And then ask the same from a Hawthorn perspective when they got rolling?

You guys can get hung up on the personalities involved all you like as you indulge in some schadenfreude.

Its a cultural thing.

People aren’t saying that Hawthorn aren’t a good team / don’t play hard.

People are making fun of Hawthorn for dishing it out for the last 12+ weeks and then when someone makes a slight joke back for the first time they fold.

Seriously, the fans/coaches & Hawthorn supporting analysts all have a massive wings.

It's a cultural thing.
Mood killer. I think everyone here knows by now our team has a weak mentality. That does not mean we cannot point out unnecessary arrogance.

And they were on goal from being thrashed until they received 2-3 of the worst umpiring calls this year. They rode the momentum after that to make it a close game.

So ginnivan and the rest of them performing outrageous goal celebrations and talking smack is good for football but Ken giving some back is bad for football??

Someone please explain that to me as everyone is talking about football in both scenarios.

I thought to myself last week that I hope the Hawks are enjoying themselves because it wouldn’t be long before they were feeling like we did after losing.

Footy continues to engage and fire the passions.

It's a cultural thing.

Yeah, that's fair enough. It's more so the Hawthorn reaction and hypocrisy to being on the receiving end of some shit talking themselves.

Also, some of their former players, who were known for being shit talkers and campaigners suddenly getting all holier than thou in the commentary box.

Absolutely we need a harder edge, absolutely we need feared, because right now we're pretty soft and a pushover.

The Division 2 WRFL Grand Final between Albion and Sunshine has just finished.

Incredibly, Albion didn't trail at the end of any of the 80 quarters they had played this year prior to today's match.

1726298009215.png

1726298059351.png

Heartbreak for Albion when you also consider they lost last year's Grand Final with the final kick of the match against Parkside.

Incredibly, Albion didn't trail at the end of any of the 80 quarters they had played this year prior to today's match.

View attachment 2110804

View attachment 2110806

Heartbreak for Albion when you also consider they lost last year's Grand Final with the final kick of the match against Parkside.
Congratulations Sunshine Kangaroos - well deserved, and welcome back to Division 1 in 2025.

It's going to be going off at Kindersmith tonight - 3 flags won today by the Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2110804

View attachment 2110806

Finish the season with nearly 650 percentage and...oof

Conditions like today are disastrous for finals.

These dangerous tackle free kicks are getting out of control.

So many called why the shoulder hits ground first and there’s a slight bit of head whip

I wish we had a player like Peatling. He's a gun.

I wish more for a Bedford type who can be used as a tagger but then again we don’t play a tag so he would be a waste

There is real value having a tagger

I wish more for a Bedford type who can be used as a tagger but then again we don’t play a tag so he would be a waste

There is real value having a tagger

There is a chance we probably do.

Don’t think anyone would have predicted Bedford who’d essentially played as a small forward for his first 50 games or so would be so effective playing this role. But you’ve got to be willing to try it which I don’t think we we’re likely to do.

I guess we did try Gallagher in a sort of tagging role while Richards and Libba was out. Did a serviceable job spending some time on Gulden, probably the worst display you’d see trying to curtail Daicos. Maybe if it was more successful he’d have considered keeping it but it’s not really Bevo’s way so I’d still suggest probably not.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back