Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints victory would be fantastic, if for nothing else than the melts on the sack Hinkley threads on the Port board.

Love how they get stuck into Hinkley. An upset port apple cart is a good thing. Their, ahem, "commemoration" of their 2004 flag last week was the most perfect revenge we could've sort out.

What a ****ing s**tstain of a club.

Irrespective of STK v Port, the worst we can lie at the end of this round is 8th.

I think it goes without saying that we should all be death riding Port.

Saints win puts us 7th
Hawks win , they go in the 8 ?

The best way to beat thier system is to counter it with your own aggressive style. Going defensive is where the Pies system shines most as they can really get that counter mass approach going.
Yep. This is what we did well Easter Thursday last year. They came at us in the last quarter and a half but we were good enough to score on the counter attack and maintain that 5 goal winning margin.

like we've been doing for a few weeks prior to beating Melbourne.

Such a crucial win in dare I say it, "the context of our season":$

I think this will be most interesting finish to a season we've ever seen.

After this round we'll be in 8th spot. It's quite possible that before our game next week against the Crows, we'll be in 13th with results from other games before ours.

And that will be repeated week upon week for us & everyone else in the hunt. It's that close. I'd say only Sydney's spot at the top is safe.

I think this will be most interesting finish to a season we've ever seen.

After this round we'll be in 8th spot. It's quite possible that before our game next week against the Crows, we'll be in 13th with results from other games before ours.

And that will be repeated week upon week for us & everyone else in the hunt. It's that close. I'd say only Sydney's spot at the top is safe.
That means we'll have fallen 8 spots between our most recent game and our next game 🤯

I think it might have been Ben Dixon through the week was claiming that they were deadset making top 4 guaranteed, it’s a lock.
Cornes and co have been setting themselves up for later in the year by saying surely theres no way they miss the 8 from here etc
just so they can use it as ammo if they blow it and slip out.
I’m here for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All completely up to us now.

We're close enough to not worry about who plays who .

This is true.

I hope our players maintain focus on just winning , unlike me who frets about which other results are most likely to favour us in the short term.

As much as I try not to do it, I can't help myself

Hope this WC shows up in a few weeks

If the "real" Brisbane Lions shows up, it won't matter which WCE we play

It might sound strange but games like that are almost stress free as far as I'm concerned.

If we can't put weak opposition to the sword either at home or away when everything is on the line, we aren't really a factor anyway

Hard not to feel for Ken after seeing his emotions after the game. I also on Sunday Footy Show these signs around SA of ‘Sack Hinkley’. A someone touched on; he has a 60% record and is in the top echelon of coaches to have coached over 200 games and yet still Port and their fans have filled 10 x threads of 10,000 posts and they still want him gone. I just don’t get it.

Hard not to feel for Ken after seeing his emotions after the game. I also on Sunday Footy Show these signs around SA of ‘Sack Hinkley’. A someone touched on; he has a 60% record and is in the top echelon of coaches to have coached over 200 games and yet still Port and their fans have filled 10 x threads of 10,000 posts and they still want him gone. I just don’t get it.

You mean like people on this forum wanting Fagan, a coach that has turned a basket case club into a powerhouse replaced on the pretence that somehow he is strategically deficient and a change of voice is needed? Yeah I agree its hard to "Get It."

You mean like people on this forum wanting Fagan, a coach that has turned a basket case club into a powerhouse replaced on the pretence that somehow he is strategically deficient and a change of voice is needed? Yeah I agree its hard to "Get It."
What an interpretation of my post. Questioning Fagan’s coaching when we were 3 and 6 or whatever it was is the same as the vitriol Ken gets after over 100,000 posts when not one post has ever personally attacked Fagan and here we are in the non-Lions discussion thread and not the Fagan coaching thread and this is your take.

What an interpretation of my post. Questioning Fagan’s coaching when we were 3 and 6 or whatever it was is the same as the vitriol Ken gets after over 100,000 posts when not one post has ever personally attacked Fagan and here we are in the non-Lions discussion thread and not the Fagan coaching thread and this is your take.
💯. Many people were frustrated that the coaching panel was not playing younger players when players were out of form. This has changed and most people are now happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back