Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We have exceeded my expectations finishing top 3; top 2 would have felt like a stretch, but such is this season, it was a possibility.
We have to prepare for a Thursday night final away, and I think our Thursday night record feels like it's okay. I know somebody will have the facts on this, I certainly don't

Luckily one of Hawthorn or Bulldogs won't make it past week 1
Unluckily unless we break our Adelaide final hoodoo, we face the winner

True but if we win va port we are in the box seat for a GF.

This is why you must control your own destiny. Relying on other teams (particularly Freo who are just a newer version of St.Kilda) is problematic.

We stuffed up last week and as a result we go to Adelaide and likely gift the Power an Adelaide prelim.

I have said it again and again but it's been a great year from us to win 15 games and finish top 4. Get two finals into the kids and we have had a great year..

This is why you must control your own destiny. Relying on other teams (particularly Freo who are just a newer version of St.Kilda) is problematic.

We stuffed up last week and as a result we go to Adelaide and likely gift the Power an Adelaide prelim.

I have said it again and again but it's been a great year from us to win 15 games and finish top 4. Get two finals into the kids and we have had a great year..
Just don’t go out in straight sets, this club has enjoyed proving David king wrong.

Almost a pity Dogs play Hawks week 1 finals. They are both brilliant at best. Good that one is eliminated- which team do we least want to face in a ko final at THE G, IF we lose v Port.
I say Hawks, for historical reasons. I have never seen Doggies beat us in a final.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost a pity Dogs play Hawks week 1 finals. They are both brilliant at best. Good that one is eliminated- which team do we least want to face in a ko final at THE G? I say Hawks, for historical reasons. I have never seen Doggies beat us in a final.
If it weren't for the dogs getting a few recent wins over us I would pick them 100% because we always found ways to beat them. Now they have belief they can actually beat us

Would be amazing to knock the Hawks out of finals but equally shithouse to lose

I pick let's just beat Port

Almost a pity Dogs play Hawks week 1 finals. They are both brilliant at best. Good that one is eliminated- which team do we least want to face in a ko final at THE G? I say Hawks, for historical reasons. I have never seen Doggies beat us in a final.

I really like the Dogs to beat Hawthorn. I think their forward line will feast and they can outmatch them through the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back