Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Briggs is a monster.
If we make it . . . really worried what he may do to Stanley 🥺
Stanley is a physical beast, he can hold his own.
Last time we played he was up against Conway, barely monstered him around the ground, and despite winning the hitouts against Conway 44 to 17 they only won the clearances 44 to 37. And that doesn't take into account Conway was subbed off so we then had Blicavs and Neale in the ruck for large chunks of the game.

If we go into a GF with Conway or Blicavs as #1 ruck I would be worried, Stanley is actually a good match.

Hell Ceglar and Blicavs worked well against Briggs when we lost to GWS in 2023.
Ceglar ffs. The human statue.

I'm torn about this game. On the one hand I feel we might match up better in the prelim against Sydney that for some reason seems to have been on a downward spiral since about 2 months ago.

But then I suspect the Hawks have a decent chance of beating the Giants in a prelim and making the granny, which just repulses me no end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not.
The swans have been flaky with every disposal and gws have been dominant hunting the ball. Should be a 10 goal win.
It is in terms of pressure on the ball, and the game being snarky, and aggressive and tackling and 1 percenters. Its fun to watch if you don't look at the scoreboard.

But in terms of goal kicking accuracy, field kicking, decision making at times, its ****ing dreadful.

I'm torn about this game. On the one hand I feel we might match up better in the prelim against Sydney that for some reason seems to have been on a downward spiral since about 2 months ago.

But then I suspect the Hawks have a decent chance of beating the Giants in a prelim and making the granny, which just repulses me no end.
Hawthorn won't be able to travel between 3 states in 4 weeks. I think the giants knock them off at him with the week off

Very good chance we have to beat both of these teams to win the flag.
Worst case Hawthorn gets through, they've had an extra game and an extra interstate trip than us

Giants play ground ball chaos footy like Hawks and Cats do.
Giants know how to beat Hawks and none of the Hawks players can go with Hogan.

I think we are all writing off Port too quickly though..
Ken has pulled off some absolute bullshittery before when his job was on the line.

Do we get the first Prelim if GWS get up as we should being the highest placed winners?
I'm leaning towards the Saturday anyway.
Port v Hawks is most likely Friday.
Other semi Saturday.
Makes most sense that the winners of those games then have a 7 day break.
This usually would all fall nicely if 1 and 2 win but get harder when 3 and 4 win.
Would be nice to have an extra day going into the grand final but it will be 7 minimum anyway

Stanley is a physical beast, he can hold his own.
Last time we played he was up against Conway, barely monstered him around the ground, and despite winning the hitouts against Conway 44 to 17 they only won the clearances 44 to 37. And that doesn't take into account Conway was subbed off so we then had Blicavs and Neale in the ruck for large chunks of the game.

If we go into a GF with Conway or Blicavs as #1 ruck I would be worried, Stanley is actually a good match.

Hell Ceglar and Blicavs worked well against Briggs when we lost to GWS in 2023.
Ceglar ffs. The human statue.

Briggs has improved significantly since early 2023.
Different player at this stage of his career.
He's beating Grundy handedly who is no slouch himself

Sorry if posted 😂

MRP while this was happening...

Happy Music Video GIF by DJ Mustard

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back