Official Round 2 MT vs. Adelaide AAMI Stadium (Team changes, Selection etc.)

Remove this Banner Ad

We must watch Hayes & Milne. They always hurt us. Stevens out is a big blow for us. Crowd will go nuts for the new kids - Walker is a future superstar, and every Crows supporter in the stadium will shed a tear when Hentschel kicks his first goal this week since his injury. Still expect Crows to win by 4 - 5 goals.

obviously posted incorrectly this.

crows people shedding tears when hentschel kicks a goal.... oh it's poetic isn't it......

what a load of rubbish. 4-5 goals is delusional. I expect this to be a bloody close game actually full of zip and running off the backline.
I think if our backline holds like last week then we will increase our chances. The rain has held off so far but it may come later and only be showers.
I think they will have mcleod in the backline as a loose man. if we can circumnavigate him and take advantage of our great forward line [and if we consider that the adelaide forwards being people like walker and hentschel ( 1 game for walker, 2nd game back for hentschel) who can both be influenced by our backs playing good solid matches] then we are an excellent chance to win a tight, hard running match.

The Teams:

ADELAIDE
B: Graham Johncock Ben Rutten Andy Otten
HB: Michael Doughty Nathan Bock Andrew McLeod
C: Nathan van Berlo Scott Thompson Patrick Dangerfield
HF: Brent Reilly Trent Hentschel Richard Douglas
F: Jason Porplyzia Kurt Tippett Chris Knights
R: Ivan Maric Simon Goodwin Tyson Edwards
I/C: Taylor Walker David Mackay Bernie Vince Jared Petrenko
EMERG: Jonathon Griffin Myke Cook Robert Shirley
In: Johncock, Thompson
Out: Scott Stevens (hamstring) Myke Cook

ST KILDA
B: Farren Ray Jason Blake Zac Dawson
HB: Jarryn Geary Sam Fisher Brendon Goddard
C: Jason Gram Luke Ball Nick Dal Santo
HF: Stephen Milne Nick Riewoldt Adam Schneider
F: Lenny Hayes Justin Koschitzke Sam Gilbert
R: Michael Gardiner Clint Jones Leigh Montagna
I/C: Steven Baker Andrew McQualter James Gwilt Steven King
EMERG: Colm Begley Ben McEvoy Robert Eddy
In: Hayes
Out: Raphael Clarke (hamstring)

So the only in for us is Hayes for Raph.

what do you think about their ins and outs?

i think stevens is a big out and this cook fellow seems to have been stiff after an impressive debut last week.

Very much so. Stevens is a very good player for them. It'll be an even bigger loss if the rain holds off.

Thompson and Johncock are solid players and I guess a Crow youngster was always going to be stiff to miss out after last week.

I really think we'll have the edge in the ruck contests with King and Gardi and that will stand out in this type of game.

I am quietly confident that will win by around the 2 goal mark.

Very much so. Stevens is a very good player for them. It'll be an even bigger loss if the rain holds off.

Thompson and Johncock are solid players and I guess a Crow youngster was always going to be stiff to miss out after last week.

I really think we'll have the edge in the ruck contests with King and Gardi and that will stand out in this type of game.

I am quietly confident that will win by around the 2 goal mark.

Solid players??? Both regularly in our best players and both high finishers over recent seasons in our B&F. On that basis you wouldn't be offended if I called Luke Ball and Goddard solid players?

Anyway, all entitled to their opinions. Good luck tonight, hoping for a great game.

Solid players??? Both regularly in our best players and both high finishers over recent seasons in our B&F. On that basis you wouldn't be offended if I called Luke Ball and Goddard solid players?

Anyway, all entitled to their opinions. Good luck tonight, hoping for a great game.

Poor wording brother. I hope your players aren't this easily put off tonight or Stevie Baker will have a field day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never tip against us. F*** it. If I lose the tipping then I lose $30... Whoopty doo Bazil. If I win the tipping we're in finals baby!

Saints by 14:thumbsu:

Also cheers to the respectful Adelaide posters you've been quite informative given I don't see many of your games. Good luck for the season when you're not playing us:)

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!

the sainters looking like a top 4 team:eek:
can they keep this intensity up people?:eek:

You'd hope so considering intensity and pressure is the base of our gameplan.
Squandering some chances in the 2nd, need to take those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Round 2 MT vs. Adelaide AAMI Stadium (Team changes, Selection etc.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back