Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've got our work cut out on their home ground.
They are very good at home at the moment that said they have been beating trash teams and the last good team they played at Optus was the Swans who spanked them by 40.

So while it won't be easy, we are good enough at the moment to get the win. Freos defence are giving up a lot of space and we are very mobile forward atm. The idea of Cameron, Close and Rohan having that sort of space is appetizing.

They are very good at home at the moment that said they have been beating trash teams and the last good team they played at Optus was the Swans who spanked them by 40.

So while it won't be easy, we are good enough at the moment to get the win. Freos defence are giving up a lot of space and we are very mobile forward atm. The idea of Cameron, Close and Rohan having that sort of space is appetizing.

As we discuss this the Bombers set about giving Freo a fright.....

We've got our work cut out on their home ground.
But today's game at the G shows every single team is fallible.

Essendon have been in bottom 2 form. Looked down for the count. But now Freo are in real jeopardy despite having a 4-5 goal lead in the last quarter.

Just one of those seasons. We're bad but so is everybody else (at random intervals).

But today's game at the G shows every single team is fallible.

Essendon have been in bottom 2 form. Looked down for the count. But now Freo are in real jeopardy despite having a 4-5 goal lead in the last quarter.

Just one of those seasons. We're bad but so is everybody else (at random intervals).

Don't disagree.

I no sooner posted that and the whole complexion of this game changed, and dramatically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're a headache now. They land battle and Barass that's the rebuild done
Unpopular opinion, but Barass is overrated and his form the last couple of years has been nothing special.

With Lewis constantly getting injured, they still look a marking weapon short up forward as far as 2024-2026.

They're looking good but not over the line yet and I could still see them being 3-4 quality additions away from a premiership team.

Unpopular opinion, but Barass is overrated and his form the last couple of years has been nothing special.

With Lewis constantly getting injured, they still look a marking weapon short up forward as far as 2024-2026.

They're looking good but not over the line yet and I could still see them being 3-4 quality additions away from a premiership team.
If things go right for them i see them being top 4 contenders from 2026 onward a slip up and make that 2027 onwards

It seems at the moment most teams are alternating between ominous and fragile, within games and week to week. It's quite interesting, if a little baffling, to watch.

It's like the sense of belief randomly grows and wanes for unknown reasons.

Freo has had a frenetic last quarter which might play in our favour.

If things go right for them i see them being top 4 contenders from 2026 onward a slip up and make that 2027 onwards
Potentially. But we all (and I'm as guilty as anyone) get carried away with teams runs of form.

Progression isn't usually linear for young teams on the rise. There will likely be set backs. Who knows what will happen with all of the other teams.

It's very much just a week by week spectacle.

Potentially. But we all (and I'm as guilty as anyone) get carried away with teams runs of form.

Progression isn't usually linear for young teams on the rise. There will likely be set backs. Who knows what will happen with all of the other teams.

It's very much just a week by week spectacle.
Agreed hence why i said if things go well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back