No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

It is easy to write this year off as a failure for the cats. Personally strongly disagree as making preliminary final weekend is a great achievement and only 1 team can win.

In the last 20 years inclusive of 2004 the cats have made 14 Preliminary finals. Yes they have lost 8, however they have won 6 and then gone on to win 4 flags.

This is the level of consistency we should be striving for, it is elite and before this run the cats had only 6 flags to their name as a foundation club.

Other clubs have won 4 flags in a significantly shorter time frame, but in a 20 years period they certainly we not playing preliminary final week as much.

Will be at the GF, hopefully have a great game like last year but really do not care who wins for though BF Swines may whine, know many old South fans and those from South family's so my care factor for them is no greater or lesser than for the Lions

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So supposedly Cats fans aren’t too disappointed with the loss because Holmes, Bruhn and Henry would have missed the final with injury and Danger would have been suspended. Also Selwood, Scarlett, Bartel, Ablett Snr and Jnr and Polly Farmer would have missed too.

If Geelong had’ve gotten through, I guarantee the ADL would have found a way to get him off for that dangerous tackle.

It is easy to write this year off as a failure for the cats. Personally strongly disagree as making preliminary final weekend is a great achievement and only 1 team can win.

In the last 20 years inclusive of 2004 the cats have made 14 Preliminary finals. Yes they have lost 8, however they have won 6 and then gone on to win 4 flags.

This is the level of consistency we should be striving for, it is elite and before this run the cats had only 6 flags to their name as a foundation club.

Other clubs have won 4 flags in a significantly shorter time frame, but in a 20 years period they certainly we not playing preliminary final week as much.

Will be at the GF, hopefully have a great game like last year but really do not care who wins for though BF Swines may whine, know many old South fans and those from South family's so my care factor for them is no greater or lesser than for the Lions

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find it hard to see the Cats season as anything other than a success. I just don’t think their list is that talented, got a lot of old guys, trying out quite a few young guys and only drips and drabs of guys from 26-31 range in which I’d consider your peak footy age. Forward line is very good even with Hawkins being done, midfield is very weak and defence just does enough to get by but wouldn’t say that is littered with star power (Stewart obviously is and Zach Guthrie has become a better player than I thought was possible).

Don’t think they really reached their A game that much either. Won their first 7 but a lot of those games weren’t convincing. Then they wen’t through a rough stretch where they won 1 of 7, a few close losses but some beltings too against GC and Carlton, and then finished the year 7-2, once again with a lot of unconvincing wins, two losses being smoked by us and a second half belting by Saints. They just seemed to just do enough a lot of the time and with every other team tripping over themselves they were rewarded with banking those early wins with the top 4. Honestly thought they were odds on to go out in straight sets.

Thought they were very impressive in the finals. Thought they were good today but Brisbane’s best was just better. Obviously very impressive in that Qualifying Final against a mentally fragile Port. They might see it as an opportunity that slipped away, some of their old players maybe don’t get the chance again, but think they should be happy they found their best football for the finals and gave themselves the best chance of stealing one. Think Sydney would’ve beaten them but there could be some mental demons after 2022 that could have worked in Geelong’s favour.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back