Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

On that note, I cannot believe that Fremantle - a side with legitimate flag aspirations - is going for a player who has been delisted from two sides already and hasn't gone back through a state league first.
I would strongly suspect that he already had a deal lined up with freo but freo were not prepared to trade anything for him. As a non-critical player for them, port did him a favour by delisting him.

If he didn’t have a deal lined up with freo he probably stays on ports list on a lower contract.

I would strongly suspect that he already had a deal lined up with freo but freo were not prepared to trade anything for him. As a non-critical player for them, port did him a favour by delisting him.

If he didn’t have a deal lined up with freo he probably stays on ports list on a lower contract.
Would he qualify as a DFA, having already been delisted from us?

Yes, I was just trying to confirm that he was delisted from us. It was a rude shock to me that DFAs are always DFAs when Stengle's contract was running out...
They're technically only DFA in the year that they get delisted. That's the year they join in the DFA period. After that they're UFA and join during the free agency window

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back