Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

At 78 kg and skinnier than an Ethiopian marathon runner, we’d want him to bulk up a bit if we think he’s got scope for the midfield. Doubt we see much of him at AFL level next year

Lol such an informed post. Sinn gained 13kg in six months before the 21 season
He is listed at 186cm and 78kg
For comparison Rozee was 185cm and 72kg when he was drafted.Duursma was 185cm and 71kgs

We're going to see a lot of Sinn in the 22 season barring injury. More often than not we always play our first round picks the following season they are drafted. He js going to play a lot of games for us and is going to be worth the price. Cant wait to see all the back tracking Bergman style when he puts egg on the doubters faces

Post the season we're all sitting there saying FFS no more flankers. Give us natural mids.

What happens on draft night? The same thing that happens every year, we go out and draft another flanker.

I love his pace, that excites me. Seems a good kick and like he could play mid, I just hope all the talk about this kid is for him to become a mid, not just another bloody flanker.

My first impression is this kid has strong body, 78kg for an 18 year old!
Hope he becomes a midfielder please. How many half back flankers do we have already!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Horne- Weaknesses:
Inconsistent production
Inconsistency of impact offensively

They all have weaknesses reported.
I know. I’m worried with Sinn’s — mainly “Contested ball winning”.

I thought that was our main need, tbh.

At 78 kg and skinnier than an Ethiopian marathon runner, we’d want him to bulk up a bit if we think he’s got scope for the midfield. Doubt we see much of him at AFL level next year

I have seen him listed at 81kg elsewhere. 6'1 78kg isn't a midget. That should become 83-85kg with a few pre-seasons which is about right.

I have seen him listed at 81kg elsewhere. 6'1 78kg isn't a midget. That should become 83-85kg with a few pre-seasons which is about right.
6’1 78kg would be 6’1 95kg by néw year if he eats where I eat.

From zero hanger:

Draft Profile: Josh Sinn
A dashing backman with plenty to offer, get to know one of the best defenders ahead of the draft.

Arguably the best medium-sized defender in the draft, Sinn has shown an adept ability to break lines and offer plenty of attack out of his side's defensive third.

Has battled ongoing injury setbacks across the past year, however Sinn was a standout for Vic Metro in their showcase clash against Vic Country as a dashing half-back capable of having an impact further up the ground.

Named at half-back for the NAB League Boys Team of the Year following a strong season with the Dragons, playing five matches this year to average close to 18 touches from defence and emerging as a first-round talent ahead of the National Draft despite setbacks.

Offers great attack from defence and is touted as a first-round selection thanks to his speed and ability to slice open play with long kicking to begin a transition.

Team: Sandringham Dragons
Position:
Defender
Height:
186cm
Weight:
78kg

Strengths

Versatile
Explosiveness
Tackling
Fitness

Weaknesses

Injury history
Decision making
People likening him to Pittard and then a profile that questions his decision making makes me worry.

I still think we missed a chance to get a genuine mid rather than another flanker we hoped would be a mid.

Having said that our recruiters have been very good so I will take their judgement over mine until proven otherwise.

I'm ecstatic that we ended up getting Josh. At the start of the year he and Rachele were the two I wanted. We just had to get one of them. Thought Rachele was more of a chance. Never thought we'd be in a position to pick Sinn. At the start of the year he seemed a lock to go in the top 4. Its amazing he's fallen to us.

He will be a game changing midfielder for us. Can't wait.
If that's not the kiss of death...

Just watched a few minutes of highlights but geez Sinn has some excitement factor. Big strong body and genuine line breaking pace. Can see him easily in the midfield, looks like he has already played a bit of footy there.

The extra pick we spent was a curve ball but we must have been convinced Essendon would pounce.

We can't have been fans of Hobbs and the pucks after him seemed to scatter all over the place.

Sinn looked really keen to get to Port and we wanted to seal the deal.

If Macca is rapt then so am I. Sinn was touted as a possible #1 pick at the start of the year.

Welcome to Alberton Josh, can see you playing next season.
I'm glad we didn't pick Hobbs. He's just more of what we already have IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back