Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look at the Suns’ run home. They have us, Port and Dees to finish off at home, which given they’re yet to lose down there they would fancy themselves against us all.

As we know their away form is putrid but they still play NM, WCE & Richmond in those away games to finish. There really is no excuses for them if they missed the 8 from here.

Just went back and watched the last 10 mins of the Suns game. I must admit it didn't look like your normal garden variety end-of-a-collingwood-game. The Suns had plenty of really great chances and frankly could have won by 3 or 4 goals. But they did well to maintain their composure and at least take the chances they did.

Just went back and watched the last 10 mins of the Suns game. I must admit it didn't look like your normal garden variety end-of-a-collingwood-game. The Suns had plenty of really great chances and frankly could have won by 3 or 4 goals. But they did well to maintain their composure and at least take the chances they did.

I'm always on the Suns, unless of course they are playing us in which case they can GAGF.

Nice win against the over-hyped Pies tonight.

I'm so over their coming from the clouds to pinch wins and /or umpires not having the guts to actually umpire them in the closing minutes of any given close game (ala the cowardly non -50 to North and two or three blatant "missed" throws in the closing minutes a couple of weeks ago)

i like Craig Macrae but his "we train these scenarios" mantra is just total bullshit.

As if no other club "trains" close finish scenarios.:rolleyes:

Eventually they are going to revert to the mean with these close finishes.

You just can't keep pulling them out of your arse forever

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Bummers may actually be on the up.

Brad Scott seems to have instilled some backbone in defence

Red herring my friend. Scott is getting the most out of an average bunch.

I'm always on the Suns, unless of course they are playing us in which case they can GAGF.

Nice win against the over-hyped Pies tonight.

I'm so over their coming from the clouds to pinch wins and /or umpires not having the guts to actually umpire them in the closing minutes of any given close game (ala the cowardly non -50 to North and two or three blatant "missed" throws in the closing minutes a couple of weeks ago)

i like Craig Macrae but his "we train these scenarios" mantra is just total bullshit.

As if no other club "trains" close finish scenarios.:rolleyes:

Eventually they are going to revert to the mean with these close finishes.

You just can't keep pulling them out of your arse forever
A lot of teams practise close finishes these days, that’s just the competition.

A lot of teams practise close finishes these days, that’s just the competition.

I would say that every team practises them.

If not, that team is not a professional organisation.

It comes down to (a)talent on your list,(b) how the opponents deal with pressure and (c) a fair slice of luck.

I firmly believe you can have (a) and (b) but without (c), you are buggered.

I reckon the Pies have had more than their fair share of (c) in the last two years and it will be interesting to see how they deal with things when (c) runs out

I would say that every team practises them.

If not, that team is not a professional organisation.

It comes down to (a)talent on your list,(b) how the opponents deal with pressure and (c) a fair slice of luck.

I firmly believe you can have (a) and (b) but without (c), you are buggered.

I reckon the Pies have had more than their fair share of (c) in the last two years and it will be interesting to see how they deal with things when (c) runs out
Who’s the coach at North? When asked last week if North practice close finishes, he said, “no, what’s the point, we’re never involved in close finishes”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back