Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I want hawks to win coz at least they'd make the swans somewhat concerned (and hopefully make it a good game)
You don't think Swans would be concerned about meeting a revitalised Port team that already smashed them by nearly 20 goals, and had just beaten the all-conquering Hawks?

Thinking hawks win tonight, but wouldn’t be surprised if Port show up and the crowd give them a real buzz. Can see their game plan already through. No Frosty, so go tall up front in the hope the midfield get on top , so they can bomb it long to Dixon , Marshall & Georgie…..those lads need to clunk a few or the hawks will just run it out at pace Geelong style and get them out the back. Hoping Port are winning at qtr & half time to see who has the mettle in the 2nd half.

You know, I just have this sneaking suspicion that Port will win tonight.

I get that feeling too.
Ken with his back against a wall, Port with guys out injured after coming off an embarrassing loss.
Hawks players and fans already booking themselves into a Prelim.

The numbers basically back up that teams who lose Qualifying Finals generally win Semi Finals.
Straight sets exits are much rarer than people think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm not surprised about Dusty, I do find it incredibly dishonest to tell the world you're retiring for good, then get a big farewell, and then sneak off to another club to discuss playing for them. But Dusty always has been a dodgy bloke.
They act like they are about the club to feed their egos and to get paid well. The reality is, they are about themselves first and foremost.

What a ****ing rort.

Dixon is fit, he's just shit house.

Why the charade?

Based on last week he wasn't fit

He may not have been injured but I wouldn't call him fit & an asset for finals

This also allows them to not hurt ones feelings

Did anyone hear Gerard Whateley say “are we ready for hawthorn to be successful again?” On afl 360? Or words to that effect. I think it was more of a dig at their fans rather than the team.

I mentioned Gerard’s comment to a family member who supports hawthorn, and they took offence. One thing that seems quite common with hawks fans is they lose their sense of humour if you joke about hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back