Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

God Athletics as an Australian is a hard watch after that epic 1st week of medals, we are no where close in any of these track and field events.

You can only marvel at other Athletes peak physical form

God Athletics as an Australian is a hard watch after that epic 1st week of medals, we are no where close in any of these track and field events.

Yeah, there's no Pearson, Hooker or Freeman for us these days.

Nina Kennedy and Olyslagers are a decent chance at medalling in their events however.

Combat sports award two bronzes and don't have a bronze playoff
Isn't it that, for boxing, there's a rule than you can't fight again within some number of days of a loss?

Isn't it that, for boxing, there's a rule than you can't fight again within some number of days of a loss?
Other sports, like wrestling, judo and tae kwon do have a repechage system with two brackets, and so 2 bronze medal fights.

We are a good chance in some field events.

Not so much the athletics.

Other sports, like wrestling, judo and tae kwon do have a repechage system with two brackets, and so 2 bronze medal fights.

Yeah there's a difference in reasoning and the system to get there but I believe all end up awarding two bronzes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t get how she’s guaranteed a bronze.

2 semis, winners go through for gold medal fight, gold and silver.

2 losers fight off I assume, so winner gets bronze.

What am I missing?

There's no bronze medal match. The losers of each semi are both awarded bronze. Has something to do with not enough recovery time between matches to schedule in the bronze match.

Terrible luck for the female pole vaulter last night knocking the bar off with her penis
Were they female? I thought that was in the men's pole vault?

Penalty shootout in the women's water polo. 9-9 against Hungary who are a gun side. But our keeper has been BOG for us this match so far
We Win Season 4 GIF by Friends

It's a real shame we haven't been able to embrace our indigenous population. I suspect there would have been many outstanding athletes that we never saw.

It's a real shame we haven't been able to embrace our indigenous population. I suspect there would have been many outstanding athletes that we never saw.
I had the same thought.

Cathy Freeman did amazing things for unity in 2000, Ash Barty more recently as well.

Definitely in need of a new superstar on the international level

Remove this Banner Ad

Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back