Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

that's all folks GIF by Space Jam's all folks GIF by Space Jam
Good on the hawks they played this well and made the dogs look very ordinary

Both good rules imo. Has opened the game up and brought the runners into it.

More space with the 6-6-6 and its so easy to get the overlap handball from a mark/free kick to a runner with the stand rule. Holmes is made for the current game.

Just waiting for recruitment to catch up, could see the comp flood with sub 6 footers Darcy Jones types,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calling it now. The Blues, Lions, Power have 2024 to win a flag.
Hawthorn's impending awakening will end their windows.

There's the clubs that know how to win, and there's those that hope they can stumble upon it.
Those 3 are the latter.

Their run is a bit like Collingwood, in that it is built on a gimmick. Once teams do the homework it will come unstuck

It's a lesson that when you're in the flag hunt you need to take your opportunity when it's there for you, because your window might open for a shorter period of time than you think. After Carlton's Prelim run last year I'm sure all their fans would have been thinking that that was just the first year of a 4-6 year window of success and opportunity. But looking at where their list is at now, their window may already be on the verge of closing. They don't have a young list anymore and there isn't much in the way of young talent come through to improve what they already have. And who knows how much longer Cripps has left until his level starts to fade?

Btw, my logic here actually applies to Geelong 2024 too. I don't think we should be viewing a Prelim this year as a "pass mark" that we're all happy with just because we went into the season with low expectations, I think we should be viewing this a huge flag opportunity that may not come our way again for some time. I was of this "our final campaign is a free hit" mentality before, but I've reconsidered my perspective.

Btw, my logic here actually applies to Geelong 2024 too. I don't think we should be viewing a Prelim this year as a "pass mark" that we're all happy with, I think we should be viewing this a huge flag opportunity that may not come our way again for some time. I was of this "our final campaign is a free hit" mentality before, but I've reconsidered my perspective.

Same, if we gotten this far...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back