Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the commentators are brown nosing the umps is sickening.

The ump must've thought this, the ump must've thought that.......have the damn balls to say the ump has made a blatant error.

Pretending that the umpires aren't regularly making the simplest and most blatant of errors does nothing for the game but pander to the umpire's ego.

The ump must've thought this, the ump must've thought that.......have the damn balls to say the ump has made a blatant error.

Pretending that the umpires aren't regularly making the simplest and most blatant of errors does nothing for the game but pander to the umpire's ego.
I get players and coaches not being able to say anything about umps but a commentator should be able to go " **** that was a bad choice from the ump"

I get players and coaches not being able to say anything about umps but a commentator should be able to go " **** that was a bad choice from the ump"

Commentators are there to describe the action as accurately and impartially as they can.

They can see the blatant stupidity of some decisions and hint at it, but don't have the courage to call it out in a direct manner.

They should. I'd hope the AFL isn't interfering with their freedom of speech.

The umpiring and commentators alike bring the game down so ****ing much. How hard is to not have inept people in these positions?

The umpiring and commentators alike bring the game down so ****ing much. How hard is to not have inept people in these positions?

Retire and it seems you're automatically given a microphone.

Some should play footy and never speak.

Being good at one is not a guarantee that you're good at the other.

Commentators should be employed because they're good at commentating, not because they once played footy.

Retire and it seems you're automatically given a microphone.

Some should play footy and never speak.

Being good at one is not a guarantee that you're good at the other.

Commentators should be employed because they're good at commentating, not because they once played footy.
Oops my reply is above ∆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks are playing finals. Will beat Carlton next week

Not sure they will make the 8 with their % and pts i reckon they are 9th.
But if they can keep carlton and gws below us we might just make top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back