Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't rate the hawks that highly. They are a successful club that unfortunately succeeds when in the mix but.....I don't think their list is that good and this is a false dawn. It could lead them to overrating how close they are and making silly mistakes.
Add Battle and Barrass to that defence freeing up Sicily. They're a good key forward away IMO.

I still don't rate the hawks that highly. They are a successful club that unfortunately succeeds when in the mix but.....I don't think their list is that good and this is a false dawn. It could lead them to overrating how close they are and making silly mistakes.
Disagree. Their footskills and confidence in hitting up the next man is elite. They are legit.

Edit: and I hate it.

Their footskills and confidence in hitting up the next man is elite. They are legit.
I have to agree. Their biggest weakness at the moment is their defense, but Battle & Barrass will fix that. They are going to be a good side, and Mitchell is a terrific coach.

Add Battle and Barrass to that defence freeing up Sicily. They're a good key forward away IMO.
I don't think Battle and Barass are that good. They are spending a fair bit of coin for two solid players. That's already and indication they might be overrating where they are at. They will quickly run out of cash to afford a team full of high egos.

It is weird to see how much the meta has changed over the last decade brought on by the 6-6-6 and stand rules. Football was a grind where big bodied midfielders ard loose KPD +1 were king

Both good rules imo. Has opened the game up and brought the runners into it.

More space with the 6-6-6 and its so easy to get the overlap handball from a mark/free kick to a runner with the stand rule. Holmes is made for the current game.

Agree but Dear might be a star. Cant remember a better first year for a key forward that wasn’t a really high pick. Super impressive.

I have to agree. Their biggest weakness at the moment is their defense, but Battle & Barrass will fix that. They are going to be a good side, and Mitchell is a terrific coach.
I think Mitchell is looking like a good coach, and done a great job with the current list. If he is a great coach, he won't overrate where they are. Anyway, will be interesting to see. I'd be nervous to meet them just because Hawks Cats history but if we perform, we should beat them.

I don't think Battle and Barass are that good. They are spending a fair bit of coin for two solid players. That's already and indication they might be overrating where they are at. They will quickly run out of cash to afford a team full of high egos.
We're in a PF with Henry and Kolodjashnij.
Port finished top two with BZT and Aliir.'
Sydney are top with McCartin and Melican.
WB are in great form with Lobb in defence.
Hawthorn have Frost and Weddle.

GEELONG
HAWTHORN
SYDNEY
COLLINGWOOD
WEST COAST

Those that know how to win and there's seemingly always 1-2 in contention each year.

The rest are just making up the numbers in this comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's all folks GIF by Space Jam

Calling it now. The Blues, Lions, Power have 2024 to win a flag.
Hawthorn's impending awakening will end their windows.

There's the clubs that know how to win, and there's those that hope they can stumble upon it.
Those 3 are the latter.

It's a lesson that when you're in the flag hunt you need to take your opportunity when it's there for you, because your window might open for a shorter period of time than you think. After Carlton's Prelim run last year I'm sure all their fans would have been thinking that that was just the first year of a 4-6 year window of success and opportunity. But looking at where their list is at now, their window may already be on the verge of closing. They don't have a young list anymore and there isn't much in the way of young talent come through to improve what they already have. And who knows how much longer Cripps has left until his level starts to fade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back