Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it about the Lions that's got you so excited? Personally not seeing it :think:
Well not that excited, but they have the experience and have been in good form the last half of the year. Tough from 5th though. They could knock off one of the Sydney teams away from home.

Really impressive performance from the Hawks . No name youth, hunger and speed. Speed to pressure, to close down space and to ramp up the pressure. They’re better than I thought and personally I’m loving Mitchell’s cup or fail mentality. Quite simply the Hawks are the opposition club I respect the most.

Just thinking if that was the cats playing the Hawks out on the MCG last night whether we could cope with their speed to pressure and their dog hungry attitude? I’m thinking we would’ve lost that last night.
Power can beat them though if they find their mojo.

The frenetic pace Hawthorn were playing at is prone to mistakes and skills errors that a better team (re: Geelong) would rebound and make Hawthorn pay. There were quite a few fumbles that saw the Bulldogs gain possession, but they quite often gave it back not long after. A more polished team would have made Hawthorn pay for the mistakes.

Just thinking if that was the cats playing the Hawks out on the MCG last night whether we could cope with their speed to pressure and their dog hungry attitude? I’m thinking we would’ve lost that last night.

We are the number 2 ground ball team in the comp. They are currently number 1
We play Chaos footy more than any other team in the comp (Champion Data), they play it even less than we do and yet we have better control and poise.

They literally have taken our gameplan and are trying to use it LOL

The last two times we have met we have beaten them by 40 and 50 points.
They can stretch other teams with run and carry but they can't do that to us as we have players that already do that to them.

We have the best forward line in the League, they have good players in specific areas but are going to grab Barrass and Battle to fix deficiencies (their backline). We are trying to address that with our midifeld (Baz)
Our forward line has given them nightmares. Jez kills them every time he plays them.

If it comes down to it, we are 4-0 playing this chaos style footy in Finals including victories in a QF by 80+, a Prelim by 70+ and a Grand Final by 80+
I'll start buying stock in them if they make the Prelim.

Really impressive performance from the Hawks . No name youth, hunger and speed. Speed to pressure, to close down space and to ramp up the pressure. They’re better than I thought and personally I’m loving Mitchell’s cup or fail mentality. Quite simply the Hawks are the opposition club I respect the most.
Club yes, always over our history.
Do you mean team as well?

Interesting take after we completely dismantled the Power…

Club yes, always over our history.
Do you mean team as well?
Club…. I was born in 78 so first memories of football were Ablett Snr and Hawthorn GF’s about 7 in a row then 91 triumph. Last 50 years 11 cups… that’s impressive. And listening to Sam Mitchell say ‘ it’s a cup or fail ‘. I personally love that. Team looks hungry but I don’t think they’ll get past prelim, but the bar is a premiership and they don’t hide from that! Awesome!

Club…. I was born in 78 so first memories of football were Ablett Snr and Hawthorn GF’s about 7 in a row then 91 triumph. Last 50 years 11 cups… that’s impressive. And listening to Sam Mitchell say ‘ it’s a cup or fail ‘. I personally love that. Team looks hungry but I don’t think they’ll get past prelim, but the bar is a premiership and they don’t hide from that! Awesome!
Agree, unfortunately.

We are the number 2 ground ball team in the comp. They are currently number 1
We play Chaos footy more than any other team in the comp (Champion Data), they play it even less than we do and yet we have better control and poise.

They literally have taken our gameplan and are trying to use it LOL

The last two times we have met we have beaten them by 40 and 50 points.
They can stretch other teams with run and carry but they can't do that to us as we have players that already do that to them.

We have the best forward line in the League, they have good players in specific areas but are going to grab Barrass and Battle to fix deficiencies (their backline). We are trying to address that with our midifeld (Baz)
Our forward line has given them nightmares. Jez kills them every time he plays them.

If it comes down to it, we are 4-0 playing this chaos style footy in Finals including victories in a QF by 80+, a Prelim by 70+ and a Grand Final by 80+
I'll start buying stock in them if they make the Prelim.
This is it. How do they defend when our forwards are outnumbering and running off them? They don’t have that skill yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back