Official Round 2 MT vs. Adelaide AAMI Stadium (Team changes, Selection etc.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys i wouldn't underestimate the Crows midfield. I've got huge raps for Vince, Knights and Van Berlo, I see those 3 winning B & F's for Adelaide. Scotty Thompson ain't a bad player either. I reckon our midfield is better when up and running, Dal and Gram can go missing in patches, which is concerning for midfielders but if Hayes and Ball can get the hard ball and feed it out to the good users we should have a win. I reckon this game will be won and lost in the midfield, I think Adelaides needs to beat us in the midfield to win, while i reckon if we can break even with them, the twin towers of Rooey and Kosi should make more of similar opportunities compared to Goodwin, Porps and Walker etc. Apart from the midfielders i mentioned shutting down Bock (not too much, he's in my DT :p) and McLeod will help tons as they contribute so much with their run off HB.

I am :)

First game @ AAMI!

Hoping for a good outcome, otherwise it may taint my weekend there lol

Enjoy it!

You'll probably get the "zomg watch out 4 da feralz" talk from people (actually someone in here has already said it) but believe it or not it's no different to any other footy stadium. :thumbsu:

Enjoy it!

You'll probably get the "zomg watch out 4 da feralz" talk from people (actually someone in here has already said it) but believe it or not it's no different to any other footy stadium. :thumbsu:

it's certainly different to telstra for example, lots of lovely abuse from crow supporters last time i went :D

also: I would advise anyone to get tix asap. i got some from my GF and here mum last nite (crow supporters) and the sales seemed pretty strong based on where i got mine tuesday and what was available last night.

EDIT: adelaide board rumour suggests walker is out.

it's certainly different to telstra for example, lots of lovely abuse from crow supporters last time i went :D

also: I would advise anyone to get tix asap. i got some from my GF and here mum last nite (crow supporters) and the sales seemed pretty strong based on where i got mine tuesday and what was available last night.

Ever been to the Dome when you're in the minority? ;)

Given that there is a chance for a shower on Friday night, I'd say that would be the reason. Although then you'd just expect him to be a late withdrawal.

I'll be disappointed though if Taylor's out, thats one less guy for you to worry about.

I see the same thing here in Melbourne mate. Marjority thing.

Essendon and Pies fans followed by blues are the worst.

I, like many many others would be upset is Tex is out, I think he's leading/ground ability would shine in the wet and stretch a Hudgton & Clarke-less defense well

Honestly don't get pre game huffing and puffing, sure, perhaps Adelaide are scum, but I think it only makes you look liek a tool if you rock up and before you even enter the ground you're already slinging banter. Inside the ground is fine though, because then you have backup.:D

Ever been to the Dome when you're in the minority? ;)

Given that there is a chance for a shower on Friday night, I'd say that would be the reason. Although then you'd just expect him to be a late withdrawal.

I'll be disappointed though if Taylor's out, thats one less guy for you to worry about.

hmmmm..... some opposition fans can be quite abusive at the dome or interject in private conversations and get stuck into you.

B: Farren Ray, Jason Blake, Zac Dawson
HB: Jarryn Geary, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Jason Gram, Luke Ball, Nick Dal Santo
HF: Stephen Milne, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
F: Lenny Hayes, Justin Koschitzke, Sam Gilbert
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Clint Jones, Leigh Montagna
Int: Steven Baker, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt, Steven King, ,
Emg: Colm Begley, Ben McEvoy, Robert Eddy
In: Hayes
Out: R Clarke (inj)

B: Farren Ray, Jason Blake, Zac Dawson
HB: Jarryn Geary, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Jason Gram, Luke Ball, Nick Dal Santo
HF: Stephen Milne, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
F: Lenny Hayes, Justin Koschitzke, Sam Gilbert
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Clint Jones, Leigh Montagna
Int: Steven Baker, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt, Steven King, ,
Emg: Colm Begley, Ben McEvoy, Robert Eddy
In: Hayes
Out: R Clarke (inj)

Good to hear Raph might only be 1 or 2 weeks away. Maybe in for Geary. Gee going through that list. We look real strong all the way through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear Raph might only be 1 or 2 weeks away. Maybe in for Geary. Gee going through that list. We look real strong all the way through.

Not so sure about the FB line...but yes, every other line looks the goods.

If only the FB line read: Dempster, Hudghton, Blake. :(

Swap Geary for Raph and then Ray on the bench rotating off half back...

And Maguire at CHB with Fish like...I dont know! Anywhere!

Hopefully it'll happen one day!

No Scotty Steven is a MASSIVE blow for the Crows. That's one less scoring option for Adelaide we have to worry about. They have 4 scoring options for me

1. Simon Goodwin

The skipper is ageing but he's still doing the job, had a great game last week and if we don't pay him respect he can kick a big bag. ala round 1 last year when he 8.

2. Jason Porplyzia

The porpoise is coming back from shoulder sugery i think it was and i don't see him hitting last year's form at this stage of the season. Had a great 2008 despite the shoulder so watch out for him

3. Trent Hentschiel

Very underdone, coming back from two years of not very much footy our backline should be too good for him. I'd like to see Zac Dawson play on Hentschiel instead of Walker to be honest.

4. Taylor Walker

Very inexperienced at this level, I'd like to see Blake do the shut down job on him.

We'll win comfortably if we can shut down these players, but if not we could be in a tough match. Knights, Vince and Van Berlo can also sneak forward and kick goals so look out for them as well.

Great to see Lenny back, hopefully Riewoldt is better for the run last week too.

Tough game to call this one. Adelaide were pretty impressive against the Pies and are always tough to beat at home. I think we can win but we will need to bring our A game.

lol Scott Stevens isn't a massive loss for the Crows.

His not very good.

Haven't been watching the Crows closely enough over the past couple of years then mate.

Absolutely major blow for us. You guys should be stoked that he's out because he's very important for us. Nine goals in his past 2 matches with the Crows, strong mark, accurate kick.

Thankfully Johncock & Thompson are back though.

Night games tend to be quite dewey in Adelaide and I think whoever wins the hard ball in the midfield will have the edge.

What is Goddard like below his knees? And are you more confident in the dry than the wet?

Night games tend to be quite dewey in Adelaide and I think whoever wins the hard ball in the midfield will have the edge.

What is Goddard like below his knees? And are you more confident in the dry than the wet?

That is why we have Luke Ball..for in and under stuff.

Plus Lenny will be there busting packs as well.

BJ will be cruising on the outside.

Stevens is very underrated. We probably view him like others view Blake. They do what they have. And do it well most of the time.

Ball and Hayes are two of the best in and under players in the comp. Were top 5 in the tackles most of the season together last year, till Bally did his hammy. I think Lenny nearly topped it as well.

Obviously playing at the Dome we're more confident in the dry. But we seem to do alright in the wet, which we have really rarely played in...I can think of two games in the past 3 years. :p Sydney and Essendon in 06 I think.

We must watch Hayes & Milne. They always hurt us. Stevens out is a big blow for us. Crowd will go nuts for the new kids - Walker is a future superstar, and every Crows supporter in the stadium will shed a tear when Hentschel kicks his first goal this week since his injury. Still expect Crows to win by 4 - 5 goals.

Nah I can't see you guys winning by more than 2 goals really. We been pretty good at keeping you guys to low scores of late. I expect this game to be pretty similar to that of last week, low scoring and pretty boring...

So Im not too fussed about missing it haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Round 2 MT vs. Adelaide AAMI Stadium (Team changes, Selection etc.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back