Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

Miles plays his best footy down back as that medium/third tall intercepting defender. Only real concern is his kicking leaves a little to be desired at times but I'm okay with that since he actually defends and is not afraid of putting on body contact. Hoping that he resigns soon.

Miles plays his best footy down back as that medium/third tall intercepting defender. Only real concern is his kicking leaves a little to be desired at times but I'm okay with that since he actually defends and is not afraid of putting on body contact. Hoping that he re-signs soon.
😊

My favorite moment of the night and one of the best defensive moves I've ever seen. The video doesn't do it justice because he ran flat out beyond the field of view of the camera to make that contest.
It got a huge round of applause from those around me.

His disposal is never going to be elite but he has firmly found his spot playing as a hybrid back flanker who can pretty much play on any opponent outside of the Hawkins type bruisers.

Chuck the plan to put him on the wing in the bin.
Was worth it to see if he could develop into a Mid, he could develop into a Houston. But boy o boy, has the third tall defender he is VERY promising!

It’s what we need back there - strong overhead, fast and with some real class. Perfect third tall and complements the rest of the defence. Logan Evans listed at 189cm and with long arms and the possibility of some future growth also slots in nicely

Played a ripping game. Was unlucky not to be paid a few more marks, could have had a dozen. He is hitting targets with his kick more often and gets great penetration when he kicks long.

If we lose Houston, I don't mind Bergman stepping into the role, with a better defensive mindset and not as good a kick, but if he can get it to Farrell or a Sinn if he comes on, I can see that working pretty well.

Miles has become a player I didn't envisage from his junior years, but he has some incredible AFL attributes that could be integral to a winning side if we play him in a role that emphasises his advantages. Great game tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose Houston, I don't mind Bergman stepping into the role, with a better defensive mindset and not as good a kick, but if he can get it to Farrell or a Sinn if he comes on, I can see that working pretty well.

Miles has become a player I didn't envisage from his junior years, but he has some incredible AFL attributes that could be integral to a winning side if we play him in a role that emphasises his advantages. Great game tonight.
Out of interest, what type of player did you expect him to be?

Out of interest, what type of player did you expect him to be?
Half forward type pushing into the middle occasionally. With his size and frame, it seemed the obvious choice, plus it's where he played his junior years. Reading the play and intercept marking seems to be his go now and I'm very happy about it. Still not sold on his kicking, but maybe locking down a position and being given more responsibility will boost his confidence and his skills will improve with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back