Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott has never won coach of the year ….. interesting fact . Fagan nabbed it this year……
Popularity contest- he is highly rated by coaches but not a "mate", maybe.
Deserved it in 2011, 2022.
How it gets voted on is unknown.

Under the new broadcast deal, Fox Footy will broadcast every game (H&A & Finals & GF) with its commentators calling the games. It will no longer simulcast the C7 coverage at all. So we'll see a lot of games in 4K. So you'll never have to listen to BT, Luke Darcy, or Brayshaw again. However, I have heard whispers that Matthew Richardson and one other current C7 person are going to defect to Fox Footy next year.
Replays and analysis after goals, too, rather than dead air.

I'm still going... obviously the best game will be at half time when my son is playing... if you see a boy kick a goal then does the Jeremy Cameron skulling beer celebration.. that will be my son lol 😆
He said that is what he will do if he kicks a goal🫣🙄

Last edited:
Rampe took his hand off the cup first, GG Lions.

Also at least Brisbane are trying to go in healthy, while it was smart for the Swoms to omit Mills I have a feeling McDonald is going to do a Reid 2022 for Sydney and be a total liability.

You could take injured players into GFs in the 80s, it was barely passable in the 90s, it sometimes worked early 2000s but since 2005 onwards with the speed in the game a crocked player will cost you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Members of the AFLCA vote for the award on a 3-2-1 basis. So all serving coaches and some past ones who are still members.
Yes, but on what basis 3, 2, 1? Nice guy points I think.
2011, CS had a brilliant intro season, Cats beat the unbeatable Pies 3x.
2022, 16 wins straight into a flag. No better coaching effort.

Checking around the grounds, thanks to Town & Country Pizza, to see what other boards are doing for grand final day and I could see some had their own GF thread while others were talking about trade week.

Port on the other hand...
View attachment 2124188
To be honest though, sounds like Hinkley is going to step away shortly. It's like the best Christmas ever to these guys.

Yes, but on what basis 3, 2, 1? Nice guy points I think.
2011, CS had a brilliant intro season, Cats beat the unbeatable Pies 3x.
2022, 16 wins straight into a flag. No better coaching effort.

Neither Scott or Clarkson have won the AFLCA Coach of the Year

To put that into a bit more perspective, of the 12 premierships from 2011 to 2022, Scott & Clarkson coached their respective teams to 5 of those premierships and in none of those 5 years were they voted as the best coach

Replays and analysis after goals, too, rather than dead air.
I heard Dwayno say that when C7 is the main broadcaster, Foxtel will have a few cameras there to provide footage between goals and the center bounce. Apparently, C7 won't provide any footage to Foxtel in that period because they've gone to commercial.

I've also heard Luke Darcy has left (sacked?) C7 in the shakeup that's going on there.

Last edited:
I heard Dwayno say that when C7 is the main broadcaster, Foxtel will have a few cameras there to provide footage between goals and the center bounce. Apparently, C7 won't provide any footage to Foxtel in that period because they've gone to commercial.

I've also heard Luke Darcy has left (sacked?) C7 in the shakeup that's going on there.

Say that again.. Darcey hates Cornes and won't work with him...

Rampe took his hand off the cup first, GG Lions.

Also at least Brisbane are trying to go in healthy, while it was smart for the Swoms to omit Mills I have a feeling McDonald is going to do a Reid 2022 for Sydney and be a total liability.

You could take injured players into GFs in the 80s, it was barely passable in the 90s, it sometimes worked early 2000s but since 2005 onwards with the speed in the game a crocked player will cost you.
We got lucky with Stevie j in 2011

Which tall forwards to the best could be very important..
Lions have the better forward line.
Swans MF is pivotal- Heeney, Gulden, Warner, Rowbottom all can kick goals.
Lions MF also brilliant.
Grundy could be the difference.
Looking forward to watching a GF where I don't hate either team, actually like both teams, no pressure at all, and both teams with huge reasons to win.
Perfect weather, should be a beauty.
Would love a draw, with extra time to decide the result- it's been that sort of season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back