Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Like a drunk uncle at a wedding
Tonight and last week in Brisbane

Missed last weeks, was it the same gentleman?

I don't mind the reminder that this wasn't invented for anyone's benefit, it's been a round a while.

Why would indigenous Australians measure the passing of time in relation to a mystical being with significance to them?

Enjoyed it.

6 of them picked us so clowns the lot of them 🤡

We were paying $19 at the start of the season.
So the critics thought they were going where the bookies were at.
Luckily some of us have more faith and some chickenfeed dollars (me) so keep it going and stick it up 'em Catters.

Missed last weeks, was it the same gentleman?

I don't mind the reminder that this wasn't invented for anyone's benefit, it's been a round a while.

Why would indigenous Australians measure the passing of time in relation to a mystical being with significance to them?

Enjoyed it.
Different fella but went way off on a tangent, twice as long

Look I think there is a place for a brief welcome to country, many don't, but it shouldn't be a sermon!

True.

And we have enough experienced guys to help the newbies like Humphries and Mannagh avoid playing the game in their head.
Humphries stated in his interview, the last two weeks until PF, he is focusing on his family visiting in Geelong; training; controlling the controllables + letting go of the ununcontrollables. . .perhaps a bit ‘new age’ for some curmudgeons here?” He’s nailed it + his mindfulness is way beyond his age. Dismiss that, should you choose. Nevertheless at 24yo, Humphries, has life experience + his application + focus is beyond his youth 😻

Gotta love this time of year - readin through Twitter after tonights prelim and Sydney fans are debating who they would prefer to face in the grand final… you’ve still got a game to play against a team you haven’t defeated since 2016

Maybe that’s something to focus on first
Someone alert Ken so he can put the tweet on the whiteboard and turn up at the person's house if they win 🥳

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF welcome to country .
BC before Cook .
White people .

Oh My God Wow GIF by O&O, Inc
I switched on late. Usually a 'welcome to country' is what it says on the label, an elder welcoming everyone on behalf of the group that traditionally resided where the sporting venue is.

What was actually different about this one?

I switched on late. Usually a 'welcome to country' is what it says on the label, an elder welcoming everyone on behalf of the group that traditionally resided where the sporting venue is.

What was actually different about this one?
The speaker said that it has always existed in their culture between different tribal groups if you went on to someone else’s lands. - it hasn’t just been initiated as a modern concept to welcome white people. This was something I didn’t know so was good to get that info. I found it interesting.

Especially if the scores are
6.8 - 44
24.20 - 164

Giving us a margin of 120 😇

It's psychologically damage Port for the next two decades.
As much as I love the drought breaking 2007 its the one I return to the least. Man there was some amazing transition football that has rarely been replicated but it was just too one sided. 2022 was one sided but it just had so many stories from Stengle, Selwood, Danger, Jezza, SDK, Parfit. Will always be my fave I think.

Different fella but went way off on a tangent, twice as long

Look I think there is a place for a brief welcome to country, many don't, but it shouldn't be a sermon!
We need a few high profile sermons.

People might start to understand better if there were.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back