Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be both surprised and disappointed if we don’t put West Coast away by 40+ next week. They are hot garbage and their record at GMHBA is beyond awful. Far, far better Eagles sides have left the place with their tails between their legs over the past 15-20 years, let alone this current incarnation that sits 16th with a percentage of 70-ish.

As much as we’ve developed a habit of switching off in games like this, we should still put them to the sword if we’re even half-serious.

We should, but like catempire I don't believe they have the killer instinct needed to ram the advantage home.

I think you can certainly argue that the bottom half of the 8 is at least as good as the teams in the top half of the 8
Bulldogs and Hawthorn are better than the Swans and Cats at the moment, and probably on par with GWS and Port. What will make it difficult for them will be having to win 3 finals in a row to get to the GF, with a lot of travel likely to be involved. Most teams in the 8, perhaps bar Freo/Carlton, are better than Geelong.

I will vomit in my lunchbox if Hawthorn get anywhere near the GF.

Surely life can't be THAT cruel.....can it??!
If they get to the GF it would be well-deserved. They'll need to win a bunch of finals away. As good as this run from them has been, since losing to the Power at Adelaide Oval, they've only played one quality team away - GWS - and they lost. That was a close game, as was the Port loss, but they would need to pull off multiple away-from-home victories against quality opposition to make the GF. As well as they're playing, that will be supremely difficult. Definitely be well-earned if they can do it, though.

Given how every team has wavered I'd say Hawthorn could possibly beat anyone on their day.

I think a lot will depend on what happens with Will Day - if he's missing week one of the finals, I'm not sure they have someone who can step up in his role in the heat of the finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit worried. Eagles might get a bake during the week and come out with something to prove next week :(
A bake for what? They are 3rd last on the ladder this is expected, the only baking they will get is from Bakers Delight!!! They will be in holiday mode next week

I thought so too, but Carlton look set to absolutely belt them at home with half their team missing.

5 goals up at half time and dominating.

Still this is why dropping our bundle at HT last night hurts.
I think we will beat wce by 60ish.
But i think we will fall just short of overtaking port on %. We might get past the giants on % how much they lose by.

I think a lot will depend on what happens with Will Day - if he's missing week one of the finals, I'm not sure they have someone who can step up in his role in the heat of the finals
Josh ward is not a bad option to bring in.

Still this is why dropping our bundle at HT last night hurts.
I think we will beat wce by 60ish.
But i think we will fall just short of overtaking port on %. We might get past the giants on % how much they lose by.
Which will then make our suffering worse, dont want to play Port in first week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back