Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just done the math and we can still finish 2nd if everything goes our way.

If Freo beat Port by 1 point.. we will need to beat West Coast by around 100/110 points.

Natually if Freo beat Port by 20ish... maybe 70/85ish would have us cover Ports %

We also would need the Doggies to beat GWS (by any margin).

It's not beyond the realms of possibility and still a slight chance.

Also.... and sadly.

Our game is before the Port/Freo - GWS/Dogs games so we will not have the intel on what we potentially would need.

So we simply must come out and go for the jugular to push for that 110 minimum range and hope for the best.

If our game was later in the round it could have possibly (given other results) given us the option to rest Danger or anyone else they deemed "rest-worthy".

Anyway... we just need to smash WC and then hope things fall our way.

80ish points would give us a sniff of 2nd if GWS/Port lose... 120 would lock it in if those teams lose by my math.

We really have not been good enough to punish any side by a large margin this year... So I'm not holding my breath.

But WC at home... Surely it's a chance.

If Freo beat Port by 1 point.. we will need to beat West Coast by around 100/110 points.

Natually if Freo beat Port by 20ish... maybe 70/85ish would have us cover Ports %

Also.... and sadly.

Our game is before the Port/Freo - GWS/Dogs games so we will not have the intel on what we potentially would need.

So we simply must come out and go for the jugular to push for that 110 minimum range and hope for the best.

If our game was later in the round it could have possibly (given other results) given us the option to rest Danger or anyone else they deemed "rest-worthy".

80ish points would give us a sniff of 2nd if GWS/Port lose... 120 would lock it in if those teams lose by my math.

We really have not been good enough to punish any side by a large margin this year... So I'm not holding my breath.

No chance we are winning by more than 40. Especially based on last nights effort.

Also.... and sadly.

Ahh good point. The last H & A game of the year should be all played at the same time like English football. We play earlier gives the advantage to GWS & Port….

Also.... and sadly.

Funnily enough I expect Port and GWS to both lose next week, but I can’t see us beating WCE by the required margin. Has a 6 goal win written all over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also.... and sadly.

It’s a chance but WC have been going ok so hard to see us winning by that much especially when you consider how average we have been at k.park this year. But yes-it’s not impossible

It’s a chance but WC have been going ok so hard to see us winning by that much especially when you consider how average we have been at k.park this year. But yes-it’s not impossible
A win will do for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back