Official Round 2 MT vs. Adelaide AAMI Stadium (Team changes, Selection etc.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Impressive trolling effort, a single simple line/statement not too blatantly offensive, yet enough to elicit an impressive amount of responses.

8/10

Surprised even myself to be honest.

I guess I can see how you guys could take it the way a couple of you did - but it was meant to be a bit light-hearted, yet a genuine question. Didn't mean to come across as arrogant or dismissive.

There have been a couple of decent responses to it, which I appreciate.

I tend to think you'll struggle against us at home, with our tails up, with Hentschel back for his first game, and with potentially a couple of big ins to the side. Plus, as has been mentioned, you're missing a couple of the guys who have traditionally done us over pretty badly in the past.

I expect you guys to give us a run for our money, but I'd be very disappointed if this was one we didn't win. It should be a great game though.

If you break it down, our backline should have your forwards covered, and Rooey will probably need to push up on the wings to get his hands on it - which we'd be happy with.

Our midfield should give yours a fair run - Lenny is back, but you'd assume we'll tag him, and he might be lacking a bit of match fitness. If our young guys in the middle can fire again (Thommo/Vince/Mackay/Douglas/Otten) and the older guys can contribute like last week, I can't see your midfield beating us. Especially if ours can get on top and kick a few goals from the 50 again.

Our forward line, once again, will be the interesting one. I really have no idea what to expect from them.

Is McGuire a confirmed start? One of my favourite players in the AFL; hope he comes back well.

I would've thought Hayes would come straight into the empty spot

What was wrong with Hayes last week? Had him in my DT but didn't realise he was out and couldn't get on website to change it. he would certainly be a walk up starter this week though.

All i can say is thanks for the memories Harvey. I don't think i've ever looked forward to a retirement more than his (tongue firmly in cheek).

Glad to hear that Riewoldt is still underdone. Bock is our general and sets up a lot of our forward thrusts. Reads the play and positions himself exceptionally well.

Can't believe the difference in Zac. Should be a good match up with Tex.

Wow, arrogant Crows fans... who knew...?

Sorry, I forgot that there's only 2 teams in the AFL, and the rest are there just to give you guys somebody to play with.

Sheesh, here I was thinking we might actually have some intelligent banter with the Adelaide GUESTS on OUR board.

When you're actually ready to have a civilised, rational discussion without petty jokes and egotistical one liners about your self-styled grandeur, great, we'll be happy to engage in discussion.

If not, remember you're an embarrassment to those of us who live here and don't barrack for you... and to many Crows fans I know.

C'mon now. Don't paint us all with the same brush. We're not all arrogant. And in King's defence, i believe he was just $hit stirring.

Also, we are not repsonsible for KG Cunnigham or Cornsey or the rubbish that often comes out of their mouths. Much the same as you're not responsible for the crap that comes from Sheahan, Walls etc accross the border who still pine for the old VFL days. Watching the Foxtel broadcast of the Pies v Crows was like listening to 5 Vic supporters. Thought is was a national comeptition. Alas I am getting sidetracked and so i shall stop.

The difference with the Saints this year is that we have Gram and Goddard playing in the midfield and Farren Ray and Gilbert also doing a pretty good job around the ground.
We have a couple of decent taggers shoud any Crows start getting out of hand.
Our backline is weaker than it was but seems to be holding up without them, and I'm not sure that Adelaide has the forward line to test it.
Last week against the Swans our traditional goalkicker ( Nick R ) was kept fairly quiet but we had a good range of players having a shot at the sticks.

I tend to think you'll struggle against us at home, with our tails up, with Hentschel back for his first game, and with potentially a couple of big ins to the side. Plus, as has been mentioned, you're missing a couple of the guys who have traditionally done us over pretty badly in the past.

quote]

you can't be referring to johncock can you.

i'd suggest he's better out of the side rather than in :D

Our midfield should give yours a fair run - Lenny is back, but you'd assume we'll tag him, and he might be lacking a bit of match fitness. If our young guys in the middle can fire again (Thommo/Vince/Mackay/Douglas/Otten) and the older guys can contribute like last week, I can't see your midfield beating us. Especially if ours can get on top and kick a few goals from the 50 again.

Hahaha. Mate if everyone contributes in the midfield, that midfield usually wins. I can't see a good matchup on Goddard for your blokes, whilst I can easily Baker getting under the skin of a Vince or Knights. It'll be an even contest, but we've always done quite well against your mob at AAMI and I think we are every chance of snaffling the points.

L2M4G, do you see Goddard playing in the middle? Or that off half back role?

As for baker, if he takes Knights or Vince he'll be faced with a big missmatch when they push forward.

He'll take Thomo who's a bit shorter, but no less skilled overhead, so he'll have a defensive challenge most likely.

we've always done quite well against your mob at AAMI

'Always done quite well' is the qualifying final choke and a 15 point win in 2004? Considering this is our first home match against you for pretty much 4 seasons (first H&A match at AAMI for 5 years o_O ) i think past form at the venue is pretty much irrelevent anyway.

Hahaha. Mate if everyone contributes in the midfield, that midfield usually wins. I can't see a good matchup on Goddard for your blokes, whilst I can easily Baker getting under the skin of a Vince or Knights. It'll be an even contest, but we've always done quite well against your mob at AAMI and I think we are every chance of snaffling the points.

Possibly Goody on Goddard; he's done very well before playing a bit of a shutdown role. Depends on where he plays though; as above, you expecting him back or in the middle?

Knights might be susceptible to Baker's niggle, not sure if Vince would be - we've got a few guys we can rotate around there now though, so it's not a big deal.

I think it'll be a competitive, entertaining game - but as I said, it's one we'd be disappointed to led slide.

if our forward line is possibly hentschel/walker/tippett/douglas/porpylzia and one of either goodwin/edwards.. what will your match-ups be..?..

just curious.. dont really know your defence too well..

i think everybody has forgotten porps is playing, no one has mentioned him.. and i see him as being the main man for us on friday in what should be dewy conditions

'Always done quite well' is the qualifying final choke and a 15 point win in 2004? Considering this is our first home match against you for pretty much 4 seasons (first H&A match at AAMI for 5 years o_O ) i think past form at the venue is pretty much irrelevent anyway.

aami stadium - 4 matches since 02
2 all.

dunno about the "qualifying final choke". the 05 qf was against you lot - we won that by 8 points.
the loss in 04 was a prelim, against port and if you want to call it a "choke" kindly do it elsewhere.

so, it seems to be 2 all in matches at aami (since 02)

2 all.

dunno about the "qualifying final choke". the 05 qf was against you lot - we won that by 8 points.
the loss in 04 was a prelim, against port and if you want to call it a "choke" kindly do it elsewhere.

i was talking 05, the crows were top of the ladder and should've done better in an important home final, I call that a choke. That was also the last match weve played against you at AAMI.

The 04 game you won against us was in april, and was the last H&A match between the 2 sides at AAMI

I went back 11 years and they're the only 2 matches you've won against us here, my point was simply that saying you've always done well against us here is a falsity, you've hardly played us here. I also don't buy into theories about a match that stem from games any more than a year or two ago at the most.

Anyway, I think this game will go to the wire, I personally can't decide who to tip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see your midfield beating us.
Dunno why mate. I agree about your backline and it should, as a whole, have the better of our forward line. But I'd take our midfield over yours everyday of the week, a lot more quality there and plenty of players that need the right match up or they can take a team apart.

if our forward line is possibly hentschel/walker/tippett/douglas/porpylzia and one of either goodwin/edwards.. what will your match-ups be..?..

just curious.. dont really know your defence too well..

Currently should be close to the same as v Sydney;

Blake - Zac - Fisher - Gilbert - Raph - Ray - Baker - Goddard - Gram

Assuming all play, confident in the ability of Blake, Chips and to a lesser effect Zac to contain a forward, Raph needs to get up to play, Ray, Gram and Goddard could easily go HBF, middle or forward and Baker has played back to take the smaller types if needed.

Concern for me is the forward line keeping the pressure up, needs to be a more consistent showing.

Riewoldt was un strapping from about the shin all the way up past his hammy at monday 'training'(not that you could call it that).....strange treatment for cramp>>>

im a tad worried

Dunno why mate. I agree about your backline and it should, as a whole, have the better of our forward line. But I'd take our midfield over yours everyday of the week, a lot more quality there and plenty of players that need the right match up or they can take a team apart.
You guys do have a very nice midfield, especially if dal and Goddard go in there.

Have Ball and Hayes and a tagger like Baker (very high on most peoples hit list I imagine), but ours is quietly building. Thompson, van Berlo, Vince (Goody/McLeod/Edwards if they play there), Knights, MacKay. It's young so can fall under the radar a bit.

Riewoldt was un strapping from about the shin all the way up past his hammy at monday 'training'(not that you could call it that).....strange treatment for cramp>>>

im a tad worried

Sounds like trying to restrict the movement of the entire leg, was it the same leg as the arthroscope do we know?

L2M4G, do you see Goddard playing in the middle? Or that off half back role?

As for baker, if he takes Knights or Vince he'll be faced with a big missmatch when they push forward.

He'll take Thomo who's a bit shorter, but no less skilled overhead, so he'll have a defensive challenge most likely.

I see Goddard having a following role for the game. Will be in the middle at stages, but not always.

A big mismatch when Vince or Knights go forward? Perhaps, but that's assuming he still goes with them if they move forward. They'll know all about it around the packs.

Baker has played on Thompson previously and done well. Clint Jones could also do a stopper role.

2 all.

NAB Cup win whilst being a preseason game was played with both sides near to full strength and the Saints got the points there as well.

I certainly enjoyed my one and only AAMI stadium match.

Besides the 40,000 feral supporters, the rest was really good. 2005 Qualifying final :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Round 2 MT vs. Adelaide AAMI Stadium (Team changes, Selection etc.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back